Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

I wonder if the Blazers would bite on something like Morris/DSJ for Bazemore and their pick. If Nico or Hampton fell to the Blazers spot we could add them to hopefully one of LaMelo/Edwards/Cole/Haliburton & move RJ to the 3.

I’d look into that Blazers pick personally and I could see them potentially biting on a deal like that. Maybe throw in a Dal pick if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I wonder if the Blazers would bite on something like Morris/DSJ for Bazemore and their pick. If Nico or Hampton fell to the Blazers spot we could add them to hopefully one of LaMelo/Edwards/Cole/Haliburton & move RJ to the 3.

I’d look into that Blazers pick personally and I could see them potentially biting on a deal like that. Maybe throw in a Dal pick if needed.
    Blazers just traded Bazemore to the kings on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Blazers just traded Bazemore to the kings on Saturday
    Oh **** haha. That was the Ariza deal, forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    don't matter if he wanted out he'd never say those things loyal or not, a top player wants out he has to come out and let it be known, he's not doing that and Minny will continue to try and build around him.

they are actively going after Dlo, wonder if Wiggins may peak a team like GS interest, maybe include Napier to back up Curry.

probably more like Covington, and Napier and GS has a huge TE from Iggy.
    In a 3 team deal we could take Wiggins and give GS expiring and assets

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    In a 3 team deal we could take Wiggins and give GS expiring and assets
    Only way I want anything to do with Wiggins, is if we are getting assets, not giving them. That contract is undesirable to say the least...

Once again , I will said it again DO NOTHING and get a true basketball guy in here for next year and let him shape the team to his liking. Having Mills and Perry make trades now is ridiculous and shows how disfunctional we are.

That only makes sense if we are getting competent management. If these bums are sticking next year you have to let them do what they want. If they don't screw up bad enough Folan won't fire his friend. Or at least reassign him to another role he is not qualified for.

If the rumours are true (and goodness I hope so)...The Lakers are interested in Morris the cat. Time is running out to fleece the Lakers of Kyle Kuzma.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Only way I want anything to do with Wiggins, is if we are getting assets, not giving them. That contract is undesirable to say the least...
    In the beginning of the season he was playing at a really high level, did he fall off from that already?

Ive pretty much stopped watching nba this year, i dont really know whats going on tbh.

But yeah i still wouldnt trust him enough to trade for him, another dsj typs.

Why do the Lakers want another big body? This Morris to Lakers stuff doesn't make a lot of sense to me if Im the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    In the beginning of the season he was playing at a really high level, did he fall off from that already?

Ive pretty much stopped watching nba this year, i dont really know whats going on tbh.

But yeah i still wouldnt trust him enough to trade for him, another dsj typs.
    He’s ok. I just don’t see him as a guy worth that kind of cash. One of those guys I’d say is like 3rd option quality on a good team

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Once again , I will said it again DO NOTHING and get a true basketball guy in here for next year and let him shape the team to his liking. Having Mills and Perry make trades now is ridiculous and shows how disfunctional we are.
    Disagree - I don’t trust them to make good moves either necessarily but I think we have to try to add another top 15-20 pick in this draft, and maybe Morris can net that.

Also I think we should deal Payton for a 2nd or something and call up Lamar Peters to run some point. Kid can shoot it.

Knicks FO Hiding Act- Post

LaMelo Ball has shut it down for good in Australia with a foot injury, but still should be a top-three pick in June’s draft.

According to a source, the Knicks never got a chance to see the 6-foot-7 forward play live Down Under. Brass had plotted the trip for this month.

In Ball’s last two games in the Australian National Basketball League in late November, he struck for consecutive triple-doubles. Par for the course.

Maybe it won’t matter. There’s no guarantee president Steve Mills or general manager Scott Perry will make the Knicks’ lottery selection in June. To their credit, Mills and Perry have assembled six first-round picks in the next four drafts.

The more the duo hide from the media, the shakier the ground on which they are perched appears. Perhaps Mills and Perry are at a loss on how to shape the narrative of a spiraling season just past the midpoint.

When the Giants fired coach Pat Shurmur, team brass spoke to the media. When the Mets fired manager Carlos Beltran, team brass spoke to the media.

Mills and Perry have remained mum since firing David Fizdale on Dec. 6 after he opened the season with a 4-18 record. The pair did, however, make him run a final practice and speak for 10 minutes to the media about an upcoming game versus Indiana, which he was not going to coach.

Interim coach Mike Miller is now at the 21-game mark after Saturday’s brickfest — a tightly contested 90-87 Garden loss to the 76ers. But Mills and Perry haven’t uttered a word publicly about him. Their former G-League coach and small-college lifer had made for a nice little story following a decent 6-6 start.

The Joel Embiid-less Sixers, with a flock of boisterous Philadelphia fans in the house braving the snow, dropped Miller to 7-14.

Playing the second night of a back-to-back, the Sixers entered with just a 7-14 road record, played tired but eked it out when Long Island’s Tobias Harris drilled a catch-and-shoot 3-point dagger with 28 seconds left to erase a one-point deficit.

Though more competitive, James Dolan’s motley group have lost seven of the past eight. Miller has one victory over a club with a .500 or better record (Miami).

According to sources, Knicks brass was enthused by “the structure’’ Miller brought to the defense, but that feel-good vibe may soon erode.

On the 0-4 Western trip, the Knicks allowed 124 points per outing. On Thursday, Suns youngsters Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton, along with veteran Ricky Rubio, did whatever they pleased in a 121-98 Garden cakewalk. It was a reminder Mills’ new roster is nothing better than expansion-like — as the Knicks’ 11-32 record suggests.

The Knicks’ back-to-back blowout losses this week to the Bucks and Suns were almost as wretched as the consecutive contests that preceded Fizdale’s firing.

Miller was a breath of fresh air at the outset with his detail-oriented approach to X’s and O’s (not Fizdale’s strong suit). Miller’s mastery comes specifically on defense, along with a relentless view to practicing on almost every off-day. But at this point, they could use a rah-rah speech from Fizdale.

Marcus Morris, who had talked up how he wants to be here long-term, sounded fed up after the blowout loss to the Suns.

“F–k that,” Morris said when asked if the Knicks are still getting to know each other. “The time is now. At some point, we as a team, we have to pull together. It’s nothing to do with the new faces.’’

There may be some new faces soon. The Knicks are still hopeful of making deals — both small and large — before the Feb. 6 deadline. With a weak 2020 free-agent class, the Knicks, The Post has reported, are on the prowl for a star to become disgruntled and be made available.

Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal made comments in Washington this week complaining about its culture. The Knicks’ bigger hope is Karl-Anthony Towns, who plays in the basketball wasteland of Minnesota and grew up in Piscataway, N.J. with a Knicks poster on his wall.

The season’s first half, capped by RJ Barrett going down indefinitely with a sprained ankle Thursday, couldn’t have gone much worse. Just two days before, Barrett had talked about a history of never getting injured. The jinx of the Knicks caught up to him.

The impressive 2018-19 rookie trio has not provided a ton of hope. Kevin Knox has regressed, can’t crack the starting lineup no matter the injury. Allonzo Trier’s sophomore jinx is of epic proportions, out of the rotation until they needed him Saturday with Barrett and Wayne Ellington out. Mitchell Robinson shows flashes, but coaches have recently adjusted to his alley-oops and don’t guard him on the perimeter.

Frank Ntilikina is who he is, a backup who has more unmemorable nights than noteworthy ones such as Saturday’s three-turnover, minus-14 first half. Dennis Smith Jr.? An unmitigated disaster of a season is unfolding between injuries and poor play. Smith has been out since before Christmas with a bizarre oblique injury, the kind that cost Yankees star Aaron Judge two months.

No wonder Mills and Perry are speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Why do the Lakers want another big body? This Morris to Lakers stuff doesn't make a lot of sense to me if Im the Lakers.
    Makes perfect sense... They need a seasoned 4 to play next to AD when he plays the 5 in their small ball lineup. Kuzma is still too inconsistent for LeBron's liking and the Lakers don't have time for any growth... They are in extreme win now mode. Plus Morris brings real toughness to the Lakers not fake tuff like Jared Dudley...lol

Morris is actually perfect for the Lakers and he adds enough depth to get them passed the Clippers.

Kuzma and Randle actually had a good 37 win team together before they broke the team up to get LeBron.

I keep telling Knicks fans that until Mitch is ready, Randle should start at center so if we get Kuzma and small ball very fast team of ...

Frank DSJ
    RJ. Dot
    Knox. Bullock
    Kuzma. Wooten
    Randle. Mitch

Hopefully Payton, Taj, Portis, Ellington all get traded for 2nd round picks

Let the youngins play

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Disagree - I don’t trust them to make good moves either necessarily but I think we have to try to add another top 15-20 pick in this draft, and maybe Morris can net that.

Also I think we should deal Payton for a 2nd or something and call up Lamar Peters to run some point. Kid can shoot it.
    I respect your opinion as I hope you do mine, but I would want a new head of basketball operations to shape the team the way he wants it. Maybe he feels that Morris would be an integral part of the team going forward and would be more valuable than a very late first round pick. Maybe he likes Payton more than a second round pick I would trust his judgment way before I would trust yours or mine or anyone else's on this forum.