Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would the Rockets be better with Klay over Harden?

Not asking whis the better play but feel free to discuss both!

No way, a better question would be if they'd be better with Steph.

Harden is built for D'Antoni's system. Klay would have career years, but the Rockets would not be as good.

Harden > Klay at everything offensively even arguably shooting. They would be better with just a better coach/system for Harden. Harden is clearly the better offensive player. But it's not conducive to winning having the team jack so many 3s and 1-2 players creating EVERYTHING.

One could try and argue having Klay instead of Harden would force them to adapt a different style, but I'd personally disagree. If it wasn't Harden, then D'Antoni would have Westbrook instead driving his entire offense.

D'Antoni is really limited as a coach and unless he has 3PT shooters, a rim running Center, and at least 1 elite ball-handler, his teams can't produce wins. If Harden had a proper coach who wanted a balanced system and scoring attack you'd see a decline in his individual stats but an increase in team results.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post

Harden is built for D'Antoni's system. Klay would have career years, but the Rockets would not be as good.
    I'm kind of fascinated by this. You could essentially play Steph as the shooting guard and hand the keys to Russ where he's more comfortable. Not sure if it would be better but it would be cool as ****.
    POOP

No. The fact that this is even a thread is ****ing insane to me. Thompson can't create for others. He doesn't even really create for himself--historically something like 80% of his field goals are assisted. He's unquestionably the better defender, but that little edge he provides on perimeter defense doesn't make up for literally everything else that Harden does better.

If you swapped Harden for Klay, the Rockets may have been a lottery team his entire time in Houston.

No.

Iím disgusted. Is the Westy-Klay Rockets even better than the Westy-PG Thunder who got knocked out in the 1st round?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I'm kind of fascinated by this. You could essentially play Steph as the shooting guard and hand the keys to Russ where he's more comfortable. Not sure if it would be better but it would be cool as ****.
    So you want steph to play the role that Klay already excels in?

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post

Who'd be your primary ball handler? Yes Green handles the ball as well but curry dose his fair chair as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    No. The fact that this is even a thread is ****ing insane to me. Thompson can't create for others. He doesn't even really create for himself--historically something like 80% of his field goals are assisted. He's unquestionably the better defender, but that little edge he provides on perimeter defense doesn't make up for literally everything else that Harden does better.

If you swapped Harden for Klay, the Rockets may have been a lottery team his entire time in Houston.
    But you still have Westbrook is he no longer capable of creating for other anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Harden > Klay at everything offensively even arguably shooting. They would be better with just a better coach/system for Harden. Harden is clearly the better offensive player. But it's not conducive to winning having the team jack so many 3s and 1-2 players creating EVERYTHING.

One could try and argue having Klay instead of Harden would force them to adapt a different style, but I'd personally disagree. If it wasn't Harden, then D'Antoni would have Westbrook instead driving his entire offense.

D'Antoni is really limited as a coach and unless he has 3PT shooters, a rim running Center, and at least 1 elite ball-handler, his teams can't produce wins. If Harden had a proper coach who wanted a balanced system and scoring attack you'd see a decline in his individual stats but an increase in team results.
    Your looking at it wrong though. You have a solid wing to play D and you still have Westbrook's playmaking!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Care to elaborate?

No. Klay has a torn ACL. He canít play right now.

I think a better question would be if Thompson would be a better partner to Westbrook rather than Harden. And I would argue yes, because Westbrook could dominate the bb and Thompson could bail him out without dribbling and taking tough shots.

I think theyíd be far more efficient and much better defensively with Thompson as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast