Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    that isn't even the issue, you want him then sign him in FA which you have to do with or without him finishing the season.

This nonsense about not getting a pick for him is just that nonsense.

If the Knicks do no trade Morris and then sign him for a 4 year deal, this FO once again out does itself.

Cashman is sitting home laughing his butt off at this franchise, and it's ineptitude.

This is childs play 101......my goodness I heard a 14 year old say it just the other day.......seriously.
    That's the problem Stilla, I could see the FO doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    You don't sign someone like Dre to split minutes with Mitch. Dre is a guy that is used to playing 33mpg. You sign someone like Taj who can give you 16-20mpg and will actually mentor a guy like Mitch. Dre on a 1 year deal (not that he would take a 1 year deal anyway) but Dre on a 1 year deal would be all about getting his and a new contract. You're trying so hard to justify Dre's fit when he clearly he doesn's fit and we have much more glaring needs.

1 year contracts are a deal with the devil, i said it before the year, these guys are just out there playing for themselves.
    actually no, who is easier to move next year at the deadline, Randle expiring with a 4m on the cap deal the following season or Drey expiring?

No I'm not as down on Drey as you are, he contributes and Taj is doing nothing to help Mitch they are totally different players......Jordan did more with Mitch in less than a half season then Taj can do in multiple years.

Right now Taj can't split minutes either we have a three headed monster at C with Portis getting minutes.

You would unload Portis, Taj and Randle for one Dre............yea I'm more than okay with that.....you can hate and discuss Randle all season long, then say we should keep him yet another year? If this is the case please don't post anymore about the negatives of Randle, if we can unload him and don't and your okay with that, then live with it.

Somehow this time next year with Randle and Morris doing similar things I think you will regret it.

actually no, who is easier to move next year at the deadline, Randle expiring with a 4m on the cap deal the following season or Drey expiring?

No I'm not as down on Drey as you are, he contributes and Taj is doing nothing to help Mitch they are totally different players......Jordan did more with Mitch in less than a half season then Taj can do in multiple years.

Right now Taj can't split minutes either we have a three headed monster at C with Portis getting minutes.

You would unload Portis, Taj and Randle for one Dre............yea I'm more than okay with that.....you can hate and discuss Randle all season long, then say we should keep him yet another year? If this is the case please don't post anymore about the negatives of Randle, if we can unload him and don't and your okay with that, then live with it.

Somehow this time next year with Randle and Morris doing similar things I think you will regret it.
    who knows, DET can't move Dre now... I don't think either are easy to move unless you are taking back a longer, worse deal.

Taj is a great guy to have, we should bring him back, he's one of the few guys that knows how to play. Obviously Dre is a better individual player but for us, I'll take Taj for the next 2-3 years at $6-8m over Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    That's the problem Stilla, I could see the FO doing just that.
    Isn't that just damn scary to even think that can happen?

Any, and I mean any competent FO would take Morris to dinner, sit him down tell him how much he is respected and needed moving forward but the team has glaring holes and needs and it would be beneficial to him to continue playing in the playoffs and then sign back with us in FA.

that is a logical stand point from the players point and teams point. I would be shocked for any NBA player to not take the chance of getting a ring and still have the ability to play wherever he chooses?

That first round pick alone don't seem like much but when you are accumulating assets and your players on rookie scale contracts are crapping the bed, that pick becomes more and more valuable. (I'm not talking about RJ)

I mean and be honest does anyone think if we traded Knox, Frank and DSJ combined to one team it would net us a lottery pick in return? If you have to think about, that is how sad it is.

Isn't that just damn scary to even think that can happen?

Any, and I mean any competent FO would take Morris to dinner, sit him down tell him how much he is respected and needed moving forward but the team has glaring holes and needs and it would be beneficial to him to continue playing in the playoffs and then sign back with us in FA.

that is a logical stand point from the players point and teams point. I would be shocked for any NBA player to not take the chance of getting a ring and still have the ability to play wherever he chooses?

That first round pick alone don't seem like much but when you are accumulating assets and your players on rookie scale contracts are crapping the bed, that pick becomes more and more valuable. (I'm not talking about RJ)

I mean and be honest does anyone think if we traded Knox, Frank and DSJ combined to one team it would net us a lottery pick in return? If you have to think about, that is how sad it is.
    I agree with you. That is why I am so much in favor of getting as many picks as possible. Looking at our roster, we need as much help as we can get. And yes, I would even take a late first over many of the players currently on this roster. That is indeed sad.

who knows, DET can't move Dre now... I don't think either are easy to move unless you are taking back a longer, worse deal.

Taj is a great guy to have, we should bring him back, he's one of the few guys that knows how to play. Obviously Dre is a better individual player but for us, I'll take Taj for the next 2-3 years at $6-8m over Dre.
    Taj is not moving he dial, either is any other Knick and RJ at 19 in his rookie season we all should be more than ok with.

We overate our own players, Taj don't move the dial, I don't want him back, there are so many other bigs that land for vet min that are better than Taj who really is not a center and he gets destroyed underneath.

We overate Frank, Knox, Mitch, we are an 11 win team coming off finishing last just one year ago. Only Morris is anything to even consider bringing back with Bullock next year of the FA's but we are stuck with Randle's contract.

We even overate guys like trier and Dotson.

I was against trading the ship for a guy like Towns, tell you what, not any longer......

I may even take Wiggins back in a complete dismantle of this roster and role with a Towns, Morris, Wiggins, RJ and hopefully talented PG in the draft. If not sign a VanVleet

Taj is not moving he dial, either is any other Knick and RJ at 19 in his rookie season we all should be more than ok with.

We overate our own players, Taj don't move the dial, I don't want him back, there are so many other bigs that land for vet min that are better than Taj who really is not a center and he gets destroyed underneath.

We overate Frank, Knox, Mitch, we are an 11 win team coming off finishing last just one year ago. Only Morris is anything to even consider bringing back with Bullock next year of the FA's but we are stuck with Randle's contract.

We even overate guys like trier and Dotson.

I was against trading the ship for a guy like Towns, tell you what, not any longer......

I may even take Wiggins back in a complete dismantle of this roster and role with a Towns, Morris, Wiggins, RJ and hopefully talented PG in the draft. If not sign a VanVleet
    Taj was another bad signing by Mills. Old and over the hill. He will mostly likely be used as salary filler in a trade. Or they just let him expire.

Taj doesn't need to move the dial, he's a bench guy, every guy on the bench isn't going to be a game changer. but you can't have a team of young guys with no vets, and Taj is the perfect selfless veteran mentor who plays the right way and can still give you 15-20pg.

Taj doesn't need to move the dial, he's a bench guy, every guy on the bench isn't going to be a game changer. but you can't have a team of young guys with no vets, and Taj is the perfect selfless veteran mentor who plays the right way and can still give you 15-20pg.
    Agreed, Taj is the last guy Im worried about. I don't need him to be a difference maker, just be solid. He's way over paid this yr but maybe that helps us get him on the cheap next yr.

why have we not heard of one contender asking for this solid vet in Taj? You would think a contender would love to have a solid vet like taj for a expiring garbage and 2nd round pick right?

Have not heard a peep.

Less than 3 weeks away till the deadline, so we shall see, I never thought Taj had any value, he's not going to help any contender.

I can see teams interested in Portis, not giving much up for him and seeing if he works rest of the year and maybe next, again he's a good risk at his age on the cheap.

I think Payton is playing himself to vet min next year and not sure where to be honest.

Knicks locking up Frank and DSJ I'm not sure how smart that really was to be honest. I think we could have signed Frank for under 4mil for two years with team option in year two, I don't think he gets that any where else.
    Having him for 6.2 and expiring isn't terrible but he's overpaid for sure.

Any value Trier had is totally gone.
    Dotson is just not good, and no he's not a good role player off the bench.

Mitch is not ready for prime time, we will be lucky to get any where close to 28 min per game with him. By next year he don't do anything but dunk look for more teams to shut him down like they have over the last 8 games, this I could not believe teams weren't doing sooner.
    Shame on the Knicks, let the guy shoot wide open shots from FT line in, I mean it won't be much worse than what other guys are doing, sadly........but how can he develop without even trying?

There's a glut of big men in the league, and Taj's contract is hard to match.

Dotson could def be a solid role player for a good team. He's better then ELlington that's for sure... but this team doesn't create open looks for anyone.

Mitch doesn't have to be ready for "prime time", he's 21 and we are nowhere near ready as a team for "prime time". patience.

and picking up Frank's option was about the only thing the Knicks did RIGHT this year, he would have left if we declined that option to a team that actually showed faith in him. he has no other reason to stick around on a team that doesn't play like a team.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 01-17-2020 at 12:02 PM.

There's a glut of big men in the league, and Taj's contract is hard to match.

Dotson could def be a solid role player for a good team. He's better then ELlington that's for sure... but this team doesn't create open looks for anyone.

Mitch densest have to be ready for "prime time", he's 21 and we are nowhere near ready as a team for "prime time". patience.
    Facts: Knicks are second to last in assists per game. Morris and Randle go one on one every time they touch it.

Dotson's defense has been pure garbage he looks like a kid in a man's game out there, and I used to think differently.

His offense the little he has doesn't come close to making up for it.

Why bring up Ellington who is glued to the bench? I think Trier in fairness should get Dot's minutes and see what happens.

But then again Bullock was out so Dot wouldn't have played as much.

Dotson on the depth charts I'd have behind Frank, Bullock, RJ, and Allen also. Allen can play with Frank better than Dot could.

well if it makes sense to go after Drey in FA, then it makes more sense to trade him for only Randle and DSJ.

If anyone can see any fit with Mitch, Drey, Randle and Morris ........please enlighten me?

I feel Drey has some production and would be a good rotation player and person Mitch can learn from, but next to Randle?

I would not even give the FO credit if that is the case and hope it's just Bermans opinion. Because if he is the FA we sign in 2020 and Keep Morris with Randle.........wow.

That again is not even going to sniff the playoffs.......
    Umm... I don't know getting 20-20 from our center changes things, then you can rest him and let Mitch go crazy with his block attempts off the bench whether he gets in foul trouble or not... Wooten the same. Don't like Morris at SF over Knox who needs the minutes but it seems Knicks nation loves him and he can shoot. The key is to make a big splash at point guard in the draft and I would also go after a good scoring PG like Schroeder just in case the drafted PG is a bum.

Drafted PG .... Schroeder
    RJ .................. Frank
    Knox............... Bullock
    Morris............. Wooten
    Drummond..... Mitch

Pistons want Julius and a young guard so we give them DSJ and Taj to make the money work. They might want one of the Dallas picks also... So be it.

Resign Drummond to a 4 year 120 million deal

Sign Schroeder to a 3 year 50 million deal

Knicks still have 22 million left to sign Morris or another stretch 4 like Bertans

That's how you use cap space instead of signing meaningless players like Ellington and Taj

That lineup doesn't hurt the Knicks growth in any way. Gives us a young all-star and takes all the pressure off of Mitch to be great right away.

Tell me how that team isn't better moving forward.