AFC Divisional Round: #4 Houston Texans @ #2 Kansas City Chiefs

AFC Divisional Round
    @

Sunday, January 12th at 3:05 PM ET
    TV: CBS

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Deshaun Watson, QB #4 - 3,852 Yards / 26 TD 12 INT / 67.3 CMP% / 98.0 QB Rating
    Patrick Mahomes, QB #15 - 4,031 Yards / 26 TD 5 INT / 65.9 CMP% / 105.3 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Carlos Hyde, RB #23 - 1,070 Yards / 245 Carries/ 4.4 YPC / 6 TD
    Damien Williams, RB #26 - 498 Yards / 111 Carries/ 4.5 YPC/ 5 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

DeAndre Hopkins, WR #10 - 104 Catches / 1,165 Yards / 7 TD
    Tyreek Hill, WR #10 - 58 Catches / 860 Yards / 7 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Jordan Akins, TE #88 - 36 Catches / 418 Yards / 2 TD
    Travis Kelce, TE #87 - 97 Catches / 1,229 Yards / 5 TD

Kicker

~VS~

Ka'imi Fairnbairn, K #7 - 20 FGM / 25 FGA / 40 XPM / 45 XPA
    Harrison Butker, K #7 - 34 FGM / 38 FGA / 45 XPM / 48 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Zach Cunningham, LB #41 - 142
    Anthony Hitchens, LB # 53 - 88

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Whitney Mercilus, LB #59 - 7.5
    Chris Jones, DT #95 - 9.0

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Tashaun Gipson Sr., S #39 - 3
    Tyrann Mathieu, S #32 - 4

Click For More Stats

Fire Luke Walton

KC wins 35-17

Please win Houston.

Where my Bears fans at?

Please Houston, find a way.

KC and itís not all that close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i self banned myself for 2 weeks cuz the stillers couldn't muster a win vs. the rats b team. gonna cheat and remove a day and get back to the forum.

i think texans keep it close. most thought they were going to be bounced by the bills, especially espn pre game had the bills sweeping the texans.

bills tend to play grind it out kind of games and keep things close. they had 1-2 blowouts and were beat soundly by the iggles. bills played rats and pats to 1 possession as well.

i think chiefs bad run defense will allow the texans to be in it. texans exposed that facet earlier in the year, hopefully they can repeat that trend.

watson is a never say die kind of guy from the mold of brady and russ, so I would't count out the texans based on that. this is one reason i've been a massive watson stan since clemson.

chiefs win by one possession, just based off of more experienced coaching with reid and the dc. but both hc's can be kind of chokey so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    i self banned myself for 2 weeks cuz the stillers couldn't muster a win vs. the rats b team. gonna cheat and remove a day and get back to the forum.

i think texans keep it close. most thought they were going to be bounced by the bills, especially espn pre game had the bills sweeping the texans.

bills tend to play grind it out kind of games and keep things close. they had 1-2 blowouts and were beat soundly by the iggles. bills played rats and pats to 1 possession as well.

i think chiefs bad run defense will allow the texans to be in it. texans exposed that facet earlier in the year, hopefully they can repeat that trend.

watson is a never say die kind of guy from the mold of brady and russ, so I would't count out the texans based on that. this is one reason i've been a massive watson stan since clemson.

chiefs win by one possession, just based off of more experienced coaching with reid and the dc. but both hc's can be kind of chokey so you never know.
    will fuller's status and activity will also be a big significator in the outcome. he opens up things more for the watson/offense.

looking over some stats, chefs rush d has done well the past 3 games.
    Last edited by Heediot; 01-11-2020 at 09:41 AM.

KC wins this, but I won't be disappointed if Houston pulls off the upset.

KC is about to embarrass the Texans.

i am curious how watson handles the weather/climate. he has played in the south for his college and nfl life for the most part.

Find a way Houston.

I feel like this will be thread worthy when KC destroys HOU, but is the AFC's lack of powerhouses a concern? Like, if KC rolls into a SB having been on a bye due to the Pats ******** the bed, then beating a bad HOU team, then hosting the AFCCG against a 9 win Titans team, is that bad? I haven't seen a team with an easier path to the SB since the 11-5 Falcons somehow got the 2 seed, hosted throughout because the Cowboys **** the bed, then beat two very flawed NFC teams that got further than they should've.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I feel like this will be thread worthy when KC destroys HOU, but is the AFC's lack of powerhouses a concern? Like, if KC rolls into a SB having been on a bye due to the Pats ******** the bed, then beating a bad HOU team, then hosting the AFCCG against a 9 win Titans team, is that bad? I haven't seen a team with an easier path to the SB since the 11-5 Falcons somehow got the 2 seed, hosted throughout because the Cowboys **** the bed, then beat two very flawed NFC teams that got further than they should've.
    Is Houston really that bad? I just think the team is inconsistent. They will beat a good team one week and lose to the broncos the next.

It will come down to match-ups, that's how playoffs are. elements also come into play in an environment like arrowhead in January. qb/hc and how they handle pressure factor in as well.

if i had to pick my sb winner as of now it would be the chiefs from all that's left. but i'm rooting hard for my man watson and jj (for what he did after hurricane/flood relief).

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast