Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 133 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

NYK was aware other teams had interest in Kenny Wooten - including 1 team that was prepared to make an offer, per SNY sources. So it makes sense that theyíd act quickly to create a roster spot for him. Theyíll waive 2-way player Ivan Rabb, source confirms. Stadium first reported.
    (Begley)

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    even if they give him to us, do you really want to risk him capping us out this summer if he opts in?

that $29m is much better spent on a SF like Bertans or Bogs, Hayward, Porter...etc...
    I'll have to think about that - I'm not sure I agree. Bertrans, Hayward Porter are not particularly exciting. Drummond I think would be a top FA this summer if he opts out.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I wouldnít either because Schroder doesnít move the needle and doesnít really solve anything. Heís not a good enough starting PG and we have enough backup options already as it is.
    He wouldnít move the needle?

Heís definitely good enough to be a starter for a lot of teams. Just because he comes off the bench doesnít mean he isnít good enough. Iíd do that trade in a second

Unfortunately OKC wouldnít

For 29mil I think Knicks can find a decent C and PG who are buried on other teams.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I'll have to think about that - I'm not sure I agree. Bertrans, Hayward Porter are not particularly exciting. Drummond I think would be a top FA this summer if he opts out.
    Bertans is hitting almost 4 three's per game in less than 30mpg and averaging 15 & 5 on 45/44/89 shooting. he's basically a Novak that you can play 30mpg. That sounds MUCH more exciting then another big man that cant shoot.

Mitch can dominate games on D, that's all we need at C.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    just saying they are similar players with similar weaknesses despite the PPG & RPG. I think it makes people think they are better than what they are. they are huge bodies who lives in the paint and in this day and age that means a ton of rebounds and putbacks.

niether are bad players but niether are what we need or as good as their counting stats suggest.
    But they arenít similar players. Whiteside is mobile enough and doesnít hold the ball near as long as Drummond. He is just a moron without the floor sense to be in the right spots. He has the athletic ability just not the instinct. Drum is slower and needs the ball way too much for my taste. I think bigs should be finishers and ball movers now. What they have in common is they canít shoot. Well neither canít Clint, Rudy, Bam, Jared Allen.... this is just another bad comparison. Drummond is actually a very unique player. I donít think there is another guy like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    But they arenít similar players. Whiteside is mobile enough and doesnít hold the ball near as long as Drummond. He is just a moron without the floor sense to be in the right spots. He has the athletic ability just not the instinct. Drum is slower and needs the ball way too much for my taste. I think bigs should be finishers and ball movers now. What they have in common is they canít shoot. Well neither canít Clint, Rudy, Bam, Jared Allen.... this is just another bad comparison. Drummond is actually a very unique player. I donít think there is another guy like him

Drummond is better than all those centers, I'd even argue Rudy as well. Rudy is a better defender but we still have Mitchell coming off the bench and now Wooten too at 4/5... Trade Taj quick.

It's obvious you don't watch Pistons games because Drummond is not slow at all... He is super athletic and is becoming a better passer. He has really nice post big man moves around the basket that they don't teach centers now a days... That's why he and Embiid always go at it because they are probably the only 2 bigs in the NBA who can still play with their backs to the basket, add Jokic. Drummond is just entering his prime and there won't be any other free agents available that are on his skill level... The guy leads the NBA in rebounds for crying out loud. It's a joke that anybody needs to sell a talent like Drummond to Knicks fans as badly as we need talent... I can't believe you guys. Hell they Don't even need a draft pick in return. He is a freaking steal right now.

Even if the Knicks paid Drummond 29 million next season, Randle would have to go in the trade so he would be there only player that would be guaranteed against our cap... Knicks would still have 41 million left to fill out the roster.

41 million gets us a better backup PG like Schoeder in case our drafted PG is a bust and enough to sign a sharp shooter like Bertans. I also saw a deal which included Morris and Trier to Denver for Malik Beasley and Filler. Do that because Beasley can really shoot.

Could be a lineup like:

Ball................. Schoeder
    RJ....................Beasley
    Knox................Bullock
    Bertans...........Wooten
    Drummond..... Mitch

That my friends is a much better team than we are getting in free agency with Drummonds cap space. I'm sure he is choosing another team if he goes on the free market. Knicks trade Julius and Frank for him and lock him in for 4 years at 29 million. Sorry we don't have any better options!

Wait a minute..

Did you just say you would argue Drummond is better than Rudy Gobert? Whos made multiple all-nba teams, 3 all nba first team defensive, and back to back DPOY? Who also is averaging 14/14/2 right now, and who anchors the 3 seed in the west?

Before we get Drummond I rather get Kevin love.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Wait a minute..

Did you just say you would argue Drummond is better than Rudy Gobert? Whos made multiple all-nba teams, 3 all nba first team defensive, and back to back DPOY? Who also is averaging 14/14/2 right now, and who anchors the 3 seed in the west?
    Drummond averages 18ppg and 17 rebs 1.5 blocks.... He is much more athletic and faster down the floor than Rudy. Jazz have a much better team around Rudy and a really good all-star in Donovan Mitchell who is the franchise player. Drummond is a much better post scorer than Rudy and like I said... Knicks would still have Mitch off the bench not worrying about him being in foul trouble where he can really reak havoc. If a team like Boston gets Drummond just hand the East title over to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    Before we get Drummond I rather get Kevin love.
    Love is almost about 8 years older than Drummond... Go watch some Pistons games... Drummond isn't the reason they are losing. With Blake and Rose out their second best player is Langston Galloway... Yet they still have a better record than the Knicks...lol

Sure seems like Morris may have played his last game with the Knicks this year???

Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman ∑ 10h10 hours ago

Marcus Morris to miss his fifth straight game tomorrow in Milwaukee.

Yep, that pain in the neck is called trade insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Love is almost about 8 years older than Drummond... Go watch some Pistons games... Drummond isn't the reason they are losing. With Blake and Rose out their second best player is Langston Galloway... Yet they still have a better record than the Knicks...lol
    How many centers that are subpar defenders and can only dunk you need? How many championships are won with this kind of skillset as a player? Love is far from being a player I would trade for, but he brings better skills to a winning team than Drummond. Period.
    `

The Piston Iíve seen in rumors Iíd be most interested in is Kennard. I have no idea why the Piston would be looking to move him but he would be a very good get.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.