Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,433

    Repair the Pistons

    The Detroit Pistons are staring at a pretty bleak future, with Blake Griffin breaking down and Andre Drummond needing to be traded by Feb. 6. They've got some good young assets.
    What would you do to repair the Pistons to a more sustainable future?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,455
    Honestly, pay Sam Hinkie whatever he needs to come back to the NBA as a president of basketball operations.

    The reality is it's nothing that will happen quick. There's some guys on contracts that are too long, some on contracts too expensive. IMO SVG did you guys dirty with some of those contracts. On top of that there's been some terrible trades since that time, and it's hitting the point that it's time to cut ties.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,845
    yeah I think you need a hinkie style rebuild at that place. outside of like Kennard they don't have much young talent

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    77,454
    I'm fine with a multi-year tank. None of the teams in this state are any good so now more than ever is the time to blow it up. It is a shame they have this new stadium too that nobody wants to go to because of the expense and awful product. At least with the Wings you have Larkin, Mantha, Hronek etc and can sell that. The Pistons have no one like that. Lucky for us by the time 2022 comes around we only have 2 guys on contract and Blake is one of them as an expiring so we at least have cap flexibility coming soon (10 in 2021).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,913
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm fine with a multi-year tank. None of the teams in this state are any good so now more than ever is the time to blow it up. It is a shame they have this new stadium too that nobody wants to go to because of the expense and awful product. At least with the Wings you have Larkin, Mantha, Hronek etc and can sell that. The Pistons have no one like that. Lucky for us by the time 2022 comes around we only have 2 guys on contract and Blake is one of them as an expiring so we at least have cap flexibility coming soon (10 in 2021).
    Its unfortunate but its about time. You guys have been trying to tread water for far too long now, its time for a proper tear down.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    18,951
    There's no fixing them. Time to blow it up. So glad they took Blake off our hands and I'm a huge Griffin fan. I think they'll trade Drummond to Boston for Smart, fillers and picks. I think Boston still has some decent picks. That would be a decent start. Sacramento would also be a good destination but I can't see them giving up much knowing Drummond probably wouldn't want to re-sign there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    I would like an nba where the pistons are very good again, itís what I know as a fan.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,681
    Iím seeing the asking price For Drummond is expirings and a 1st? Iím honestly shocked at how low his value is. Someone is obviously going to take the gamble and bring him in

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    There's no fixing them. Time to blow it up. So glad they took Blake off our hands and I'm a huge Griffin fan. I think they'll trade Drummond to Boston for Smart, fillers and picks. I think Boston still has some decent picks. That would be a decent start. Sacramento would also be a good destination but I can't see them giving up much knowing Drummond probably wouldn't want to re-sign there.
    I know right, its weird that the Clips were finally on the winning side of knowing when to retain/attain a star or let him go. Imagine how ****ed we'd be with him still on the team today. Man its sad but thats the reality of the salary cap. You cant just spend your way to success.

    This scenario reminds me of the Sterling/Elgin days when we were trying to bring back Brand to pair with Baron Davis when BOTH were well beyond their best days. If we had West back then, Im sure we pass on both.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    38,596
    Take them to the dealership and rebuild from scratch

    Full restoration project.

    Shout out to the people that used to post in the car forum

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    18,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I know right, its weird that the Clips were finally on the winning side of knowing when to retain/attain a star or let him go. Imagine how ****ed we'd be with him still on the team today. Man its sad but thats the reality of the salary cap. You cant just spend your way to success.

    This scenario reminds me of the Sterling/Elgin days when we were trying to bring back Brand to pair with Baron Davis when BOTH were well beyond their best days. If we had West back then, Im sure we pass on both.
    Yeah, we really came to the end of our run fast and it was really smart for the FO to pull the trigger and blow it up. Can't believe how well and how quickly it came back together.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    Clean house. Shed big contracts anyway you can with or with out return, shoot for draft picks and younger players.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Take them to the dealership and rebuild from scratch

    Full restoration project.

    Shout out to the people that used to post in the car forum
    There's a car forum? I'm so down

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,173
    Well the obvious answer is to trade Drummond, Griffen and Rose

    But have people been noticing Rose' season this year? Dudes straight ballin.

    Rose and Drummond to Dallas would be interesting.

    Blake to the Heat could work to if dude could stay healthy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,166
    Complete rebuild


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •