Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1987

Thread: Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He wanted his money. There was zero indication we had interest. What was he waiting for. Maybe had he known there was a deal waiting for him, he say Iíll wait, instead of signing, and immediately being put on the trade block. Think he didnít know that?

You say we had no shot. I say maybe we did if we tried. Are either of us wrong? But you like to use the ďwe had no shotĒ excuse a lot. If we donít try to go for the right guys, we definitely have no shot. If we gave it an effort, and no good, then ok, move on

Why even bother watching then, if we never have a shot at anyone? Why sit here and post if no matter what, it doesnít matter?
    I read no less a 100 articles saying he was on the list this summer, some from Ian Begley.

Are you able to put together a list of everyone we indicated we had interest in? Every call that was made, every internal and external conversation that was had. Do you think a beat writer has a permanent desk in Perry's office? We hear what we hear. Often incomplete and inaccurate. Unless you work for the Knicks or have them saying they didn't consider/pursue Russell, it's conjecture

RJ isn't really ball dominant. It just seems that way because we don't have a PG. Draft Cole or Edwards as a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    RJ isn't really ball dominant. It just seems that way because we don't have a PG. Draft Cole or Edwards as a shooter.
    It's the role he had in college, he maybe doesn't need to be. But he hasn't really shown he can be effective when he's not. A consistent jumper is needed for that to work

Forget the Clippers then. Tell them we will send Morris to the Lakers.

Knicks needs to finish the deal before Detroit jumps in with Markeif and Clips or Lakers trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    It's the role he had in college, he maybe doesn't need to be. But he hasn't really shown he can be effective when he's not. A consistent jumper is needed for that to work
    His shooting will definitely improve.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Stilla, you assume no one would come so there's no arguing with you. Dlo said he loved NY right before FAgency. All people are saying is we should have made a hard push, instead we have the very reliable Begley saying we were not interested and Mills himself saying they weren't meeting with all the max guys.

Anyway, moving on... if we had Dlo, who would we even draft? RJ & Dlo are both ball dominant, wouldn't really make sense to add a 3rd ball dominant player.
    Wiseman or Edwards who fits between DLo and RJ beautifully

i like danny green i wouldnt mind renting him for one year. he's a really good perimeter defender he could teach our young guys a thing or two

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Wiseman or Edwards who fits between DLo and RJ beautifully
    Wiseman makes no sense with Mitch

and Edwards is a horrible fit, he's a SG that cant shoot and needs the ball like RJ & Dlo

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I read no less a 100 articles saying he was on the list this summer, some from Ian Begley.

Are you able to put together a list of everyone we indicated we had interest in? Every call that was made, every internal and external conversation that was had. Do you think a beat writer has a permanent desk in Perry's office? We hear what we hear. Often incomplete and inaccurate. Unless you work for the Knicks or have them saying they didn't consider/pursue Russell, it's conjecture
    Well hypothetically speaking, players/agents donít speak to teams until they are supposed to, right?

There was little evidence from what I recall that had us more than mildly interested in DLo. In fact I remember several rumors that said we didnít think he was a max. A lot of times, where thereís smoke, thereís fire

If you donít agree, nothing to say that changes that. There was tons of smoke we liked Randle though. How did that work out? Supposedly until the last minute overpay, we were signing Rozier, was also tons of press on him prior to FA

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Wiseman makes no sense with Mitch

and Edwards is a horrible fit, he's a SG that cant shoot and needs the ball like RJ & Dlo
    No Wiseman would be Mitchell's replacement if we had to include him to get DLo... If we can get DLo without giving up Mitch to answer your question about who to draft would be Edwards

I like Kuzma. The Lakers don't have any first rounders till 2050...Pretty much take what's there.

Seems like Kelly Oubre might be available too.....

Maybe.

Suns get Kuz, Portis
    Knicks get Oubre
    Lakers get Moris.

??

Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast