Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JA Morant

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Who, within reason? Look at the picks immediately after. Who is outplaying him? Garland, Culver, Hunter, Reddish, White...?

No one was considering guys like PJ Washington and Herro at 3 and I would still argue the best version of RJ that weíve seen is better than those guys at their best, hence why he was chosen higher. Itís about projection and upside, not whoís more consistent during year one.
    Might as well send him to New Orleans now - He probably won't reach that upside here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Even at 19 he's had a strength advantage at times, which is pretty crazy. He's finishing throw grown men. He doesn't have that out of the gym burst like DSjr, but that is way less important than his ability to finish, which is again ahead of the curve.

His handle for a combo guard is pretty good, excellent for a SF should he ever find a consistent jumper. The free throw is coming along, jumper should not be far behind. The aggression and mentality is there.

And he's still two years away from legally buying a drink. You don't have to bet on him being all star, but I certainly wouldn't bet against it. Revisit in two years
    Disclaimer- wasnít high on him prior to drafting him..

I just see the same flaws I thought we would see. Itís not as definite as most here make it out to be that he just figures out how to shoot all of a sudden. If he doesnít get that part, heís got solid all-around skills, but nothing spectacular IMO

Only thing that does make me believe it, is he seems to have the mental part figured out. I just always personally saw a pretty large drop off from Ja to him. But weíll see, age is on his side

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Disclaimer- wasnít high on him prior to drafting him..

I just see the same flaws I thought we would see. Itís not as definite as most here make it out to be that he just figures out how to shoot all of a sudden. If he doesnít get that part, heís got solid all-around skills, but nothing spectacular IMO

Only thing that does make me believe it, is he seems to have the mental part figured out. I just always personally saw a pretty large drop off from Ja to him. But weíll see, age is on his side
    The conventional wisdom is that at his age and skill level you give him the benefit of the doubt to perfect what is essentially judgment and muscle memory. He's got an okay stroke, at his skill level/profile the league will give him at least half a decade to get a consistent jumper. At which point he will be a whopping 24.

solid all around skills is really an understatement for what he's already done at his age, haha but whatever, let it be

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Wade..........Wade did not shoot three's well, and I actually see RJ shooting three's at a min of league average.

Young while your around can you finally close the 2018 trade thread and sticky a 2020 new one?

thanks
    I would, but Iím not a Knicks mod.

Iím only a mod in the Mets forum.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I would, but Iím not a Knicks mod.

Iím only a mod in the Mets forum.
    ok thanks I thought they may have expanded you since there is no Knicks mod for quite some time now lol

Don't volunteer lol, unless it's just to make moves like that.

ok thanks I thought they may have expanded you since there is no Knicks mod for quite some time now lol

Don't volunteer lol, unless it's just to make moves like that.
    Lol I wouldnít mind tbh. Itís been a while since I posted here consistently but Iíve enjoyed it recently.

RJ improving his FT shooting so drastically as the year goes on is definitely a good sign. I'm not too down on him. and he's actually shooting 33% from 3 on decent volume which is really not bad for a 19 year old who had big question marks surrounding his shot.

he needs spacing though, he's been unfortunate in the guys he's played with. as a secondary ballhandler he would really benefit from playing with Mitch in the P&R surrounded by shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    RJ improving his FT shooting so drastically as the year goes on is definitely a good sign. I'm not too down on him. and he's actually shooting 33% from 3 on decent volume which is really not bad for a 19 year old who had big question marks surrounding his shot.

he needs spacing though, he's been unfortunate in the guys he's played with. as a secondary ballhandler he would really benefit from playing with Mitch in the P&R surrounded by shooters.
    So while I'll agree here completely.......what happened to Mitch's hands? He's fumbling and bumbling almost every pass unless it's a one hand lob for a jam? He's seems to not be ready or just not able to make a clean catch.

I actually thought he had good hands but lately its not the case. But once again it's hard for RJ to be on the court with Mitch when he's watching from the bench with foul issues.

He's young but it is also not a given it will 100% corrected either.

I'm waiting for the Wooten fans now once he has a few Mitch moments, then it's we don't need Mitch.....calling it early lol

I'm not worried at all about RJ. He is not the problem .

The Knicks are a complete mess. The FO is incompetent, we have one of the worst back courts in the league, and our front court is overcrowded and slow.

My only hope is if the Knicks can pick up a couple good guards in the draft who can pass and shoot...

So while I'll agree here completely.......what happened to Mitch's hands? He's fumbling and bumbling almost every pass unless it's a one hand lob for a jam? He's seems to not be ready or just not able to make a clean catch.

I actually thought he had good hands but lately its not the case. But once again it's hard for RJ to be on the court with Mitch when he's watching from the bench with foul issues.

He's young but it is also not a given it will 100% corrected either.

I'm waiting for the Wooten fans now once he has a few Mitch moments, then it's we don't need Mitch.....calling it early lol
    he's had some bad games, hes young tho and he's a huge lob threat on every P &R. again, our lack of spacing really hurts though.

If Mitch can become a 26-28mpg player thats really all you can ask for. He's not the highest IQ guy but he's cut back on some fouls and he's definitely cut back on flying out on pump fakes, his FT % had improved quite a bit as well until recently. he's trending up, that's all you can ask for.

He's definitely not untouchable or anything though, I wish we could turn Morris into a 1st, I was reading a suggest trade of Morris for Waiters and MIA's 2025 1st... would love to get some future 1sts like that unprotected instead of a very late 1st this year. we should stockpile for a trade in the future.

i seriuosly doubt we could get a 1st for Randle but if we could i'd be all over that as well. if you have 9 1st rounders in 5 years, you can spare 5 without really mortgaging your future. Mitch, Knox, & 5 first rounders could really get us a young stud down the road if we go that route.

but yea we never had a shot at MOrant so not sure what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I'm not worried at all about RJ. He is not the problem .

The Knicks are a complete mess. The FO is incompetent, we have one of the worst back courts in the league, and our front court is overcrowded and slow.

My only hope is if the Knicks can pick up a couple good guards in the draft who can pass and shoot...
    Agreed

he's had some bad games, hes young tho and he's a huge lob threat on every P &R. again, our lack of spacing really hurts though.

If Mitch can become a 26-28mpg player thats really all you can ask for. He's not the highest IQ guy but he's cut back on some fouls and he's definitely cut back on flying out on pump fakes, his FT % had improved quite a bit as well until recently. he's trending up, that's all you can ask for.

He's definitely not untouchable or anything though, I wish we could turn Morris into a 1st, I was reading a suggest trade of Morris for Waiters and MIA's 2025 1st... would love to get some future 1sts like that unprotected instead of a very late 1st this year. we should stockpile for a trade in the future.

i seriuosly doubt we could get a 1st for Randle but if we could i'd be all over that as well. if you have 9 1st rounders in 5 years, you can spare 5 without really mortgaging your future. Mitch, Knox, & 5 first rounders could really get us a young stud down the road if we go that route.

but yea we never had a shot at MOrant so not sure what this thread is about.
    Yes to pretty much all this as well - My only asterisk is that I hope we can move Morris a 1st, dc when it is. Even a late 1st could be a SOLID trade asset over the summer. I'm just going to be hella disappointed if MM is still here 2/6. It would be so Knicks to not make the the obvious move

Randle trade is not going to happen, might as well stop dreaming about that one - We won't actively shop for him, he's our signature summer signing, they have to give that more time, and no one is going to call for him dangling a 1st. What team would that make sense for. Who is in the market for a starting power forward who can't stretch the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yes to pretty much all this as well - My only asterisk is that I hope we can move Morris a 1st, dc when it is. Even a late 1st could be a SOLID trade asset over the summer. I'm just going to be hella disappointed if MM is still here 2/6. It would be so Knicks to not make the the obvious move

Randle trade is not going to happen, might as well stop dreaming about that one - We won't actively shop for him, he's our signature summer signing, they have to give that more time, and no one is going to call for him dangling a 1st. What team would that make sense for. Who is in the market for a starting power forward who can't stretch the floor?
    seems our FO doesn't understand the concept you can trade Morris and get him back if he really wants to play here and he'll get big bucks also, just based on how he has played and who are the FA's this year.

Not getting a pick is so our FO..........fools

seems our FO doesn't understand the concept you can trade Morris and get him back if he really wants to play here and he'll get big bucks also, just based on how he has played and who are the FA's this year.

Not getting a pick is so our FO..........fools
    Stilla, we have 3 weeks before it's all said and done. Why get worked up this early? The team is definitely posturing with the intent of getting a little more for Morris. Will it work? No idea but they know he needs to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Stilla, we have 3 weeks before it's all said and done. Why get worked up this early? The team is definitely posturing with the intent of getting a little more for Morris. Will it work? No idea but they know he needs to be traded.
    wow Biv you give our FO a lot more credit then I do.......I think they are so locked into signing him they really feel getting a late first is nothing in return for a loaner.

We shall see, there are two or three teams I can see him landing on, I truly hope the FO can pull this off,

If he stays and we get nothing and don't loan him, well our FO just seems to out do themselves...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast