Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    It's odd to me that Giant fans can be OK with the way things are going with Gettleman in the saddle as they're the ones who are going to be living with this mess. And the fact that one thing that Gettleman did that was not a disaster (altho' could have been handled much more competently), picking Jones, somehow makes all of the other complete incompetence OK boggles my mind. This Joe Judge hiring is more utter nonsense. Giant fans might as well flush their 2020 season tickets down the toilet right now - and I wouldn't consider the 2021 tickets too safe either.
    Dude I was in favor of firing gettleman I just said heís drafted pretty well you donít have to agree but go ahead and go off at nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Dude I was in favor of firing gettleman I just said heís drafted pretty well you donít have to agree but go ahead and go off at nobody.
    ort ranked Jones #7 before he even took an NFL snap, so obviously he agreed with the draft position at the time he was drafted and is trolling now.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...583-QB-Ratings

Youth:

1 - Pat Mahomes KC 24
    2 - Carson Wentz Phila 26
    3 - Baker Mayfield Cleve 24
    4 - DeShaun Watson Hou 24
    5 - Dak Prescott Dall 26

6 - Sam Darnold Jets 22
    7 - Daniel Jones Giants 22
    8 - Kyler Murray AZ 22
    9 - Jared Goff LAR 24
    10 - Teddy Bridgewater NO 26

11 - Gardner Minshew Jacks 23
    12 - Lamar Jackson Balt 22
    13 - Marcus Mariota Tenn 25
    14 - Mitchell Trubisky Chic 25
    15 - Mason Rudolph Pitts 24
    16 - Josh Rosen Mia 22
    17 - Josh Allen Buff 23
    18 - Dwayne Haskins Wash 22
    19 - Kyle Allen Car 23
    20 - Jameis Winston TB 25
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    ort ranked Jones #7 before he even took an NFL snap, so obviously he agreed with the draft position at the time he was drafted and is trolling now.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...583-QB-Ratings

Youth:

1 - Pat Mahomes KC 24
    2 - Carson Wentz Phila 26
    3 - Baker Mayfield Cleve 24
    4 - DeShaun Watson Hou 24
    5 - Dak Prescott Dall 26

6 - Sam Darnold Jets 22
    7 - Daniel Jones Giants 22
    8 - Kyler Murray AZ 22
    9 - Jared Goff LAR 24
    10 - Teddy Bridgewater NO 26

11 - Gardner Minshew Jacks 23
    12 - Lamar Jackson Balt 22
    13 - Marcus Mariota Tenn 25
    14 - Mitchell Trubisky Chic 25
    15 - Mason Rudolph Pitts 24
    16 - Josh Rosen Mia 22
    17 - Josh Allen Buff 23
    18 - Dwayne Haskins Wash 22
    19 - Kyle Allen Car 23
    20 - Jameis Winston TB 25
    `my rant here is not about Jones. It's about Gettleman and this absurd hiring of Judge. We just saw how Freddie Kitchens flamed out in Cleveland after being hired by a similar ego maniac GM.
    He's got three strikes against him before he even starts 1-He'a a Belichick assistant and none of Bill's genius every rubs off on any of them 2-`he has zero head coaching experience, not even an offensive or defensive coordinator.and 3-Gettleman hired him. Two years from now, maybe sooner, the Giants are going to be searching again after two more disastrous seasons.

The Jones thing started because Giants fans seem to be deifying Gettleman for drafting Jones.
    Jones is not Aaron Rogers,Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, Lamar Jackson, DeShawn Watson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and there's no indication that he ever will be. Comparing him to Matthew Stafford is a compliment. Stafford was a number one overall pick and has put up some nice career numbers. Jones would do very well to end up playing as well as Stafford has. If drafting Jones (way too early by the way) is all Gettleman has on the plus side of his resume, then you can't say that the Judge hire is bound to be successful, far from it.

it's not hard to see that between a neophyte head coach and a GM that doesn't have a clue about putting together a talented roster, the next couple of years in New York are not going to be pretty. And two years from now, the Giants will be back to square one when they get rid of both Gettleman and Judge. It's hard to see Jones thriving in this environment either.

I canít wait till judge proves these people that know nothing about the game wrong. My god. The one thing gettleman has done is draft well. His trades and fA signings have been bad no doubt but lol his drafts have been as solid as they get. They got the franchise QB I donít get how anybody can still cry about Barkley being drafted at 2. Give me a break with Lamar Jackson he went last pick round 1 and heís the only QB in that class Iíd want over jones. Giants have a lot of young talent they need to spend their money correct and draft well theyíll be really good soon. It might not be next year but itís coming. Iíd expect them to jump to 7-9 wins next year
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I canít wait till judge proves these people that know nothing about the game wrong. My god.
    What if he proves them right?

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    how anybody can still cry about Barkley being drafted at 2.
    After his 2019 season? I dunno.

Judge is a risk. Not the risk I was hoping for or expecting (Rhule), but we'll see how it turns out. It's simply far too early to criticize him. It's outside the box to hire a Special Teams Coordinator as a Head Coach, but it has been done before.

I just won't sit here an crush this guy before he even gets his chance to lead this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Judge is a risk. Not the risk I was hoping for or expecting (Rhule), but we'll see how it turns out. It's simply far too early to criticize him. It's outside the box to hire a Special Teams Coordinator as a Head Coach, but it has been done before.

I just won't sit here an crush this guy before he even gets his chance to lead this team.
    I agree with that and I also think the idea that someone has to succeed as OC or DC before you can make them a HC is an example of the Peter principle. Coordinator and head coach require very different skill sets.

Still, I'm doubtful if this is the HC from the Belichick tree that will finally prove to be a long-term success.

Two big reasons the Giants were so bad last season:

1) They had a rookie QB. I don't care how solid he looked at times. It's hard as hell to win football games with a rookie QB under center.

2) The Giants lead the league in dead cap space. This upcoming season, most of that is cleared and they will have up to $80 mil in cap space to make much needed upgrades to the roster.

I'm NOT a Gettleman fan and don't agree with some of this moves, but these things have to be pointed out. Now the pressure is really on to start winning games though. No more dead cap excuse. Gettleman overhauled the roster with cap flexibility to build the roster he wants. And no more rookie QB excuse. Daniel Jones needs to be expected to start playing winning football from here on out.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Rhule is even more risky, especially when you consider his ridiculous price tag and lack of a NFL pedigree. Big difference between turning around Temple and Baylor and being a successful NFL coach.

All of the criticizing is just media fodder for trolling *******s like Max Kellerman, Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Michael Kay, etc. They know nothing. No one should be sold by whether or not he nailed his press conference either. None of that is indicative of what kind of coach he'll be. The only thing that matters is results and we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Rhule is even more risky, especially when you consider his ridiculous price tag and lack of a NFL pedigree. Big difference between turning around Temple and Baylor and being a successful NFL coach.

All of the criticizing is just media fodder for trolling *******s like Max Kellerman, Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Michael Kay, etc. They know nothing. No one should be sold by whether or not he nailed his press conference either. None of that is indicative of what kind of coach he'll be. The only thing that matters is results and we'll see what happens.
    Disagree about Rhule being riskier. The contract he got means nothing to me. It doesnít count toward salary cap. It the owner wants to spend big there, then thatís fine. As far as his resume is concerned, itís a better resume than Judge. This is undeniable. Rhule has at least been a successful head coach and leader of two college programs. Judge has been a good Special Teams coordinator. If we are just talking resumes, Rhule has the edge and has more coaching experience overall. Judge has never had any experience being a head coach and leading an organization. Rhule has for several years. That counts for a lot if we are talking about assessing risk.

How in the world is Rhule a bigger risk? The only risk is lost money by the owner if it doesn't pan out. Rhule has a proven pedigree of turning around some of the worst programs in the FBS as a head coach with OTHER coaches players. That's a bet I take every time with a guy that just takes what he has to work with and has made it work at every stop. I realize you guys are trying to rationalize the decision, but the fact of the matter is Judge doesnt have the credentials you'd want from a HC candidate. The special teams unit is was in charge of was...well mediocre to put it nicely. And his one year as a WR's coach he didn't prove much. Sure there are examples of special teams coordinator s going on to be successful head coaches, but Harbaugh for example was considered one of if not the best at his craft at the time he was hired. Anything can happen, but I would not be happy if I was a Giants fan and the Giants passed on Rhule for "money reasons." That's n acceptable excuse in a place like Jacksonville, but not in New York.

Special Teams Coach to Head Coach

They keep citing this was done before, but the only time it has ever been done successfully was Ravens coach John Harbaugh, but that was a very special case. His father Jack was a highly successful coach and his brother Jim was an NFL quarterback and also an NFL head coach. He had lived and breathed coaching his entire life before getting the job. Really tenuous using him as a model. Anyway, the point here is that instead of hiring a real coach, who would threaten Gettleman's authority within the organization, Gettleman hires a guy with no experience. Typical hire of an extremely weak manager, particularly one with an oversized ego. Everybody thinks because Gettleman didn't totally screw up the Jones pick that he's some kind of a savant and that Judge is another savant move. Much more likely he's a clueless bloated ego maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    How in the world is Rhule a bigger risk? The only risk is lost money by the owner if it doesn't pan out. Rhule has a proven pedigree of turning around some of the worst programs in the FBS as a head coach with OTHER coaches players. That's a bet I take every time with a guy that just takes what he has to work with and has made it work at every stop. I realize you guys are trying to rationalize the decision, but the fact of the matter is Judge doesnt have the credentials you'd want from a HC candidate. The special teams unit is was in charge of was...well mediocre to put it nicely. And his one year as a WR's coach he didn't prove much. Sure there are examples of special teams coordinator s going on to be successful head coaches, but Harbaugh for example was considered one of if not the best at his craft at the time he was hired. Anything can happen, but I would not be happy if I was a Giants fan and the Giants passed on Rhule for "money reasons." That's n acceptable excuse in a place like Jacksonville, but not in New York.
    The monetary risk is huge. How many guys who have started as college head coaches succeeded at the NFL level? Jimmy Johnson? Jim Harbaugh? Barry Switzer essentially inherited a Johnson built Cowboys team and was told not to **** it up.

Rhule has nothing on his resume besides turning around college programs. Last time I checked you can't recruit guys in the NFL or put in a gimmick style offense in to win games. At the end of the day, the Panthers just made Rhule the 5th highest paid coach in NFL history for what? The guy has nothing to justify that type of salary. His contract/average money potentially obligates him to the position longer than he may deserve to be just based on how outrageous his contract is.

I highly doubt the Panthers fire him 3 years in (if he sucks) when he'll still be owed 30-40 million dollars.

If I'm a Giants fan, I reserve judgment before I crap all over the hire. Leave the stupid **** to the moronic media pundits who think they know everything.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-10-2020 at 01:36 AM.

The monetary risk is huge. How many guys who have started as college head coaches succeeded at the NFL level? Jimmy Johnson? Jim Harbaugh? Barry Switzer essentially inherited a Johnson built Cowboys team and was told not to **** it up.

Rhule has nothing on his resume besides turning around college programs. Last time I checked you can't recruit guys in the NFL or put in a gimmick style offense in to win games. At the end of the day, the Panthers just made Rhule the 5th highest paid coach in NFL history for what? The guy has nothing to justify that type of salary. His contract/average money potentially obligates him to the position longer than he may deserve to be just based on how outrageous his contract is.

I highly doubt the Panthers fire him 3 years in (if he sucks) when he'll still be owed 30-40 million dollars.

If I'm a Giants fan, I reserve judgment before I crap all over the hire. Leave the stupid **** to the moronic media pundits who think they know everything.
    Again, he turned these programs around without the benefit of infusing his own recruiting classes and those schools were not recruiting hotbeds. He essentially turned those programs around with mostly 2 and 3-star recruits that were the previous coaches players. If the Panthers get their QB situation worked out I'd expect them to be a playoff team as soon as next year.

As for the contract, yeah that contract implies they are banking on Rhule being there a long time, but if he is 15-33 after 3 seasons I guarantee you the Panthers will have no problem pulling the plug. No way they let 30m in sunk cost affect their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Again, he turned these programs around without the benefit of infusing his own recruiting classes and those schools were not recruiting hotbeds. He essentially turned those programs around with mostly 2 and 3-star recruits that were the previous coaches players. If the Panthers get their QB situation worked out I'd expect them to be a playoff team as soon as next year.

As for the contract, yeah that contract implies they are banking on Rhule being there a long time, but if he is 15-33 after 3 seasons I guarantee you the Panthers will have no problem pulling the plug. No way they let 30m in sunk cost affect their decision.
    That still means nothing at the NFL level. There are ways to win in college with lesser talent whether its the system you run, the conference you're in, etc. And thanks for pointing out that the Panther's roster is significantly better than the Giants. That makes a big difference in how easy of a turnaround it can be. All that and Rhule still called the Giants to match the Panther's offer.

No NFL owner is leaving 30-40 million dollars on the table. All that money means he has a longer leash than he may deserve (depending on results). I know these owners are billionaires but they aren't dismissing money owed as a non factor. Of course it matters.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast