Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Incoming Bradley Beal trade proposals in 3.2.1. lol

Bradley Beal gave the Wizards a chance to start fixing their culture. Evidently, itís not happening as fast as heíd like. The team better address that-now. Thoughts, in ⁦@TheAthleticDC⁩: https://t.co/PsTi6vVBIV
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 01-17-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i think Adam SIlver would have to step in if the Knicks used their cap this summer on yet another old school big. Only Mills & Perry would make such a move and if they are still around to do that then Silver needs to step in.
    Bruh, could you imagine....

Im just picturing perry and mills, talking themselves into pairing up dre and randle, "yeah that would be genius, well just keep telling the fans "bully ball" is back".

Smh, its gonna happen isnt it....

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    You can wait. The assets are too good to trade now.
    Everyone is fighting over bojangles smith and our amazong 1st round pick we got from dallas, that we clogged up the entire trade market!

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    THIS!

All have negative value, except Morris - you might get a 2nd for him, but hard to match salaries to keep flexibility or you get a bad contract and a first for him.
    But hey one out of 7 sure we need to keep him - this front office is so beyond dumb.
    This cant be possible, delusionals on this forum told me we had all kinds of great draft picks, young players, and vet players, and that we were stacked with assets, and in position to make big moves.

What i was told was that we wanted to be "flexible" and stack assets.

Thats why we traded KP. So we must be ready to make a big move by now with all these assets snd flexability we have!

knicks are gonna tank MOrris's trade value, he's gonna come back down to earth. sell high

Forbes trade guide:

Marcus Morris:

As I have detailed previously, it would be utter foolishness, and borderline malpractice on behalf of the front office, if the Knicks failed flip Morris for future assets in February.

At 30 years of age, Morris is enjoying career-highs across the board, averaging 19.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.7 three-pointers per game, while shooting a sizzling 46.7% from downtown, which ranks second in the NBA. He is on pace to become the first and only player in Knicks franchise history to average more than 15 points, five boards, and 2.5 trifectas. Heís also made it clear he wants to remain in New York.

So, why trade a player who is productive and wants to stay in the Big Apple? Well, for multiple reasons. First and foremost, the Knicks are 20+ games below .500 and have already been effectively eliminated from playoff competition. Trading Morris to a contender will allow New York to add a valuable draft pick and/or a young player that will benefit them down the line. In addition, if the Knicks hold onto Morris past the deadline, it increases the odds they will overpay to re-sign him in July. Morris, who will turn 31 in September, reportedly turned down a 3-year, $41 million offer from the Clippers last summer. His value has only increased due to his terrific all-around play this season. Considering the Knicks are in the early stages of a rebuild, and hope to keep their cap as clean as possible for the 2021 offseason, committing over $15 million annually to Morris into his mid-30′s is an unwise investment and poor allocation of their resources.

Furthermore, even if the Knicks were intent on keeping Morris as a key foundation piece moving forward, and Morris is sincere about his desire to be part of the rebuild in New York, the Knicks can simply sign him this summer when he hits free agency. (For example, baseball may remember that back in 2016 the Yankees traded closer Aroldis Chapman to the Cubs midseason for a four-player package, headlined by shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres. Six months later, Chapman re-signed with the Yanks. Meanwhile, Torres has flourished in New York, developing into one of MLBís most promising young stars.)

Marcus Morris to the Clippers for Mo Harkless, Jerome Robinson and LAís 2020 first-round draft pick. Which side says no?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Forbes trade guide:

Marcus Morris:

As I have detailed previously, it would be utter foolishness, and borderline malpractice on behalf of the front office, if the Knicks failed flip Morris for future assets in February.

At 30 years of age, Morris is enjoying career-highs across the board, averaging 19.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.7 three-pointers per game, while shooting a sizzling 46.7% from downtown, which ranks second in the NBA. He is on pace to become the first and only player in Knicks franchise history to average more than 15 points, five boards, and 2.5 trifectas. Heís also made it clear he wants to remain in New York.

So, why trade a player who is productive and wants to stay in the Big Apple? Well, for multiple reasons. First and foremost, the Knicks are 20+ games below .500 and have already been effectively eliminated from playoff competition. Trading Morris to a contender will allow New York to add a valuable draft pick and/or a young player that will benefit them down the line. In addition, if the Knicks hold onto Morris past the deadline, it increases the odds they will overpay to re-sign him in July. Morris, who will turn 31 in September, reportedly turned down a 3-year, $41 million offer from the Clippers last summer. His value has only increased due to his terrific all-around play this season. Considering the Knicks are in the early stages of a rebuild, and hope to keep their cap as clean as possible for the 2021 offseason, committing over $15 million annually to Morris into his mid-30′s is an unwise investment and poor allocation of their resources.

Furthermore, even if the Knicks were intent on keeping Morris as a key foundation piece moving forward, and Morris is sincere about his desire to be part of the rebuild in New York, the Knicks can simply sign him this summer when he hits free agency. (For example, baseball may remember that back in 2016 the Yankees traded closer Aroldis Chapman to the Cubs midseason for a four-player package, headlined by shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres. Six months later, Chapman re-signed with the Yanks. Meanwhile, Torres has flourished in New York, developing into one of MLBís most promising young stars.)

Marcus Morris to the Clippers for Mo Harkless, Jerome Robinson and LAís 2020 first-round draft pick. Which side says no?

I have the assume the Knicks are just posturing. Itís a huge mistake if they keep Morris past the deadline.

I want them to trade Morris because it is what any good rebuilding organization would do but I have no faith they can execute a fair or winning trade in our favor. I do not even believe they know what type of young player to target in a trade. It was easy to pull off the KP trade because we were taking the L in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I have the assume the Knicks are just posturing. Itís a huge mistake if they keep Morris past the deadline.
    Why? We cannot build around Morris?

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Why? We cannot build around Morris?
    I donít expect him to come back after we deal him and I would prefer to look elsewhere.

Forbes trade guide:

Marcus Morris:

lol they reading my posts..........

I love random stats........first Knick with 15/5/ and they had to look hard for 2.5 three's lol

Two Knicks have had 2.4 and 15/5 and Melo has done 2.3 twice and 2.2 twice and 2.1

Yes you can find a random stat for any thing.........BTW Al Harrington was one guys with 2.4 just saying.

Bottom line, Knicks need to fire this FO and yesterday, and make these kind of moves without blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Umm... I don't know getting 20-20 from our center changes things, then you can rest him and let Mitch go crazy with his block attempts off the bench whether he gets in foul trouble or not... Wooten the same. Don't like Morris at SF over Knox who needs the minutes but it seems Knicks nation loves him and he can shoot. The key is to make a big splash at point guard in the draft and I would also go after a good scoring PG like Schroeder just in case the drafted PG is a bum.

Drafted PG .... Schroeder
    RJ .................. Frank
    Knox............... Bullock
    Morris............. Wooten
    Drummond..... Mitch

Pistons want Julius and a young guard so we give them DSJ and Taj to make the money work. They might want one of the Dallas picks also... So be it.

Resign Drummond to a 4 year 120 million deal

Sign Schroeder to a 3 year 50 million deal

Knicks still have 22 million left to sign Morris or another stretch 4 like Bertans

That's how you use cap space instead of signing meaningless players like Ellington and Taj

That lineup doesn't hurt the Knicks growth in any way. Gives us a young all-star and takes all the pressure off of Mitch to be great right away.

Tell me how that team isn't better moving forward.
    Makes sense to me lwts get it done I with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Umm... I don't know getting 20-20 from our center changes things, then you can rest him and let Mitch go crazy with his block attempts off the bench whether he gets in foul trouble or not... Wooten the same. Don't like Morris at SF over Knox who needs the minutes but it seems Knicks nation loves him and he can shoot. The key is to make a big splash at point guard in the draft and I would also go after a good scoring PG like Schroeder just in case the drafted PG is a bum.

Drafted PG .... Schroeder
    RJ .................. Frank
    Knox............... Bullock
    Morris............. Wooten
    Drummond..... Mitch

Pistons want Julius and a young guard so we give them DSJ and Taj to make the money work. They might want one of the Dallas picks also... So be it.

Resign Drummond to a 4 year 120 million deal

Sign Schroeder to a 3 year 50 million deal

Knicks still have 22 million left to sign Morris or another stretch 4 like Bertans

That's how you use cap space instead of signing meaningless players like Ellington and Taj

That lineup doesn't hurt the Knicks growth in any way. Gives us a young all-star and takes all the pressure off of Mitch to be great right away.

Tell me how that team isn't better moving forward.
    You have gone off the deep end...

Give up a 1st, and then a 4/120M extension for Drummond. If that happens, I think 75% of this board will officially end their fanhood..

And Schroder isnít a FA. Even if he was, 3/50 isnít getting it done

Incoming Bradley Beal trade proposals in 3.2.1. lol

Bradley Beal gave the Wizards a chance to start fixing their culture. Evidently, itís not happening as fast as heíd like. The team better address that-now. Thoughts, in ⁦@TheAthleticDC⁩: https://t.co/PsTi6vVBIV
    Bradley Beal should be the target to be pursued.

Top 30 league players, just 26, good sniper, decent defender and nice contract.

Put it next to the draft PG (LaMelo, Cole, Mannion, Haliburton) and Barrett in SF.

Randle
    Knox
    DSJ or Frank
    picks Mavs 2021 and 2023
    pick 2020 via trade Morris

I think it would be a good package to start a negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post
    Bradley Beal should be the target to be pursued.

Top 30 league players, just 26, good sniper, decent defender and nice contract.

Put it next to the draft PG (LaMelo, Cole, Mannion, Haliburton) and Barrett in SF.

Randle
    Knox
    DSJ or Frank
    picks Mavs 2021 and 2023
    pick 2020 via trade Morris

I think it would be a good package to start a negotiation.
    If he is not happy losing in DC you think he will be happy losing in NY?

We desperately need a real point guard but i prefer to keep Frank as a backup so he can defend 1 through 3

Drummond will want too much money for someone that doesnt protect the rim. Were better off just praying we get a high lottery pick to pair with RJ

On a sidenote i just dont see Beal coming here either, for some reason i just dont see that happening