Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Shoot... If it gets us rid of Freeman, I might consider it lol

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    What do you guys think a Trent Williams trade is going to take? I've been thinking about this a little lately. He's due 12.5M and in the last year of his contract. He'll be 32 this season so theres the question of when his play starts to decline with age, and who knows what his price tag is on an extension? But when healthy he's a top 5 LT and would be a huge upgrade.

Does Bolles have any traits that would see him be successful at RG?

Would Washington consider a trade like Bolles and a 6th that becomes a 4th if Williams resigns/extends? Is it worth it to take on the contract for a possible 1 year player on a team that's more than a year away? Interested in everyones thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    What do you guys think a Trent Williams trade is going to take? I've been thinking about this a little lately. He's due 12.5M and in the last year of his contract. He'll be 32 this season so theres the question of when his play starts to decline with age, and who knows what his price tag is on an extension? But when healthy he's a top 5 LT and would be a huge upgrade.

Would Washington consider a trade like Bolles and a 6th that becomes a 4th if Williams resigns/extends? Is it worth it to take on the contract for a possible 1 year player on a team that's more than a year away? Interested in everyones thoughts on this.
    sounds like Trent Williams will net at least a top 50 pick. And any trade comes w/ a new contract paying him $20 million per or he will sit out (again).

Bolles could move to RT but an IOL he is not. He gets this unwarranted hype for his run blocking but at the POA he is not good. He is light and has issues anchoring. He also is sloppy with his hands. All things that are amplified playing on the interior

The Denver Broncos took a great first step towards solidifying the secondary in obtaining cornerback AJ Bouye from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

While Bouye will help soften the (very likely) loss of Chris Harris Jr, is this move enough to call the defensive backfield 'complete'? Far from it.

How PFF's study on the fragility of defense should impact the Broncos' plans in continuing to improve the talent and depth of the secondary.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...this-offseason

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Shelby is probably going to demand top IDL dollar....but he's not that type of player. If he was combined with a true stalwart in the interior..he would look really really good..but he's not "the" guy there.

He'd be okay in Fangio's system as long as he's not NT..but again he's not the type of player that will wreck the interior consistently.

A nice piece to have...but not at the price he will likely command.

A Calais Campbell pickup (if cut) can honestly be considered a significant upgrade..

Welp, I guess this isn't going to happen now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...k-per-reports/

Whoa! Roby is getting $12M average per year!
    I really need to readjust my mindset for free agents.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...yan-tannehill/

Glad that we got Glasgow...I like him more than McGovern. Hoping we land Reader tomorrow

I am surprised. I thought we were going to get DJ Reader. $13.25M per is apparently too much. What are we going to do with our cap space? Wolfe? Harris?

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Doesn't look like Wolfe or Harris are going to be in the 1st wave of signings.. surprised we haven't heard any rumours about CHJ either. I think it's very possible Wolfe and Harris could be retained at a bargain deal. If Wolfe is getting offered 8M from someone else and 8M from us, he wont leave.. i think the same goes for Harris, not dollar-wise but for familiarity sake. Can't say the same for CHJ, it feels like hes moved on

Nah. This is where we just keep our assets. Say what you want about Bolles but, at the very least, he's been durable. If Lock already had a full season under his belt and signs pointed to us immediately in contention...it be worth the shot...but we have another OC and another system to implement with a unit that we're going to build through the draft...so we're going to be young and we're going to have our growing pains. Lets not invest in an older health risk that probably won't move the needle in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Whoa! Roby is getting $12M average per year!
    I really need to readjust my mindset for free agents.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...yan-tannehill/
    Bouye is already a win. Very savvy move from Elway. If we can pick up those two 2nd/3rd way CB's (Prince/Bausby)...I'll be happy with that DB unit.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Glad that we got Glasgow...I like him more than McGovern. Hoping we land Reader tomorrow
    I like him at RG much more than McGovern...if we use him at C, as a starter not an emergency option, I don't think we fully optimized his skill set. All signs point to him as our RG though so I'm very content with this. He's an very good pass blocker with agile feet to help with the outside zone runs. Risner doesn't have to be the only one who pulls anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I am surprised. I thought we were going to get DJ Reader. $13.25M per is apparently too much. What are we going to do with our cap space? Wolfe? Harris?
    We were. Right there till the very end until Cinci came out of nowhere and overpaid. I think we got as high as 12 mil annually but probably the structures and guarantees were much higher from Cinci's end.

That's part of business. Would of been a great get but you get outbid. Reader wanted to cash in...no way is Cinci trending more upwards than we are....but we're not there just yet for the Lock factor to fully kick in.

Doesn't look like Wolfe or Harris are going to be in the 1st wave of signings.. surprised we haven't heard any rumours about CHJ either. I think it's very possible Wolfe and Harris could be retained at a bargain deal. If Wolfe is getting offered 8M from someone else and 8M from us, he wont leave.. i think the same goes for Harris, not dollar-wise but for familiarity sake. Can't say the same for CHJ, it feels like hes moved on
    Not surprised with wolfe with all his health issues but very surprised that Shelby hasn't caught on yet. I doubt Shelby will settle for "bargain"....and if he does settle for bargain...it won't be with us. I get the sense we kinda irked him a little bit. Quite a few cards have to fall into place for him to come back to us, imo.

I'm quite shocked that Scrap hasn't signed yet. If he's looking to win...he may take his time a little to find the right team with a respectable deal...if he's looking for money...I find it hard to believe a team hasn't offered him a good chunk with all these other CB's cashing in.

It's weird to say we're going into the 2nd wave of FA when FA still hasn't technically started yet...but that's where we are at.

Denver is going to need to get creative...but it's not all lost.

DL is a major need but fortunately for us we have good coaching in that position so these value signings, that we're bound, won't look as dire.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 03-18-2020 at 02:42 AM.

We got Jurrell Casey for peanuts AND he has no more guaranteed money! Elway is FLEXING this off season

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    We got Jurrell Casey for peanuts AND he has no more guaranteed money! Elway is FLEXING this off season
    Woo Hoo! I am so excited! What a great deal and great, great, great acquisition!
    I was so bummed that we didn't get DJ Reader for what ended up being $13.25M per year and now we got a guy who has been even better for $11.8M, $12.3M, & $13.85M for the next 3 years! Score!

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/10954...243521/photo/1

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...-jurrell-casey
    Last edited by dbronco; 03-18-2020 at 07:19 PM.

The fact that we got Casey alone was an awesome get....what we gave up for him...basically incomprehensible. That's some voodoo magic Elway pulled off.

For a 30 year old, 5 time probowler that still has plenty in the tank, we have him for multiple years AND he's at market price WITH no additional baggage......how the **** did you do that Elway?

And yes..Casey is better than Reader. We lost out on our main target but we somehow got a better, albeit older, player without the cap baggage.

Take a bow, Elway. That was beyond brilliant.

Now, with Wolfe's market basically diminished..we can realistically have him return...and, if he's good to go, these guys on the DL will basically be stunting/twisting ALL game long....we just upgraded two fold in the pass rushing department if so..

I'd still have them invest a draft pick on the DL as well....I mean if Kinlaw/Brown fall to 15.....

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast