Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 133 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Knicks reportedly prefer not to trade Marcus Morris without getting 'star-type player' back

https://t.co/C75H27k7tj https://t.co/iWfSbrI0Cw

Not smart at all. So if a team offers a decent first round pick Knicks say no? Ridiculous. Mills and Perry need to go ASAP.
    This teams front office is as delusional as many of the fans that post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    That statement doesn't make sense to me. There is no rumor of this trade but if Boston didn't want Hayward to have the option of getting paid 34mill next yr cause they want to go after a big, they might be open to trading him for the much needed bigs now, to compete this yr. Morris and Portis for Hayward works financially so why would Knicks need to move Ranlde. This is all hypothetical but just sayin...

Second, I never had issues with a Randle trade so Im not sure why you're directing that comment to me. I could care less if Knicks traded Randle cause the guy doesn't play the right way. It's early and I think he can learn but his growth is slow and annoying to watch
    1. by rumors I meant you starting them lol

2. you wanted no part of a Randle for Drey trade, that was the reference, come on keep up lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    huh? you just quoted yourself that you wouldnt be against the reported Randle & Frank for Dre trade.
    I said I wouldn't lose sleep over it, quite a difference. If the Knicks feel Randle's contract is in the way and we don't extend Drey, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it,

then we can go get a Hayward or something like that.....yea I'd take Hayward over Randle and Frank.........how about you? and they may close in monies also.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I said I wouldn't lose sleep over it, quite a difference. If the Knicks feel Randle's contract is in the way and we don't extend Drey, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it,

then we can go get a Hayward or something like that.....yea I'd take Hayward over Randle and Frank.........how about you? and they may close in monies also.
    you said you wouldn't be upset over that trade, and then proceeded to say how good Dre is and how people are overrating Frank. if that's not for a trade IDK what is. if you're against it then say you're against it, why play both cards?

1. by rumors I meant you starting them lol

2. you wanted no part of a Randle for Drey trade, that was the reference, come on keep up lol
    You gotta keep track of who you're arguing with. I wanted Dre IF and only if Randle was on his way out.

you said you wouldn't be upset over that trade, and then proceeded to say how good Dre is and how people are overrating Frank. if that's not for a trade IDK what is. if you're against it then say you're against it, why play both cards?
    quote me on the how good Dre is, I was arguing that he was bad on defense, your not quoting me just going by your thoughts.

Bottom line and I'll repeat for at least the 5th time, If Knicks have more deals happening and need to move Randle, and that takes Frank and we get Dre and don't extend him, count me.

You? Franks involved, you do this deal to make the team better and my post said a player like Hayward.

Now quote this post and give me your thoughts lol........

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You gotta keep track of who you're arguing with. I wanted Dre IF and only if Randle was on his way out.
    would you include one of DSJ Or Frank with Randle seems they want a pick and I'd rather give one of these two to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Knicks reportedly prefer not to trade Marcus Morris without getting 'star-type player' back

https://t.co/C75H27k7tj https://t.co/iWfSbrI0Cw

Not smart at all. So if a team offers a decent first round pick Knicks say no? Ridiculous. Mills and Perry need to go ASAP.
    So the Knicks want to trade a good player for a better player? Solid plan. Don't know why more teams don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    How many centers that are subpar defenders and can only dunk you need? How many championships are won with this kind of skillset as a player? Love is far from being a player I would trade for, but he brings better skills to a winning team than Drummond. Period.
    So why don't the Cavs have a better record than the Pistons? Cavs have a lot better talent around Love. Drummond is a better player man, the stats and wins back it up. Nothing backs up Drummond being a bad defender either. Defensive rebounding is a defensive stat because it takes a possession away from your opponent. Drummond leads the NBA in that stat and is a pretty good shot blocker as well. Last time the Knicks played the Pistons Drummond sh it all over our big men to the tune of 27pts 12rebs 7assists 4 blocks... He is the reason they won!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    So why don't the Cavs have a better record than the Pistons? Cavs have a lot better talent around Love. Drummond is a better player man, the stats and wins back it up. Nothing backs up Drummond being a bad defender either. Defensive rebounding is a defensive stat because it takes a possession away from your opponent. Drummond leads the NBA in that stat and is a pretty good shot blocker as well. Last time the Knicks played the Pistons Drummond sh it all over our big men to the tune of 27pts 12rebs 7assists 4 blocks... He is the reason they won!
    Itís not that Drummond is a bad player

Itís that players that play like Drummond arenít worth what you think they are worth

Drummond isnít shutting down the paint on defense. He isnít moving outside of the paint to guard a shooter. He isnít elite helping when thereís a breakdown. Offensively, he has no range. Not a great passer. Those are all things that are valued from bigs these days. Thatís not to say heís bad, or not valued at all. But those guys arenít bringing big returns in trades, arenít getting maxed.

For a comp, look at Vucevic. And Orlando May have paid too much. Vucevic has more range though, a better all around offensive player..

https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA/s...927550977?s=09

Tweet from a Detroit writer. If you want to read something funny see the responses from Pistons fans who can't wait to ship Dre out of town lol.

Bertans is hitting almost 4 three's per game in less than 30mpg and averaging 15 & 5 on 45/44/89 shooting. he's basically a Novak that you can play 30mpg. That sounds MUCH more exciting then another big man that cant shoot.

Mitch can dominate games on D, that's all we need at C.
    Mitch cannot make it through a game still, and that's without even starting. The disappearance of his foul woes is in your head. His general lack of IQ, and his ability to do anything on offense besides dunk is also not inspiring. Teams figure that out. You are always too quick to hand the keys to kids and erase the depth behind him. He's not ready.

Again, its something to think about, the Drummond business. Don't really see it though. Plus we have bigger issues elsewhere.

I mean w/ regards to Bertrans I think you get too excited about certain types of players. Seems like a Ryan Andersonish dude that is having a career year just in time to get paid big. Can he do anything besides shoot??

And why can we play him 30mpg?? He's not starting for Washington with their complete lack of an NBA roster.

Could be fine, but like i said, not particularly exciting

would you include one of DSJ Or Frank with Randle seems they want a pick and I'd rather give one of these two to be honest.
    Nah, you just can't. Center just isn't a focus for us right now...not enough that we would give up anything resembling a good asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Mitch cannot make it through a game still, and that's without even starting. The disappearance of his foul woes is in your head. His general lack of IQ, and his ability to do anything on offense besides dunk is also not inspiring. Teams figure that out. You are always too quick to hand the keys to kids and erase the depth behind him. He's not ready.

Again, its something to think about, the Drummond business. Don't really see it though. Plus we have bigger issues elsewhere.

I mean w/ regards to Bertrans I think you get too excited about certain types of players. Seems like a Ryan Andersonish dude that is having a career year just in time to get paid big. Can he do anything besides shoot??

And why can we play him 30mpg?? He's not starting for Washington with their complete lack of an NBA roster.

Could be fine, but like i said, not particularly exciting
    Mitch has issues but he's 21, why bring someone to block his path forward? We're fine with Mitch playing 25mpg and Taj backing up. and a 3rd string C for mop up.

Bertans is playing 29mpg... really guys dont play much more than 32-33mpg these days even the stars. its just what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He wouldnít move the needle?

Heís definitely good enough to be a starter for a lot of teams. Just because he comes off the bench doesnít mean he isnít good enough. Iíd do that trade in a second

Unfortunately OKC wouldnít
    We shouldnít want, ďgood enough to be a starterĒ we should want better than that. Especially if weíre trading for it. Heís having a career season right now