Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Browns Coaching Search Thread

[Rapoport] The #Browns will interview #Eagles DC Jim Schwartz today, they announce, and then they have #Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski and #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. They plan to complete each interview, rather than cut it off and hire someone early. They want to complete the process.

Eagles defense in shambles?

I've wanted Jimmy to get another HC shot for a long time now, would be nice if he could make the Browns next year into what they were supposed to be this year.

I don't know Kevin's background, but if he's responsible for Dalvin Cook in MN, he could do big things with Chubb in Cleveland. Gym Shorts with Myles would be great to see as well.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Browns plan to make their hire by Saturday.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...ll-looking-at/

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I've been following this pretty heavily. I won't litter this thread with tweets, but it seems like the Browns want to do their due diligence. This is a pretty good crop of coaching candidates and they want to make sure they do it right (or wrong lol).

Top 2 candidates in no order:
    Josh McDaniels, Kevin Stefanski

Other serious candidates:
    Robert Saleh, Jim Schwartz

The rest don't seem to be near the top.

The owners seem to be infatuated with Josh McDaniels, who I think is the most likely to win. Paul DePodesta probably prefers Kevin Stefanski. However, DePodesta's contract ends soon (tomorrow I believe lol) so who knows if he'll even be around.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

I prefer McDaniel's myself. he has a proven track record, alittle bit of HC experience. Crazy how far having a strong character at HC can take you. Browns need discipline and leadership. This is a team with a massive amount of talent. Its time to put it together and that starts with a HC who can have control of the locker room and put players in the best position possible to succeed. Things Kitchens did not do at all.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

I just want this topic to be more active because its interesting between the Giants hire where people are all "every BB assistant fails as a coach lulz" vs the Browns wanting McDaniels for a proven record of winning.

-Scott van Pelt

I can't believe they're not looking at Bienemy. With such a small HC change (only 5, unless someone gets fired) I guess he just didn't have a shot, but a 3rd year at OC will likely help him next year.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I can't believe they're not looking at Bienemy. With such a small HC change (only 5, unless someone gets fired) I guess he just didn't have a shot, but a 3rd year at OC will likely help him next year.
    I could see Cleveland taking the Cowboys route. Jerry wanted a coach with experience. The Browns took a shot on a risky guy with Kitchens and it went terribly. They might want a guy who has been a HC before.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I just want this topic to be more active because its interesting between the Giants hire where people are all "every BB assistant fails as a coach lulz" vs the Browns wanting McDaniels for a proven record of winning.
    I'm surprised any team is even considering hiring McDaniels at this point. What he did to the Colts should prevent him from ever getting a job outside of New England.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm surprised any team is even considering hiring McDaniels at this point. What he did to the Colts should prevent him from ever getting a job outside of New England.
    That and he was a joke w/ the Broncos. He doesnít have a proven track record, BB and Brady have a proven track record and heís been along for the ride. Kinda feels like people thinking Gase was good because Peyton Manning was great.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    That and he was a joke w/ the Broncos. He doesnít have a proven track record, BB and Brady have a proven track record and heís been along for the ride. Kinda feels like people thinking Gase was good because Peyton Manning was great.
    Not saying it's the case with McDaniels for sure or anything, but some guys are just coordinators. Some guys aren't cut out for head coaching. Mcdaniels has a proven track record as an OC, but I'm not sure he's a head coach.

Mike pettine talked about being a head coach in 1 of his first pressers after being hired by the packers as DC. He talked about how as DC, he spends 90% of his working hours directly on football, whether that be gameplanning, watching film, teaching players or whatever. As a head coach, he wasn't able to spend nearly that amount of time on football. More time was spent on alot of the stuff like managing locker rooms and all of that crap. He hated it and it wasn't a good fit for him. I think there's quite a few guys who probably fit that mold.

**** the Colts... What he did to Denver should have prevented him from getting another HC job. They STILL call him Hurricane Josh around here.

On top of already failing as a HC on his first go. I donít get the hype. I donít think he finally jumps ship for the browns either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he hasn't even interviewed yet, but somehow the media knows he has a bold plan to realign leadership in Cleveland.......yeah, hire him now he's going to make big changes despite not even knowing the lay of the land

not that I know why whatever hype around Stefanski, but the Browns analytical guy suggested Kevin last year and they ignored him....that analytics guy is in charge of things this year....just sayin'

still don't like coaches being expected to prepare for an interview and a game at the same time....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    he hasn't even interviewed yet, but somehow the media knows he has a bold plan to realign leadership in Cleveland.......yeah, hire him now he's going to make big changes despite not even knowing the lay of the land

not that I know why whatever hype around Stefanski, but the Browns analytical guy suggested Kevin last year and they ignored him....that analytics guy is in charge of things this year....just sayin'

still don't like coaches being expected to prepare for an interview and a game at the same time....
    Every year the idea is brought up for a 'coaching hire moratorium', forcing teams to wait until after the SB to interview and hire coaches. The thought is always presented as one of two ways: 1 to not have coaches doing what you say, and 2 it tends to come with the argument that doing so can help minority candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He was also 34 LMAO! chill, not everyone is an amazing HC in their first stint. Denver was also not a very good team in general.

Josh has been given a lot of control with the pats so he def deserves credit for some of the success. thats why he's the highest paid assistant in football.

People gotta get over the Colts thing that's pretty lame. He didn't feel he was ready and wanted more communication with the Pats. When he got it he stayed.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast