Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Higher trade value, Embiid or Simmons?

Let’s say the Sixers decide to “blow it up” in a sense by trading 1 of their top 2 guys who are obviously having a hard time gelling on the court and who seem to not have a relationship off the court (Embiid has been throwing shots), who do you think would have the higher trade value? Who do you think they should trade between the 2 if they’re going to trade one of them?

Imo Simmons has higher trade value but I would probably move Embiid and try to get as many pieces around Simmons as I could that can shoot. Simmons has 10+ more years as an all star player and I don’t think Embiid has any more than 5 although I could always be wrong.

Trading Simmons is also interesting though if they find the right piece/pieces because they could go all in this season and compete for the championship for the next few seasons, if they don’t win though they gave up all those extra seasons of Simmons for nothing.

its close.... even with joel being a top 5 or so player in the sport he is still a center and will likely be out of the league in about 7 seasons where is ben simmons likely plays until he is mid 30s or so..... we could probably get Dame for joel where is we wouldnt be able to get dame for ben simmons.... Joel to the blazers and dame coming here fixes a ton of the sixers/blazers problems lol... CJ and joel would be nasty as would a team of dame/simmons/horford/harris/Richardson

personally id trade ben well before id trade joel... ben will never be as great as joel is right now... good thread though

Keep Embiid and trade Simmons

Embiid is clearly worth more. Now if you want to have a discussion about whether strategically it's better to trade Embiid or Simmons that's another topic.

If you trade Embiid, I feel like you'd lose some of the fan base. He's homegrown and embraced far more than Simmons.

I also can't rationalize laying all your chips with Simmons a player who's clearly lazy and entitled. If I'm an owner, no way I can sign off on that.

Who cares how long of a career Simmons and Embiid will have. They are both unrestricted free agents at the end of this current contract. Strategically you trade either one in the mindset who sets me up to win a title in the next 3-4 years. I couldn't give a rat's *** if Embiid's knees are destroyed by 32, he's only 25 and if I don't win a title or get to a Finals I'll be jobless as GM/President. 7 years from now doesn't influence me whatsoever.

Jojo O and it's not remotely close.

Ben Simmons is a maxed $170m version of montee ellis except that he doesn't shoot and is insanely hard to build around. work ethic and ability to work get along with other temmates is on par of Ellis.

Won't get fair value for either.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Won't get fair value for either.
    I think they would get fair value for embiid. Simmons, I'm not sure anyone knows what fair value is, especially when you factor in his 5/170 contract. Which is hella a lot for a guy that is so limited as far as how he can contribute and apparently not well liked in the clubhouse

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Embiid is clearly worth more. Now if you want to have a discussion about whether strategically it's better to trade Embiid or Simmons that's another topic.

If you trade Embiid, I feel like you'd lose some of the fan base. He's homegrown and embraced far more than Simmons.

I also can't rationalize laying all your chips with Simmons a player who's clearly lazy and entitled. If I'm an owner, no way I can sign off on that.

Who cares how long of a career Simmons and Embiid will have. They are both unrestricted free agents at the end of this current contract. Strategically you trade either one in the mindset who sets me up to win a title in the next 3-4 years. I couldn't give a rat's *** if Embiid's knees are destroyed by 32, he's only 25 and if I don't win a title or get to a Finals I'll be jobless as GM/President. 7 years from now doesn't influence me whatsoever.
    Agreed; it's all based on where the team is. A contender like Miami should want Embiid's reality. A younger team should probably want Simmons' potential

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I think they would get fair value for embiid. Simmons, I'm not sure anyone knows what fair value is, especially when you factor in his 5/170 contract. Which is hella a lot for a guy that is so limited as far as how he can contribute and apparently not well liked in the clubhouse
    the problem is teams would need to give up what ben would need to succeed on the team trading for him lol... So this would be another issue.

Easily Embiid

Sixers get Williams, Harrell, Shamet and Harkless

Horford
    Harrell
    Richardson
    Shamet
    Simmons

Williams super sub

Clippers get Embiid

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post

Horford
    Harrell
    Richardson
    Shamet
    Simmons

Williams super sub

Clippers get Embiid
    Embiid is worth so much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post

Horford
    Harrell
    Richardson
    Shamet
    Simmons

Williams super sub

Clippers get Embiid
    pass... that basically hands the cloppers a title for the next 3 plus years every year.

KL/PG13/Joel... is not what this league needs

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Embiid is worth so much more than that.
    True. I was just having some fun. Sixers should only trade one of these guys if they fall out of the first round come playoffs. Maybe even the second round but depends on who and how they play.

If you can get a untouchable player like Dame then you go all in. I don’t know if Holiday and Reddick get Sixers over the hump. Anything less then a Finals run will be a failure when you trade a player at Simmons level. You can’t justify trading Simmons and not making the Finals.

Embiid for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast