Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If we dump Randle our cap situation would be fine and we have plenty of youth and picks to go around. You can't just continue to have a roster full of medicore young guys. At some point you identify the core young guys and the rest become expendable. I think RJ and Mitch have kind of rose from the pack and hopefully our pick this year is good. The rest of the guys are expendable at this point. We need guys who are NBA level players.

I don't think they have the sack to dump Randle. He was their big signing. Dumping him would be a flat out admittance they were wrong and while I believe plenty of FOs in the league have the ability to admit defeat, our FO cannot. Which is ironic because they will refuse to admit defeat as defeat happens and repeats agin and again.

RJ and Mitchel are certainly keepers. Frank has improved and I think can be a valuable piece. Knox is tough. His D is horrid and as mentioned above, he's a tweener. The kid can score and he's still really young, so I would keep him around for another year. I am a big believer in a 3 year experiment. I think he should have that time to grow.

For me, I would keep RJ, Mitch, Frank, Knox and one of Taj, Morris, Portis. Anyone else I could move, I would

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    that would be a step forward but not sure I see us doing that. all the signs point to the FO is in denial about this roster.

they sat up there on media day and said this was one of the rosters they showed Dolan as a target for this summer.

They reportedly went into training camp and told everyone they EXPECT the playoffs.

they threw Fiz under the bus and said this roster should be winning and ultimately made him the scapegoat.

Miller comes in and continues to have the same starting 5 and rotation, you gotta think that comes from above, anyone can see Randle & Morris don't fit together.

and now they are looking to re-sign Morris.

they clearly "believe" in what they did.
    Actually Morris and Randle haven't looked so bad together lately. They have been very competitive and even beating good teams when the team gets scoring from anyone else like Dotson or Payton. DLo brings 20ppg every game along with better passing than anyone we have now.

I see Mills / Perry giving up the Dallas pick or both quick just so they can say that the KP trade wasn't a complete loss. DLo right now is better than KP right now and would make more of an impact on this Knicks roster.

Knicks are getting very little from Portis, Knox and Frank or Payton whichever is in the trade so even if the Knicks had to give up both Dallas picks too, you do that and save face... Stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't think they have the sack to dump Randle. He was their big signing. Dumping him would be a flat out admittance they were wrong and while I believe plenty of FOs in the league have the ability to admit defeat, our FO cannot. Which is ironic because they will refuse to admit defeat as defeat happens and repeats agin and again.

RJ and Mitchel are certainly keepers. Frank has improved and I think can be a valuable piece. Knox is tough. His D is horrid and as mentioned above, he's a tweener. The kid can score and he's still really young, so I would keep him around for another year. I am a big believer in a 3 year experiment. I think he should have that time to grow.

For me, I would keep RJ, Mitch, Frank, Knox and one of Taj, Morris, Portis. Anyone else I could move, I would
    I'm really holding out hope that if the Knicks sign Morris long term they use that as a way to spin the dumping of Randle. They spin Morris as a pleasant suprise win that made Randle expendable.

FWIW:

Adrian Wojnarowski
    Sources: Knicks have remained enthusiastic about idea of signing Marcus Morris to a new deal this summer, but as trade offers become richer in assets this week, they’ll stay open to idea of moving him. Many contenders have interest in him.

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    Knicks registering interest in Warriors star D’Angelo Russell -- More on
    @TheAthleticNBA

I think the article said something around Portis and Frank for Russell (I'm sure picks would also be involved).

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Ok... How about this site?

They are also talking about DLo to Knicks on NBA Radio right now!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...st-from-knicks
    And?

It says we have interest. No **** we have interest. We have interest in every good player in the NBA. Where in that link does it even speculate GS is considering a bunch of our bums and a late first. Did you not read they want MINs unprotected first this offseason, which is going to be as good as ours?

Proves my point further

If by some miracle we get DLo for bums and one of DAL picks, send GS FO a big thank you card. But they aren’t completely incompetent like our FO, so I wouldn’t hold your breath
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-03-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    FWIW:

Adrian Wojnarowski
    Sources: Knicks have remained enthusiastic about idea of signing Marcus Morris to a new deal this summer, but as trade offers become richer in assets this week, they’ll stay open to idea of moving him. Many contenders have interest in him.

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    Knicks registering interest in Warriors star D’Angelo Russell -- More on
    @TheAthleticNBA

I think the article said something around Portis and Frank for Russell (I'm sure picks would also be involved).

Seems too good to be true on the DLO front so I'm sure it's not. But it is Shams, and he's reporting they're looking for 'significant draft pick compensation', which we have. Would easily give up frank, expirings, and multiple firsts for DLO, but I think they'd want our unprotected pick this year to really move the needle. I don't think I'd want to go there.

If we can get a first for Morris, I'd have no issues packaging that pick with one of the Dallas picks alongside Frank + Portis. I don't know how much further I'd go though.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    If we can get a first for Morris, I'd have no issues packaging that pick with one of the Dallas picks alongside Frank + Portis. I don't know how much further I'd go though.
    Doubt 2 weak firsts is enough. Likely takes one of ours

Only reason they likely have interest to move him, is the luxury tax. But I dont think that scares ownership nearly enough to take a weak return. I’m not even buying the idea he doesn’t fit when everyone gets healthy. He can play off ball when Curry and him are on the court. And then can allow them to rest Curry and Klay more, he can keep the offense going
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-03-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Morris is 30, if there is a really good deal on the table as woj may say they need to make it happen

Rich in assets is what interest me

Solid Young player or players and a 1st

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Doubt 2 weak firsts is enough. Likely takes one of ours
    Not saying it's apples to apples because we didn't get full value, but that's essentially what we got for KP. Picks are still somewhat overvalued around the league. With a team like the Warriors who frankly don't need DLo or his contract and are likely to have a high lottery pick in this year's draft, mid to late first rounders with lower salaries to fill in as rotational pieces are still attractive chips.

Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer
    · 1h
    For the "D'Angelo was restricted so the Knicks could not have signed him" crowd.

Because he was a restricted FA, Russell had to agree to any sign-and-trade. Would he have agreed to GSW deal if NY was willing to offer the same contract? He was def interested in staying in NY...

If they go and trade for Russell when I think they could of had. A very good shot to sign him

And?

It says we have interest. No **** we have interest. We have interest in every good player in the NBA. Where in that link does it even speculate GS is considering a bunch of our bums and a late first. Did you not read they want MINs unprotected first this offseason, which is going to be as good as ours?

Proves my point further

If by some miracle we get DLo for bums and one of DAL picks, send GS FO a big thank you card. But they aren’t completely incompetent like our FO, so I wouldn’t hold your breath
    Dude I'm not arguing with you, we are all Knicks fans. Shams just posted the same info. He is more reliable than any of the articles I posted earlier and I'm telling you they have been talking about it on NBA Radio for 40 minutes.

The actual trade is Frank, Knox, Portis and both Dallas picks for DLo... This would literally save Mills/Perry job and the KP trade critics would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer
    · 1h
    For the "D'Angelo was restricted so the Knicks could not have signed him" crowd.

Because he was a restricted FA, Russell had to agree to any sign-and-trade. Would he have agreed to GSW deal if NY was willing to offer the same contract? He was def interested in staying in NY...

If they go and trade for Russell when I think they could of had. A very good shot to sign him
    This is what makes this so stupid. We could have just done that, or even just signed him to a max sheet. If he wanted to stay here, he would have signed, and forced their hand. The fact we likely showed zero interest made him move quickly to get his deal

Now we are giving up stuff to get him..

This is what makes this so stupid. We could have just done that, or even just signed him to a max sheet. If he wanted to stay here, he would have signed, and forced their hand. The fact we likely showed zero interest made him move quickly to get his deal

Now we are giving up stuff to get him..
    It's spilled milk at this point and doesn't mean we should double down on our mistakes. Knicks should have signed a PG this offseason - Brogs, DLO, whoever. They didn't. We need a PG - and need to trade for one. That's the reality. DLO would be a prize. Get it done plz.

Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast