Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

I honestly can't believe anyone would want to make Drummond our center piece. Even avoiding the fact that people go hack a Dre at the end of games he is going g to want to be maxed out.

People really want a roster featuring Drummond and players years away from their prime. That's before factoring in "today's game" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I honestly can't believe anyone would want to make Drummond our center piece. Even avoiding the fact that people go hack a Dre at the end of games he is going g to want to be maxed out.

People really want a roster featuring Drummond and players years away from their prime. That's before factoring in "today's game" and all that.
    DET is rebuilding like us and their fans would gladly take a late 1st for him, they want him gone badly. that tells you all you need to know.

I am convinced the Knicks are stuck in the 90's.
    Interest in Drummond is just another example.
    All decent teams have a 4 (or 5) that can stretch the floor, some run with 2 PG's.
    What Knicks do? The exact opposite.
    Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    DET is rebuilding like us and their fans would gladly take a late 1st for him, they want him gone badly. that tells you all you need to know.
    To be fair on that end apparently he is opting out making him a free agent. So I get trying to get something for him. But he is a mental which should lower his value. And will demand a max to stay, which should lower his value

Then you get into all the other stuff.

The only way it makes sense is if we can trade Randle and DSJ (who wants out) and then flip him in a sign and trade to a team that is over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    To be fair on that end apparently he is opting out making him a free agent. So I get trying to get something for him. But he is a mental which should lower his value. And will demand a max to stay, which should lower his value

Then you get into all the other stuff.

The only way it makes sense is if we can trade Randle and DSJ (who wants out) and then flip him in a sign and trade to a team that is over the cap.
    yes but they dont want to resign him.

he's not getting a max though, no one's going to max a Drummond type of player in this day and age, but I can see a desperate team giving him 3/60m or 4/80m and then regretting it almost instantly like when DAL gave DeAndre Jordan $24m per year.

i'm not convinced Dre is opting out either, I think when his agent starts to get a feel for the market, he could very well decide to opt in for $29m because I don't think he gets more than 15-20m per year on the market. Might make sense to become a FA after getting the $29m,.

yes but they dont want to resign him.

he's not getting a max though, no one's going to max a Drummond type of player in this day and age, but I can see a desperate team giving him 3/60m or 4/80m and then regretting it almost instantly like when DAL gave DeAndre Jordan $24m per year.

i'm not convinced Dre is opting out either, I think when his agent starts to get a feel for the market, he could very well decide to opt in for $29m because I don't think he gets more than 15-20m per year on the market. Might make sense to become a FA after getting the $29m,.
    they do want to resign, show us where you read that, Detroit feels he is opting out and will sign elsewhere with a contender most likely or back to where he grew up.

I love how fans say he has no value, clearly there are teams interested in him and they just couldn't come to terms with Atlanta.

So the question in posts is why I Detroit getting rid of him? Well duh, they stink, Griffin just had surgery and he's a goner, and they will try for the best offer possible.
    the Next question is why does he value in Atlanta they have Trae and Collins and Huerter...hmmmmm

How in the world can you project that mitch very soon will be better than Drum? That's just fanhood......Mitch has potential to one day play as well as Drum, and that is a strong maybe......Drum is 26 and already playing like Drum lol........

Team is not moving Randle this year and maybe not even next year he will just expire and then we owe him 4mil on the cap for the following year.

Frank has potential as a good role player.....ruling this out because of Frank and that is what it comes down to with all of you guys constantly overrating him and talking if's and he could be this or that.

I can see the Knicks making this kind of trade, even if he don't sign here, I would take so many FA's even in this years 2020 FA over Frank/Randle combo and it's not close.

Knicks draft a PG, and next year you have RJ and Bullock where exactly is Frank getting playing time from? Me and most here know it, I do not like Frank running the point and we have plenty of wings already.

I came to the belief that I want no part of Randle and it only will cost a role player that is replaceable with someone who is a 3 & D guy.........

There is not discussions with some of you when the Frank word comes up, so it's kind of a useless conversation but let's see what happens, could be nothing what so ever.

But I'll tell you this much if Minny is tossing around names and they want Mitch, Dre actually has value with us at that point, especially with Morris and if you move Bullock to the three.....that is a very nice front court in the East........I see RJ developing well for next year and we draft a pg, or see if VanFleet likes those 4 players and he becomes the 5th and our draft pick is the back up PG and if that pick pans out you can go three guard rotation.

If Knicks are stupid enough to take Dre and think they are keeping Mitch just as backup the trade is stupid but if there are takers for Mitch it kind of makes sense.

I knew once that post with Frank's name was included, watch out lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    they do want to resign, show us where you read that, Detroit feels he is opting out and will sign elsewhere with a contender most likely or back to where he grew up.

I love how fans say he has no value, clearly there are teams interested in him and they just couldn't come to terms with Atlanta.

So the question in posts is why I Detroit getting rid of him? Well duh, they stink, Griffin just had surgery and he's a goner, and they will try for the best offer possible.
    the Next question is why does he value in Atlanta they have Trae and Collins and Huerter...hmmmmm

How in the world can you project that mitch very soon will be better than Drum? That's just fanhood......Mitch has potential to one day play as well as Drum, and that is a strong maybe......Drum is 26 and already playing like Drum lol........

Team is not moving Randle this year and maybe not even next year he will just expire and then we owe him 4mil on the cap for the following year.

Frank has potential as a good role player.....ruling this out because of Frank and that is what it comes down to with all of you guys constantly overrating him and talking if's and he could be this or that.

I can see the Knicks making this kind of trade, even if he don't sign here, I would take so many FA's even in this years 2020 FA over Frank/Randle combo and it's not close.

Knicks draft a PG, and next year you have RJ and Bullock where exactly is Frank getting playing time from? Me and most here know it, I do not like Frank running the point and we have plenty of wings already.

I came to the belief that I want no part of Randle and it only will cost a role player that is replaceable with someone who is a 3 & D guy.........

There is not discussions with some of you when the Frank word comes up, so it's kind of a useless conversation but let's see what happens, could be nothing what so ever.

But I'll tell you this much if Minny is tossing around names and they want Mitch, Dre actually has value with us at that point, especially with Morris and if you move Bullock to the three.....that is a very nice front court in the East........I see RJ developing well for next year and we draft a pg, or see if VanFleet likes those 4 players and he becomes the 5th and our draft pick is the back up PG and if that pick pans out you can go three guard rotation.

If Knicks are stupid enough to take Dre and think they are keeping Mitch just as backup the trade is stupid but if there are takers for Mitch it kind of makes sense.

haven't seen even 1 person mention Frank except you who always claimed he had no trade value.

Dre is not a good fit even if he were free.

that being said I think DET is just trying to drum up interest... ATL seems to want Adams, not Dre. not sure DET can get anything other than expirings for him and maybe a late pick.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 01-12-2020 at 11:55 AM.

people thought Kanter was worth 15m and was our starting C worth keeping at one point too... what does Dre do better than Kanter?

I think people think Dre is a good defender because the rebounds and blocks but it's more of a product of him living in the paint.
    He is a very good passer, he blocks shots, and he is a better defender then you are giving him credit for. I don't want him either, want no part of him, but he does have some skills that Kanter does not

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

What about those that don't care that it is Frank we just think it's dumb to take Drummond for his role and eventual salary let alone for any asset.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He is a very good passer, he blocks shots, and he is a better defender then you are giving him credit for. I don't want him either, want no part of him, but he does have some skills that Kanter does not
    he's better than Kanter, but my point was he's another old school guy that people will tire of quickly.

very good passer is drastically overstating it, 2.6 apg in 34mpg on high usage to go with 3.5 TO's per game. more TO's than assists is never a good thing.

Still..

You’re assuming a lot. Just because there’s “interest”, that doesnt mean much. If it’s a salary dump, fine. I doubt anyone is giving up much for him. I wouldn’t be so sure he’s opting out. Also wouldn’t be so sure there’s many teams out there throwing big money at him.

Mitch doesn’t have to put up anywhere near Drummond’s numbers to be as valuable, or more valuable. There is zero doubt Mitch’ defensive ability and range is already past whatever Drummond can do. After the terrible start, his numbers are passing what he did last year. He is also staying on the court. And his offensive game is developing.

I’m passing easily on Drummond. Rather us go get players that actually make sense.

he's better than Kanter, but my point was he's another old school guy that people will tire of quickly.

very good passer is drastically overstating it, 2.6 apg in 34mpg on high usage to go with 3.5 TO's per game. more TO's than assists is never a good thing.
    I know. Your point was neither guy is “modern” so they are they same player. They aren’t. You are right that having Mitch makes going after Drum a horrible idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Guy's have selective memories, that is for sure?

Oh the Net's the Mighty, mighty Net's what they did to that roster was a thing of genius......how many big's do they have that can't shoot a lick?

Did they not sign Jordan to help develop Allen? Did or did not last year Mitch play his best ball after Jordan arrived?

Is Mitch ready? No he is not, same posters say Mitch is two years away. Now if Knicks keep Mitch then only way to keep Dre is for a short term deal, and even three years is too much, so a two year deal with team option for third year works and Mitch can go out it every day in practice against Dre.

I guess Houston didn't get the memo with Capela?

I guess OKC who is overachieving has this modern day center who is shooting three's?

I guess LA Lakers with their tandem of Centers didn't get the memo either?

How is Utah doing with Gobert?

How are the Clips doing with Harrell shooting 0% from three taking .3 per game?

Listen at the end of the day, no trade, hey that's great, but for some here to say i'll take the trade to unload Randle and DSJ but not include Frank?

Yea i'll question that today.

The question is and for this is a deal breaker retaining Mitch and signing Dre for 5 years is a nooooo. I don't even want 4 years.

And to those commenting about Mitch's salary, well if Knicks don't extend it forget retaining him after it runs out, he will be really upset playing for that money and Knicks not extending him, that would be foolish.

So yea Next year he makes 2m but he will be extended, he didn't fire his agent because he's happy with the contract he presently has.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Still..

You’re assuming a lot. Just because there’s “interest”, that doesnt mean much. If it’s a salary dump, fine. I doubt anyone is giving up much for him. I wouldn’t be so sure he’s opting out. Also wouldn’t be so sure there’s many teams out there throwing big money at him.

Mitch doesn’t have to put up anywhere near Drummond’s numbers to be as valuable, or more valuable. There is zero doubt Mitch’ defensive ability and range is already past whatever Drummond can do. After the terrible start, his numbers are passing what he did last year. He is also staying on the court. And his offensive game is developing.

I’m passing easily on Drummond. Rather us go get players that actually make sense.

I think I've watched 4 Detroit games and one against Indy, and he was a beast, he played defense and stole the ball from Brog's on the perimeter, and had like 5 blocks and he can dribble to the rim unlike Mitch who hasn't put that in his game yet.

And read my post, how many NBA elite teams have Centers that don't shoot perimeter? And some have two and Mitch still needs development, he's far from a finished product and I disagree he's fouling and beginning to foul again, you see some games at 4 or 5 fouls because of his minutes, not because he's staying on the court and not fouling.

I'm a big fan of Mitch, but he needs two more years and Dre was doing this before Mitch will reach his development and is still all of 26.

Listen I get not wanting him also, and again I'm really OK with not doing this trade but I can see some merit to doing it also.......wouldn't be upset in the least.

And to Nycer, if you think I post Frank has no value and the only one then get glasses, the posts in here lately about Frank OMG>>>>>>> I at least say he has value and can become a role player.......If he becomes more well that is just great for us if he's a Knick......

But reality folks, anyone really think the Knicks FO, coaching staff thinks that highly in him that he wouldn't be included in a trade like this if Knicks are truly interested? I don't!

STILL A, you're trying to make this about people overrating Frank, when it's really about no one wanting Dre.

Page 8 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast