Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Josh McCown Playoff Performance

Eagles' Josh McCown tore his hamstring off the bone in the second quarter of the 17-9 loss to the Seahawks and played through the injury

I find it funny that this comes out the same week that we learned Wentz took himself out of the game due to his concussion. Someone is trying to call attention to the situation (I'm sure I'll be blamed, despite not being a part of the national sports media).
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

The national media reported on two separate things that happened in the same game during the same day upon their findings?

CRAZY!!!!!!

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Josh McCown Playoff Performance

Good for wentz taking himself out.

I though mccown mighta tore his hammy, Iíve had that injury before so it looked familiar to me. Thatís not an easy injury to continue playing on right after it happens

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Good for wentz taking himself out.

I though mccown mighta tore his hammy, Iíve had that injury before so it looked familiar to me. Thatís not an easy injury to continue playing on right after it happens
    After one play he jumped up and grabbed his hamstring and limped the rest of the game.

Biggest thing was just the severity strain < tear < tore off bone.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

The national media reported on two separate things that happened in the same game during the same day upon their findings?

CRAZY!!!!!!
    Local news at 6: Unrelated things happen in same city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Eagles' Josh McCown tore his hamstring off the bone in the second quarter of the 17-9 loss to the Seahawks and played through the injury

I find it funny that this comes out the same week that we learned Wentz took himself out of the game due to his concussion. Someone is trying to call attention to the situation (I'm sure I'll be blamed, despite not being a part of the national sports media).
    What's funny about 2 QBs injured for the same team in the same game?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What's funny about 2 QBs injured for the same team in the same game?
    Wentz is soooooooft durrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I find it funny that this comes out the same week that we learned Wentz took himself out of the game due to his concussion.
    Do you know how the concussion protocol works?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-10-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Itís crazy to me how some people criticize athletes for not playing hurt. These are human beings, not video game gladiators there for our amusement.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Itís crazy to me how some people criticize athletes for not playing hurt. These are human beings, not video game gladiators there for our amusement.
    I firmly believe the increase in video game screen time by many especially younger people has blurred that concept more and more over the years...to the point some perceive far less differentiation.

If anything Wentz should be commended for calling it to their attention. There was no call from the officials, it was Carson himself that said hey something's not right.....and you know he wanted to play more than maybe anyone else in uniform that day.

While I easier to understand why there was no flag on the play, it's quite irritating to now read that Clowney won't be fined, either.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Obviously you don't, as the spotter didn't see the hit.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He wasn't flagged to be checked out after the hit, by the medical staff, so he could've kept playing had he not reported it to the medical staff. But I agree with Ertz, health is more important, especially when Wentz has a family.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 01-11-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Wentz should have definitely manned up and put himself at risk for a TBI because it was a playoff game. What a *****...

Why is this a thread btw? Why are concussions and torn hamstrings being mentioned in the same breath? You don't see players committing suicide from severe or chronic hamstring injuries. McCown deserves a pat on the back for playing through a torn hamstring. Wentz deserves the same for recognizing he had a concussion (it doesn't need to be spotted for it to be legitimate) and keeping himself from potentially a more significant brain injury.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-11-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I firmly believe the increase in video game screen time by many especially younger people has blurred that concept more and more over the years...to the point some perceive far less differentiation.

If anything Wentz should be commended for calling it to their attention. There was no call from the officials, it was Carson himself that said hey something's not right.....and you know he wanted to play more than maybe anyone else in uniform that day.

While I easier to understand why there was no flag on the play, it's quite irritating to now read that Clowney won't be fined, either.
    I don't think videogames have anything to do with it. There was a time in the NFL when you were considered soft if you came out of a game if you weren't dead or paralysed.

That said, the NFL did exactly what I thought they would do and swept it under the rug and pretend like nothing happened out of the ordinary. A league that claims it takes head injuries serious.

i mean..... id def play lol... of course wentz has super elite talent/amazing wife/100 million dollar contract and i have well.... none of that lol... so yea i can comfortably say i am a dumber man then wentz and id play... for millions : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast