Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    HE'S shown a bad attitude on 2 teams already, and got out of shape twice in a span of less then 12 months. if this wasn't a PG heavy draft I'd say give him another shot, but its one thing to be a horrible offensive and defensive player, its another to be that horrible AND have a bad attitude on top of it.
    I agree. I thought it was a huge red flag when he went AWOL on Dallas. If your not established and acting that way....

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

HE'S shown a bad attitude on 2 teams already, and got out of shape twice in a span of less then 12 months. if this wasn't a PG heavy draft I'd say give him another shot, but its one thing to be a horrible offensive and defensive player, its another to be that horrible AND have a bad attitude on top of it.
    No doubt, youíre right..

Just he could maybe come in next year motivated to keep his career going

I donít think even the most pessimistic fan couldíve predicted what has happened to him. This level of regression isnít normal.

DSJ maybe a lost cause or maybe going home to Charlotte in a smaller market under the tutoriale of MJ may get him on track.

For those of you who don't think that Monk is a PG just look at Kendrick Nunn for the Heat.... Very similar games.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I donít think even the most pessimistic fan couldíve predicted what has happened to him. This level of regression isnít normal.
    for sure... I wasn't the biggest fan of his game but of course I expected better. I didn't like them tinkering with his shot either, alot has caused it. Signing Payton was also a big down vote from the FO toward DSJR... didn't like that either. we definitely are failing at player development.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    DSJ maybe a lost cause or maybe going home to Charlotte in a smaller market under the tutoriale of MJ may get him on track.

For those of you who don't think that Monk is a PG just look at Kendrick Nunn for the Heat.... Very similar games.
    i mean i would do DSJR for Monk but IDK why CHA would want another PG. I think you might have to get a 3rd team involved, maybe MIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

Nunn is not a PG either. They run the offense through several other guys besides Nunn

Monk is a bad shooter, and not a facilitator at all. You think the offense looks bad now? How would it look with a guy who canít shoot or create running it?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I always factor in injury concerns. To me Gallo is an injury concern. I also think he is over rated here. A nice role player that people talk like is a superstar.

Regarding the draft picks, like I said before I'm only giving 4 firsts for a bonafide superstar. Or maybe 2 all stars one being a PG.
    There's an ocean between those two - When healthy he is a solid starter, that will push all start production and plays the right way. I'd give that 23 pick and Randle for him any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Should have specified..

Meant anyone younger
    well usually if you read the first paragraph it talks about all the FA's used with the 74m, then it said no less than a late first for Morris, then later said Bullock will have more value than a second because he only makes 4.5m

then if we continue to read paragraph three it talks about only trading Knox, DSJ and Frank in a package deal.........and to not assume that a package means decent return well that's on the reader lol....

What would a Knick fan mean with a package deal to be frank?

I'm glad Garrett got it at least...........

So yes you don't let a Portis, Taj, Ellington and even Payton just get waived for no return, you take a second and be happy with it, and if you get say 2-4 seconds, who is to say you don't get a Mitch?

And to Rican, stop overrating our young players, because only Knick fans see any value right now in the three named.

So sticking to no player on this roster should be untouchable and only players close to that are RJ and Mitch, and even they could be moved for the right package, lets be clear about what right package means, talent coming back that is all star material where these two are deal breakers if we don't include them, for example an AD or Towns or someone of that level........those are examples before anyone takes that out of context.

So yea in the right package you bet your as s that Frank and DSJ and Knox can and should be included.

And to be honest I don't feel DSJ is ranked so much lower in this league than DSJ........Knick fans do but not in my opinion what the rest of the league thinks. If I'm in the teens for Frank I may just pull the trigger, that pick in a trade right now with certain teams may just have more value, maybe not to us, but in a trade , yea.

Right now I have that as a coin flip, it depends also if the player coming back in the trade has any value what so ever to be added to that teens pick then it's an easy yes for me.

I GIVE UP . Everybody wants to make trades , trade this one , trade that one. Makes no sense . If Mills and Perry are still running this team next year then we will go down as THE MOST DISFUNCTIIONAL SPORTS FRANCHISE EVER !!! What is wrong with a true basketball individual coming in next year and shaping the team for next year and the future. We are going nowhere this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    There's an ocean between those two - When healthy he is a solid starter, that will push all start production and plays the right way. I'd give that 23 pick and Randle for him any day of the week
    well that is an easy one to be fair, just to loose Randle the pick is worth it and then get fan favorite Gallo back in return, yea sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I GIVE UP . Everybody wants to make trades , trade this one , trade that one. Makes no sense . If Mills and Perry are still running this team next year then we will go down as THE MOST DISFUNCTIIONAL SPORTS FRANCHISE EVER !!! What is wrong with a true basketball individual shaping the team for next year and the future. We are going nowhere this year.
    I do not believe there is one Mills and Perry supporter in this forum and maybe in Knick fan land lol........but they are here and Feb 6th is approaching with obvious moves that if not made sets us back a bit.

How you don't get a first for Morris and then simply sign him if you want him is just ridiculous and to Morris how you don't go for 3 months and be on a contender is just well not the player I'd want on my roster......I never heard of anyone that could still be a FA, get traded February, play for 3 months and have a shot at a ring?

That is just crazy........but no matter who the FO to not take advantage of certain players who are rumored to have interest and not take back contracts and get a pick you need to do that.

It would simply add to Mill's resume of how bad he is not doing anything.

You know what would be the worse?

Knicks doing nothing and not waiving any of them and we have a repeat of the same roster with our draft pick of the only player added, probably waiving Trier.

Here is why Morris probably will not get traded:

And the problem with keeping him? He's not Kanter or Lee, he's having his best season and will want it to continue and that forces the Knicks hands to keep playing taking Knox' minutes.

SNy-

East gives Morris hope:

The Knicks enter play Thursday 7.5 games out of the eighth spot in the East. Morris believes New York can make up that deficit, in part because of the nature of the conference.

"The plan is to continue to win, continue to develop. We still are not out of the playoff race. I think we're (7.5) games back," Morris said. "Hopefully, we put a good one together. But I think as a team we're trending in the right direction, some tough losses. The Sixers game, it was a five-second count, typical s--t. So that being said, we could have won that one against a really good team in the East. We go to Cleveland and play really well. And (against Los Angeles) we hold them to 100 points. So we're trending in the right direction.

"In the East, you never know. You put together a good stretch, some teams start losing, you never know. I just try to keep my head up for the team to go forward. Just so you know we're not packing it in, we continue to play, continue to fight."

You know the scary part of being 7.5 out with such a crap record is how bad the East truly is. Yea we have the Bucks but the bottom of the East and last two playoff spots is not good to really, really bad.

And add the fact we know with just league average FT shooting we would have had 4 more wins at a min, and we know the ref's took the Philly game, so this team as bad as we are could actually be right there in the mix for the 8th seed.

Page 42 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast