Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,127

    Josh McCown Playoff Performance

    Eagles' Josh McCown tore his hamstring off the bone in the second quarter of the 17-9 loss to the Seahawks and played through the injury



    I find it funny that this comes out the same week that we learned Wentz took himself out of the game due to his concussion. Someone is trying to call attention to the situation (I'm sure I'll be blamed, despite not being a part of the national sports media).
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,584
    The national media reported on two separate things that happened in the same game during the same day upon their findings?

    CRAZY!!!!!!

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,160

    Josh McCown Playoff Performance

    Good for wentz taking himself out.

    I though mccown mighta tore his hammy, Iíve had that injury before so it looked familiar to me. Thatís not an easy injury to continue playing on right after it happens

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Good for wentz taking himself out.

    I though mccown mighta tore his hammy, Iíve had that injury before so it looked familiar to me. Thatís not an easy injury to continue playing on right after it happens
    After one play he jumped up and grabbed his hamstring and limped the rest of the game.

    Biggest thing was just the severity strain < tear < tore off bone.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    57,402
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The national media reported on two separate things that happened in the same game during the same day upon their findings?

    CRAZY!!!!!!
    Local news at 6: Unrelated things happen in same city.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Eagles' Josh McCown tore his hamstring off the bone in the second quarter of the 17-9 loss to the Seahawks and played through the injury



    I find it funny that this comes out the same week that we learned Wentz took himself out of the game due to his concussion. Someone is trying to call attention to the situation (I'm sure I'll be blamed, despite not being a part of the national sports media).
    What's funny about 2 QBs injured for the same team in the same game?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,584
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What's funny about 2 QBs injured for the same team in the same game?
    Wentz is soooooooft durrr.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    16,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I find it funny that this comes out the same week that we learned Wentz took himself out of the game due to his concussion.
    Do you know how the concussion protocol works?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-10-2020 at 07:19 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,529
    Itís crazy to me how some people criticize athletes for not playing hurt. These are human beings, not video game gladiators there for our amusement.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Itís crazy to me how some people criticize athletes for not playing hurt. These are human beings, not video game gladiators there for our amusement.
    I firmly believe the increase in video game screen time by many especially younger people has blurred that concept more and more over the years...to the point some perceive far less differentiation.

    If anything Wentz should be commended for calling it to their attention. There was no call from the officials, it was Carson himself that said hey something's not right.....and you know he wanted to play more than maybe anyone else in uniform that day.

    While I easier to understand why there was no flag on the play, it's quite irritating to now read that Clowney won't be fined, either.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,127
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Do you know how the concussion protocol works?
    Obviously you don't, as the spotter didn't see the hit.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,676
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Do you know how the concussion protocol works?
    He wasn't flagged to be checked out after the hit, by the medical staff, so he could've kept playing had he not reported it to the medical staff. But I agree with Ertz, health is more important, especially when Wentz has a family.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 01-11-2020 at 12:15 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,933
    Wentz should have definitely manned up and put himself at risk for a TBI because it was a playoff game. What a *****...

    Why is this a thread btw? Why are concussions and torn hamstrings being mentioned in the same breath? You don't see players committing suicide from severe or chronic hamstring injuries. McCown deserves a pat on the back for playing through a torn hamstring. Wentz deserves the same for recognizing he had a concussion (it doesn't need to be spotted for it to be legitimate) and keeping himself from potentially a more significant brain injury.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-11-2020 at 04:35 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,634
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I firmly believe the increase in video game screen time by many especially younger people has blurred that concept more and more over the years...to the point some perceive far less differentiation.

    If anything Wentz should be commended for calling it to their attention. There was no call from the officials, it was Carson himself that said hey something's not right.....and you know he wanted to play more than maybe anyone else in uniform that day.

    While I easier to understand why there was no flag on the play, it's quite irritating to now read that Clowney won't be fined, either.
    I don't think videogames have anything to do with it. There was a time in the NFL when you were considered soft if you came out of a game if you weren't dead or paralysed.

    That said, the NFL did exactly what I thought they would do and swept it under the rug and pretend like nothing happened out of the ordinary. A league that claims it takes head injuries serious.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,499
    i mean..... id def play lol... of course wentz has super elite talent/amazing wife/100 million dollar contract and i have well.... none of that lol... so yea i can comfortably say i am a dumber man then wentz and id play... for millions : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •