Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think you're wrong there. This season is proof.
    How so? A late draft pick surpassed all their expectations, didn't take much balls at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Iím seeing the asking price For Drummond is expirings and a 1st? Iím honestly shocked at how low his value is. Someone is obviously going to take the gamble and bring him in
    If thatís true, Lakers should offer 2 1st, Cook and Dudley for a Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    tbh the raptors **** was strictly because pop is a smart *** and a dumb *** at the same time here... if the spurs werent stupid they would have traded him for young pieces and now they are stuck with a horrid player which helped the raptors win a title... the bucks got giannis no doubt and the heat basically did tank with the wade farewell crap but didnt tank for long... the bucks/heat have won nothing... now a team like the sixers/suns/lakers tanked for years and have also won nothing... id rather go the tanking route over being a 40 win team every year and losing in the first round.
    I wasn't referring to the raptors trading for Kawhi and winning a ship. I was talking about their ability to rebuild with out tankint and remaining relevant.

They've been with out 4 starters for some time and dealing with injuries all season long. I think they've gone 8 games with a healthy roster this year and yet they're still 4th in the east.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-12-2020 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    It didn't take much balls actually. The plan was always that if he bolts then you were going to tear it down anyways. It only cost you DD, a players whos value was diminishing and whos impact was rarely dominant. Masai was tired of a paper tiger and was going to rebuild, I remember he wanted to a long time ago but then the team showed him how useless volume scoring from a guy like Rudy Gay was.
    I meant Masai's ability to draft well regardless of draft position. Siakam, FVV, OG, and this year Terrance Davis. He basically created a future with undrafted players or later draft picks. Same with the Heat and Bucks. They were able to build with out the tanking as well

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I wasn't referring to the raptors trading for Kawhi and winning a ship. I was talking about their ability to rebuild with out tankint and remaining relevant.

They've been with out 4 starters for some time and dealing with injuries all season long. I think they've gone 8 games with a healthy roster this year and yet they're still 4th in the east.
    yea they are good but it wont lead to anything.... they could easily be 1 and done tbh... its cool but it sucks at the same time... id trade lowry/gasol... get a ton and build around siak going forward and build a monster. you got your title so you have nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I meant Masai's ability to draft well regardless of draft position. Siakam, FVV, OG, and this year Terrance Davis. He basically created a future with undrafted players or later draft picks. Same with the Heat and Bucks. They were able to build with out the tanking as well
    I don't think anyone disagrees that Masai is phenomenal. But the poster earlier said that the Kawhi trade took "balls the size of watermelon" which is what I think people disagree with. They gave up nothing of any real value. DeRozen is a proven not good enough "star" player and Poetel is a nice piece but not a franchise guy. I don't think it really took "balls" by Masai to make that trade. They just lined up well in terms of having an expendable "star" to trade and enough non-premium sweeteners.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees that Masai is phenomenal. But the poster earlier said that the Kawhi trade took "balls the size of watermelon" which is what I think people disagree with. They gave up nothing of any real value. DeRozen is a proven not good enough "star" player and Poetel is a nice piece but not a franchise guy. I don't think it really took "balls" by Masai to make that trade. They just lined up well in terms of having an expendable "star" to trade and enough non-premium sweeteners.
    It took balls because everyone knew it was a one year rental. The season prior Kawhi played only 6 games. No one knew how he would respond to being traded to Toronto knowing he wanted to go to LA. He could have easily checked out. Or simply played for stats knowing he was in a contract year. Or even more concerning we didn't really know if he was fully healthy. The reason it took balls was because we had no clue what we were getting.

Also, albiet Demar is a not good enough star player, he was loyal to the franchise and was beloved by the fans and especially his team mates. . We're talking about a team that can't lure free agents and had lost the stars they drafted leading up to that point. It did def take balls.

But if you're just looking at the trade straight up talent wise, I agree it's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yea they are good but it wont lead to anything.... they could easily be 1 and done tbh... its cool but it sucks at the same time... id trade lowry/gasol... get a ton and build around siak going forward and build a monster. you got your title so you have nothing to lose.
    The team with out 4 of their starters are still ahead of your 6ers after they tanked for how many years??? Confused by your mind state here bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    If thatís true, Lakers should offer 2 1st, Cook and Dudley for a Rose.
    Lakers donít have 2 1st and are you saying for Drummond and rose or just rose lol?

Lakers donít have 2 1st and are you saying for Drummond and rose or just rose lol?
    Just Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Just Rose.
    Damn lol heís playing good but not worth 2 1st

Damn lol heís playing good but not worth 2 1st
    More like cook, Daniel's and a 2nd rounder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

The Pistons are in a horrible situation to be honest. It is going to take a few years to get them back on track at least.

This year: trade Drummond for picks, young prospect.

Next year: Wait for Griffin to get healthy (which will probably be next year). Showcase him and trade him to a desperate near contending team during the trade deadline.

The hope for this team is to get a high draft pick and draft a stud.

Iím seeing the asking price For Drummond is expirings and a 1st? Iím honestly shocked at how low his value is. Someone is obviously going to take the gamble and bring him in
    I read about the Hawks being interested. Would they give up Parsons' expiring, Jabari and the Nets' 2020 first-rounder for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    More like cook, Daniel's and a 2nd rounder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nope, Rose is having his best season since his MVP year. Another team would easily best that offer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast