Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 232
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,994
    ^Cy, tell me this can happen.

    We still have room to add a CB (Bryon Jones anyone?), and other under the radar type pickups while resigning Justin Simmons too..

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,264
    Todd McShay's latest Mock Draft has the Denver Broncos' selecting one of the more productive wide receivers coming out of the Draft in Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb.

    I breakdown what he would bring to the table and why the pick would make sense for the Broncos.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...B0OYszo2d4nVHg


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    ^Cy, tell me this can happen.

    We still have room to add a CB (Bryon Jones anyone?), and other under the radar type pickups while resigning Justin Simmons too..
    Probably won't see THREE big signings on the DL...

    Hoping for Wolfe and a A-/B level 5 tech type.


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,264
    The Kansas City Chiefs are Super Bowl Champions. With the likes of Patrick Mahomes, that team isn't going anywhere soon. But does that make the Chiefs the next 'NFL Dynasty' to take the mantle from the New England Patriots?

    Not so fast my friend.

    While the Chiefs are undoubtedly going to be really good for the foreseeable future, the Broncos have the means to challenge them sooner rather than later.

    With a great combination of Cap Space and Draft Capital, a very good young core, and unknown potential and high upside in both the coaching staff and at quarterback, the Broncos can close the gap on Kansas City if they play their cards right and have a bit of luck to boot and revolt against Kansas City.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...west-dominance


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I have a man crush on the idea of putting Delpit in Fangio's defense. Not the biggest need, sure, but a year from now it's going to be a bigger need when KJ's deal is up and he's well into his 30's. Tell me why I'm right and/or wrong
    Yeah if it wasn't for him being too shy to tackle and if Isaiah Simmons comes anywhere close to the 15th spot I think Elway may have a heart attack before he can get the card up. Wirfs is a possibility also with teams seeing him more as a guard, he is on the ground allot so teams might avoid him.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    So, it sounds like we're double dipping at WR in the draft..2 in the top 100 the rumor..

    Not exactly opposed to that option. With Shurmur, WR's are of utmost priority. Plenty of talent to be had in that position group in this draft.

    My thing is.....are we settling DL in FA then? Cause I'm, to no surprise whatsoever, am looking at IDL (Kinlaw) at 15.


    My dream scenario......resign Wolfe...pick up D.J Reader (one of the big "splashes" in FA) AND Calais campbell (banking on his Denver roots and a lower deal to come back home to finish his career)....AND draft Kinlaw with the 15th pick.


    So Campbell, a hopeful spike in production in Dre'Mont Jones, and Kinlaw rotating in the interior...with Kinlaw and Campbell able to play 5 tech in bigger packages.....while we have Von/Chubb on the outside.


    LETHAL!
    I still want to trade back to #25 and pick up another 2nd rounder.
    What if we did that and took the #3 IDL (per PFF) Jordan Elliott at #25? It would give us a beast in the middle AND get us another 2nd round pick.

    Cy, do you know anything about Jordan Elliott?

    https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-...rior-defenders

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I still want to trade back to #25 and pick up another 2nd rounder.
    What if we did that and took the #3 IDL (per PFF) Jordan Elliott at #25? It would give us a beast in the middle AND get us another 2nd round pick.

    Cy, do you know anything about Jordan Elliott?

    https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-...rior-defenders
    We're going to have 12 picks in the draft... We need to get rid of a few of them. Not add more lol

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Branching off my previous post, I'd expect Elway to be aggressive in the draft and trade up more than trade down. I think any trade down that he does will be for picks for next year's draft. I'm not saying we'll trade up in the first round (Although it wouldn't shock me), but I really don't believe Elway will be interested in trading down from 15... Unless it's a premium pick for next season

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    We're going to have 12 picks in the draft... We need to get rid of a few of them. Not add more lol
    Maybe, maybe not. There was an article on Migh High Huddle (link below) which argues that draft picks are quite the crap shoot and the more picks you make the greater your chances of getting keepers/starters/difference makers to help the team.
    Besides, I am not sure that there is a significant difference between Kinlaw at 15 vs. Elliott at 25; and, when we add in getting another 2nd round pick, it seems like a great deal. Last year, in the 2nd round, we got Risner & Lock. Although it is still early, they both look like they will be significant players for many years and were great picks.
    If Elliott is close to the same player Kinlaw is, then the opportunity to get another Lock/Risner caliber player is huge.
    And, our last 2 drafts have been really good, so I want to assume a really good pick will be made with the additional 2nd rounder.

    If we really want to get rid of picks, then we can use them in trades for players in FA or to move up in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I think that is where we will get maximum value for our picks.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...of-draft-picks

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. There was an article on Migh High Huddle (link below) which argues that draft picks are quite the crap shoot and the more picks you make the greater your chances of getting keepers/starters/difference makers to help the team.
    Besides, I am not sure that there is a significant difference between Kinlaw at 15 vs. Elliott at 25; and, when we add in getting another 2nd round pick, it seems like a great deal. Last year, in the 2nd round, we got Risner & Lock. Although it is still early, they both look like they will be significant players for many years and were great picks.
    If Elliott is close to the same player Kinlaw is, then the opportunity to get another Lock/Risner caliber player is huge.
    And, our last 2 drafts have been really good, so I want to assume a really good pick will be made with the additional 2nd rounder.

    If we really want to get rid of picks, then we can use them in trades for players in FA or to move up in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I think that is where we will get maximum value for our picks.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...of-draft-picks
    No matter how you slice it, 12 or 13 rookies aren't making the team which is a complete waste of 5 or 6 picks. I HATE the logic of "The draft is a crapshoot so let's throw away picks".

    And Kinlaw may not be much better than Elliott (I don't necessarily agree with you on that assessment lol) but you're pigeon holing yourself into one position to make your argument. The fact is at 15 there's several ways we could go... Ruggs or Wirfs are obvious potential options. Maybe Lamb falls a bit.

    On top of that, I've seen plenty of mocks where Elliott would still be available for us at our second round pick. If we really like the guy, we could draft bpa at 15 and trade up in the second to take Elliott. I haven't really seen Elliott going in the first round at all but a lot can change between now and the draft.

    I'm just of the belief that we don't need any more picks and I'd rather go the route of getting a guy like Lamb/Ruggs/Wirfs or Kinlaw and then having the option of going and getting a guy like Elliott instead of drafting Elliott and then expecting to hit on the second round picks to make an immediate impact.
    Last edited by mgjohnson7851; 02-09-2020 at 07:18 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    No matter how you slice it, 12 or 13 rookies aren't making the team

    I agree that 12 or 13 rookies aren't making the team.

    which is a complete waste of 5 or 6 picks.

    I never said they have to pick a player with all 12 or 13 picks.

    I HATE the logic of "The draft is a crapshoot so let's throw away picks".

    I certainly did not say let's throw away picks. On the contrary, I am attempting to make a case for using the picks in the best way possible.

    And Kinlaw may not be much better than Elliott (I don't necessarily agree with you on that assessment lol

    I don't know if there is a small or a big difference or no difference. I am simply raising the possibility that IF there isn't a significant difference, then another 2nd round pick is gold. IF......

    but you're pigeon holing yourself into one position to make your argument. The fact is at 15 there's several ways we could go... Ruggs or Wirfs are obvious potential options. Maybe Lamb falls a bit.

    I'm not pigeon holed because I never said we HAVE TO trade back. We took Chubb instead of trading back; we could do that again. For example, if Isaiah Simmons was somehow there (I realize he won't be), I would be ecstatic.

    On top of that, I've seen plenty of mocks where Elliott would still be available for us at our second round pick. If we really like the guy, we could draft bpa at 15 and trade up in the second to take Elliott. I haven't really seen Elliott going in the first round at all but a lot can change between now and the draft.

    Totally agree with you on this.

    I'm just of the belief that we don't need any more picks and I'd rather go the route of getting a guy like Lamb/Ruggs/Wirfs or Kinlaw and then having the option of going and getting a guy like Elliott instead of drafting Elliott and then expecting to hit on the second round picks to make an immediate impact.

    I mostly agree, however, if an opportunity presents itself, and the obvious guys to pick at 15 are all gone, then I still think trading back can certainly make sense. We have a LOT of needs right now, albeit before free agency....WR, OL X 2, ILB, CB, IDL

    I don't know what we do with a bunch of 7th round picks. They have almost no trade value, therefore we might as well 'take a flyer' on some guys who could be the next CHJ or Phillip Lindsay or Rod Smith or Tyler Polumbus or Malik Reed, etc (undrafted guys)....yes, it's a long shot, but it could happen. And we are getting them before the mad rush to sign undrafted free agents when the draft ends.
    https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
    Last edited by dbronco; 02-10-2020 at 10:31 AM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,264
    If you are trading down this season, you are likely adding 2021 capital because as MGJ has discussed, it isn't a great use of resources to be cutting multiple Day 3 kind of guys. Dever is already scheduled to have the most players under contract of any team in the NFL. And for an organization that prides itself on finding gems at UDFA, that many picks means UDFAs will not only be dissuaded from signing w/ Denver but unlikely to make the team.

    Could see them trade down and then be aggressive day 2 as well. Completely dependent on how board falls and what teams are offering to trade up.


  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,994
    Also, don't be surprised if Elway uses some draft picks to nab a vet. FA will paint us a better picture but we really do have the luxury to do just about anything this off-season.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,264
    With the NFL Combine just two weeks away, it's time to really start digging into these prospects. No better way to begin then a primer discussing the top tier talent that might be available for the #Broncos at the 15th overall selection.

    A 2020 NFL Draft Non-Quarterback Top 25 Big Board and my first Big Board rendition of the season.

    It's Draft Season.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft...2020-nfl-draft


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    21,477
    What if Andrew Thomas slides a little as teams grapple for QB's? I'd be all for him... We'd still likely need to trade up, but if he's there at like pick ten? I'm down.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •