Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, I am strongly inclined to agree with this. I don't know why IKH is trying to write them off as if they aren't very good. Championship teams don't take the regular season all that serious. They usually kind of tread along until after the all-star break and then kind of kick it into gear. For those teams, it's not until around April that we start to see them really firing. We've seen that with several LBJ teams and with championship laker teams of the past as well. My money is on a lakers/clippers WCF matchup.
    I'm thinking 2nd round. IMO home court means a lot more to other teams (Denver & Houston) and they will fight for 2nd and 3rd seed. Clippers will comfortably go into the playoffs as a 4th or 5th seed setting up a showdown with us in the 2nd round.

Oh and as far as IKH is concerned, he has our Lakers overall record to hang his hat on. Nothing else matters. Us being 0-2 against the Clippers is meaningless cause we have a better overall record. Right now there's no reasoning with him.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 01-14-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    well, you said we wouldn't get AD, so I'll take this as a good sign that we will
    The reason I said is because I don't give a f##k anymore. The end of the season can't come fast enough.

Cleveland sucks. Now let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm thinking 2nd round. IMO home court means a lot more to other teams (Denver & Houston) and they will fight for 2nd and 3rd seed. Clippers will comfortably go into the playoffs as a 4th or 5th seed setting up a showdown with us in the 2nd round.

Oh and as far as IKH is concerned, he has our Lakers overall record to hang his hat on. Nothing else matters. Us being 0-2 against the Clippers is meaningless cause we have a better overall record. Right now there's no reasoning with him.
    Lol, you said nothing else matters except that we are 0-2 against the Clippers. Your transposing your own feelings on to me as if because I don’t agree with you, then that must mean the “only” thing that matters is our overall record. It all matters. But we have the Clippers to worry about in the West, the Clippers have 4-5 teams to worry about. I like our position a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Cleveland sucks. Now let's move on.
    But they beat denver on their court 2 days ago

Raptors too
    Pacers too

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Bucks and Raptors aren't our concern until the finals. We need to get out of the West first. The Clippers were, are and will always will be our biggest threat and hindrance from making the finals.

FACTS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5ovHak0FE

Yeah, I am strongly inclined to agree with this. I don't know why IKH is trying to write them off as if they aren't very good. Championship teams don't take the regular season all that serious. They usually kind of tread along until after the all-star break and then kind of kick it into gear. For those teams, it's not until around April that we start to see them really firing. We've seen that with several LBJ teams and with championship laker teams of the past as well. My money is on a lakers/clippers WCF matchup.
    Sorry man, i just don't see the logic here at all. And agreeing with a troll is a bad look, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    But they beat denver on their court 2 days ago
    ok gotcha. So they are better than Denver now. Didn't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    The reason I said is because I don't give a f##k anymore. The end of the season can't come fast enough.
    Really? I'm super stoked it's b-ball season. I get depressed when it's not and I mope around complaining to my wife about how life sucks without b-ball....unless the Lakers have won the championship of course.

Cheer up, man! The Lakers are good this year and getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

And they couldn't pay me to go to one of their games. Especially those seats.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    Sorry man, i just don't see the logic here at all. And agreeing with a troll is a bad look, imo.
    There is no logic to it, it's an empirical fact and no different than saying a red car is red. When we were contenders during the shaq/kobe and then kobe/pau days, it wasn't all that rare (although it didn't happen regularly it did happen) where we would get blown out of the water by teams who had no business beating us let alone embarrassing us, simply because we weren't up for the game. Contending teams tend to limit their guys minutes and now there's load management. It's pretty clear that the clippers aren't all that concerned about their record, if they were they wouldn't be sitting KL as often as they do. The reason why elite teams dont care all that much about the regular season is because they are good enough to finish with a strong record and will eventually turn it on and finish strong. At the moment the clippers are .5 a game out of 2nd place. That is, without really trying they're right in the thick of it to finish in the top 2. Contenders take the season as a marathon and aren't really all that worried at this point of the season. The spurs did that sort of thing for years as well and so did some of LBJ's other teams. That's simply how it is most of the time.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 01-14-2020 at 10:15 PM.

There is no logic to it, it's an empirical fact and no different than saying a red car is red. When we were contenders during the shaq/kobe and then kobe/pau days, it wasn't all that rare (although it didn't happen regularly it did happen) where we would get blown out of the water by teams who had no business beating us let alone embarrassing us, simply because we weren't up for the game. Contending teams tend to limit their guys minutes and now there's load management. It's pretty clear that the clippers aren't all that concerned about their record, if they were they wouldn't be sitting KL as often as they do. The reason why elite teams dont care all that much about the regular season is because they are good enough to finish with a strong record and will eventually turn it on and finish strong. At the moment the clippers are .5 a game out of 2nd place. That is, without really trying they're right in the thick of it to finish in the top 2. Contenders take the season as a marathon and aren't really all that worried at this point of the season. The spurs did that sort of thing for years as well and so did some of LBJ's other teams. That's simply how it is most of the time.
    Towards the end of the season, teams will do this after they've established themselves in the standings and such. But it's rare (maybe never) that a team has headed into a season "load managing" from the get-go, totally disrespecting fans around the league and even their own players.

We'll see how it works out for them. I'll go on record and predict: not-so-good

Laker Film Room23h
    I don't miss rooting for a young team. Games like this remind me how they can fall apart in an instant.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast