Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Realistic Would Ya?

Just saw this in a Dec article on NJ.com, it is interesting:

Yanks give: Andujar, Voit, Roansy Contraras, for
    Pirates Give: Josh Bell

Huh. That's giving up a lot, and I am not very familiar with Bell, but if his last year stats are a breakthrough and not an anomoly, as a 27 YO switch hitter, he would be a good add to our lineup.

I think I would do this one, even though I love Miggy.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Why qualify it as realistic?

Bell is primarily a 1B. He's switch hitter, but fields as a RH, would be great if he was a LH fielder for 1B. He had a breakout year in 2019. If you believe Andujar can be a perennial .300 and 40 and an adequate glove at 1B, you don't do this deal. If not Josh Bell is all upside imo. Seems a tad too rich for my blood, but Josh Bell is a very good player no question.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Nope. Too much to give up for him. I think Andujar is going to be better offensively. We are basically trading and giving up way too much, because he's a switch hitter.

I'll keep what we have for now

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why qualify it as realistic?

Bell is primarily a 1B. He's switch hitter, but fields as a RH, would be great if he was a LH fielder for 1B. He had a breakout year in 2019. If you believe Andujar can be a perennial .300 and 40 and an adequate glove at 1B, you don't do this deal. If not Josh Bell is all upside imo. Seems a tad too rich for my blood, but Josh Bell is a very good player no question.
    1. Because I am torn.
    2. Because ....

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Nope. Too much to give up for him. I think Andujar is going to be better offensively. We are basically trading and giving up way too much, because he's a switch hitter.

I'll keep what we have for now
    The thing is, I think Miggy is younger and the better hitter, I just don't know where you play him. I am not confident he can switch to first. If we didn't have Stanton, I say stick him at DH for the next 15 years. But we do...hence why I lean toward the trade.

And then there is the whole switch hitter thing.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    1. Because I am torn.
    2. Because ....

The thing is, I think Miggy is younger and the better hitter, I just don't know where you play him. I am not confident he can switch to first. If we didn't have Stanton, I say stick him at DH for the next 15 years. But we do...hence why I lean toward the trade.

And then there is the whole switch hitter thing.
    Miggy is another reason I want to trade Stanton or teach one of them (or both) to play first.

**** off. Where's my title

Voit and Bell are similar players on their own. Why add Andujar and Contreras for a player who isn't an upgrade and more of a lateral move?

Well, Bell is a pretty clear upgrade offensively and defensively over Voit, and a switch hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Well, Bell is a pretty clear upgrade offensively and defensively over Voit, and a switch hitter.
    he had a career year last year sure he is a lefty slugger would look good at the stadium but he tailed off at one point he was leading the nl or close to in home runs and slumped badly second half in the power department..

bell is not great defensively at first..

no way i prefer andujar over bell offensively alone..

andujar reminds me of cano a guy who hits for high average hits the ball to all fields has power does not strike out much...

No. Too much.

I love Andujar. But if he isn't a 3B, he doesn't have a role.

And Did Bell have a career year? Or did he have a breakout year as a 27 year old? He was almost ROY two years earlier.

But yeah, this is an interesting question. I could see it either way. Depends on whether you view Bell as a career year or a breakout.

Josh Bell had a really good first half, and a really poor second half. I'd pass.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    he had a career year last year sure he is a lefty slugger would look good at the stadium but he tailed off at one point he was leading the nl or close to in home runs and slumped badly second half in the power department..
    Bell's career year he posted a 135 wRC+. Voit even deal with injuries had a 126 wRC+ last season. Both are bad on defense. Just not much of a difference there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast