Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I keep seeing the broncos as a team with so many holes that I have a hard time focusing on a particular guy I really want at 15 or 10, although I'd love Simmons.
    I don't feel like the team has a solid foundation / solid core.
    I feel like we have some very good players here and there, but still way too many holes.
    I really need to see what happens in free agency to have any certainty about the draft. And free agency has been mostly disappointing the last few years, while the last two drafts have been much better, although this year Elway has a lot more money than the past 3 years. It seems like this is the year to have both a great free agency and a great draft.

Having said that, here is a 3 round mock that would go along way to filling a lot of needs, although nothing at LB.
    1-15 Kristian Fulton CB
    2-14 Jalen Reagor WR
    3-13 Jordan Elliott DL
    3-19 Matt Hennessy OL
    3-31 Ben Bredeson OL

What do you think of this?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...aken-on-day-2/
    Last edited by dbronco; 02-12-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    What if Andrew Thomas slides a little as teams grapple for QB's? I'd be all for him... We'd still likely need to trade up, but if he's there at like pick ten? I'm down.
    He's slipping. Seems NFL is not as high on him as media. He will probably be the best of them year 1 but he's rigid and a limited athlete. Might be relegated to RT in a gap scheme or even G is what is coming out more and more. I wouldn't trade up for him. At 15 we can have a discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I keep seeing the broncos as a team with so many holes that I have a hard time focusing on a particular guy I really want at 15 or 10, although I'd love Simmons.
    I don't feel like the team has a solid foundation / solid core.
    I feel like we have some very good players here and there, but still way too many holes.
    I really need to see what happens in free agency to have any certainty about the draft. And free agency has been mostly disappointing the last few years, while the last two drafts have been much better, although this year Elway has a lot more money than the past 3 years. It seems like this is the year to have both a great free agency and a great draft.

Having said that, here is a 3 round mock that would go along way to filling a lot of needs, although nothing at LB.
    1-15 Kristian Fulton CB
    2-14 Jalen Reagor WR
    3-13 Jordan Elliott DL
    3-19 Matt Hennessy OL
    3-31 Ben Bredeson OL

What do you think of this?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...aken-on-day-2/
    I don't love Fulton at 15. Also some worries he has a very concerning shoulder issue.

The offense has a nice young core emerging

Lock?
    Sutton
    Fant?
    Risner
    Lindsay

That's a really good quintet of young players on the O. I would keep attacking that.

On D it's Von, Chubb, Simmons. MAYBE Johnson but this team really could use a difference maker at CB. Sounds like they will be attacking Byron Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    He's slipping. Seems NFL is not as high on him as media. He will probably be the best of them year 1 but he's rigid and a limited athlete. Might be relegated to RT in a gap scheme or even G is what is coming out more and more. I wouldn't trade up for him. At 15 we can have a discussion
    The thing is he's got far more potential to play LT than a guy like Wirfs. And if LT doesn't work out for him, he can still play RT. Wirfs may be a guard his entire career. So in that sense, I'd rather trade up a little for someone who at least can play RT versus take a guard at 15 lol

So I guess overall this tackle class is looking like **** lol

The thing is he's got far more potential to play LT than a guy like Wirfs. And if LT doesn't work out for him, he can still play RT. Wirfs may be a guard his entire career. So in that sense, I'd rather trade up a little for someone who at least can play RT versus take a guard at 15 lol
    I don't agree with that at all. As the combine coverage ramps up, the more talk of Thomas to G or RT becomes common. He's likely the least athletic of the big 5 OTs and is on par with Jones as being the most scheme dependent (Thomas in Gap Jones in Zone). Wirfs G talk comes from some questions about his arm length (which we will know on soon enough) and his over aggressiveness in his sets and lunging, more common place for a G than T.

Thomas' best work is helmet on helmet blocking w/ power and winning in quick pass game. I don't think he does well against speed or in isolation on the edge. He really struggles to gain ground in pass sets, especially in non quick pass sets. To try to counter this speed, he opens himself up and that leads to counters across his face.

That panic can lead to him to have sloppy footwork while crossing his feet and chasing speed rushers up the arc. I just don't think he has that foot quickness and that over-setting is the only way he has shown to play against it. Think he can be 'solid' but I see it always been a limitation in his game because of lack of athleticism and flexibility in his base.

Also for the outside zone he just doesn't have the movement skills to hit a moving target. I would rather see that movement skills and missing in space than someone who can't get there. Again, somewhat making him more of a schematic fit and less upside/versatile player.

He is probably the most technically savvy of the top 5 OTs right now (Wills better in pass atm) especially with his hand usage. Long arms and strong. If you are running a power offense that wants to grind down opponents in the run game and limiting longer developing pass plays he could be an immense tackle.
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 02-12-2020 at 01:47 PM.

I don't agree with that at all. As the combine coverage ramps up, the more talk of Thomas to G or RT becomes common. He's likely the least athletic of the big 5 OTs and is on par with Jones as being the most scheme dependent (Thomas in Gap Jones in Zone). Wirfs G talk comes from some questions about his arm length (which we will know on soon enough) and his over aggressiveness in his sets and lunging, more common place for a G than T.

Thomas' best work is helmet on helmet blocking w/ power and winning in quick pass game. I don't think he does well against speed or in isolation on the edge. He really struggles to gain ground in pass sets, especially in non quick pass sets. To try to counter this speed, he opens himself up and that leads to counters across his face.

That panic can lead to him to have sloppy footwork while crossing his feet and chasing speed rushers up the arc. I just don't think he has that foot quickness and that over-setting is the only way he has shown to play against it. Think he can be 'solid' but I see it always been a limitation in his game because of lack of athleticism and flexibility in his base.

Also for the outside zone he just doesn't have the movement skills to hit a moving target. I would rather see that movement skills and missing in space than someone who can't get there. Again, somewhat making him more of a schematic fit and less upside/versatile player.

He is probably the most technically savvy of the top 5 OTs right now (Wills better in pass atm) especially with his hand usage. Long arms and strong. If you are running a power offense that wants to grind down opponents in the run game and limiting longer developing pass plays he could be an immense tackle.
    Thomas, Becton, Wills, or Wirfs... If you had to take one, who would you take (And try your best to keep your Iowa bias out of it lol)?

Becton is far too large to be considered right now imo.

Wills has the same problem as Wirfs in that neither have played LT. Only Wills has more promise if asked to play that position. Wirfs peaks as a RT, and may end up being a guard.

It just seems to me that Thomas is the best bet for a team drafting a LT.

Thomas, Becton, Wills, or Wirfs... If you had to take one, who would you take (And try your best to keep your Iowa bias out of it lol)?

Becton is far too large to be considered right now imo.

Wills has the same problem as Wirfs in that neither have played LT. Only Wills has more promise if asked to play that position. Wirfs peaks as a RT, and may end up being a guard.

It just seems to me that Thomas is the best bet for a team drafting a LT.
    Wills or Wirfs.

Wills would have played LT if Tua was a righty
    Wirfs would have played LT if Alaric Jackson could play RT (similar to Tyron Smith playing RT for USC because Matt Kalil couldn't play RT)

With the NFL Combine just two weeks away, it's time to really start digging into these prospects. No better way to begin then a primer discussing the top tier talent that might be available for the #Broncos at the 15th overall selection.

A 2020 NFL Draft Non-Quarterback Top 25 Big Board and my first Big Board rendition of the season.

It's Draft Season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft...2020-nfl-draft
    The answers are here

NIcki Jhabvala just published this article this morning.
    Family Feud: Bowlens pick sides in the battle for control of the Denver Broncos
    A Must Read on the power grab facing the Broncos' and their future ownership
    I copy and pasted the article onto a google doc so you can read w/o a subscription.
    Too important to not have available.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Wills or Wirfs.

Wills would have played LT if Tua was a righty
    Wirfs would have played LT if Alaric Jackson could play RT (similar to Tyron Smith playing RT for USC because Matt Kalil couldn't play RT)
    Eh I think you're being a little too optimistic about Wirfs potential at LT

I don't love Fulton at 15. Also some worries he has a very concerning shoulder issue.

The offense has a nice young core emerging

Lock?
    Sutton
    Fant?
    Risner
    Lindsay

That's a really good quintet of young players on the O. I would keep attacking that.

On D it's Von, Chubb, Simmons. MAYBE Johnson but this team really could use a difference maker at CB. Sounds like they will be attacking Byron Jones.
    I don't understand. In your first Broncos top 50, Fulton was your #13 and the 2nd CB overall.

Now in this link (btw, thanks for the link - really enjoyed the article!)

The answers are here

Fulton is your #17 and still your 2nd CB.

And yet, you "don't love" Fulton at 15. Is that because you are hoping one of your higher ranked (lower #) players will be there at 15? .............or since Okudah will certainly be gone, are you hoping that CB is resolved through free agency?

Who do you want at 15?

NIcki Jhabvala just published this article this morning.
    Family Feud: Bowlens pick sides in the battle for control of the Denver Broncos
    A Must Read on the power grab facing the Broncos' and their future ownership
    I copy and pasted the article onto a google doc so you can read w/o a subscription.
    Too important to not have available.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    You're my hero for doing that lol

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I don't understand. In your first Broncos top 50, Fulton was your #13 and the 2nd CB overall.

Now in this link (btw, thanks for the link - really enjoyed the article!)

Fulton is your #17 and still your 2nd CB.

And yet, you "don't love" Fulton at 15. Is that because you are hoping one of your higher ranked (lower #) players will be there at 15? .............or since Okudah will certainly be gone, are you hoping that CB is resolved through free agency?

Who do you want at 15?
    Well since the Broncos don't have a need at QB, there's no QB listed on Doc's big board. So Fulton is 17 on the big board, but with at least 3 QB's expected to be drafted before Denver's pick, that drops Fulton to at least pick 20 in the actual draft... In Doc's opinion. So if you have a player that you don't believe should go before pick 20, drafting him at 15 is a little reach.

The answers are here
    You've got Wirfs not only as the highest lineman on your draft board, but you've got him as number 5 overall? Yikes, that's bold! Lol

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast