Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Elway said today that because of all the moving parts and how spread apart each front office is, that there may not be many trades this year. So we'll see if we actually trade.
    Smoke...

Definitely possible we don't see many trades....but we will see some trades. We have 10 picks...no way Elway is going to keep all of those picks. He won't bluntly say "we're trading up in the first round." The price goes higher with that..

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Woody Paige dropped an interesting tidbit....he believes the broncos can go up as high as 8 (or 10) to nab Jeudy...

Maann....I guess it depends on what we give up but trading up for a WR doesn't sit well with me. The WR's that we're getting are not the problem...just the price we're bound to give up.

Need these pieces to build that roster....thoughts?
    LOL! You all know what I think.
    I wasn't in favor of Bradley Chubb. Yes, he is awesome and a total stud. I love watching him play. But, even if he didn't tear his ACL, his impact wouldn't have been tremendous with the holes we have and lack of depth.
    I am a broken record, but I want to trade down, get a another second rounder, and probably trade up in the third and maybe back into the second.
    One more phenomenal stud is not going to push us over the top.
    Those are my thoughts and I could be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Smoke...

Definitely possible we don't see many trades....but we will see some trades. We have 10 picks...no way Elway is going to keep all of those picks. He won't bluntly say "we're trading up in the first round." The price goes higher with that..
    Yeah the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that all these rumors of Denver trading up are surfacing. Elway probably knows it's going to be difficult to trade during the draft and wants a framework for a trade laid out prior to it starting.

Yes I know the only real value of a Mock Draft is to mock the mocker...
    Alas here I am to be made fun of lol
    My second and final Denver Broncos Seven Round Mock Draft of the Year.
    Here's to hoping Elway and the Broncos nail it this week. https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ft-version-7-0

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Yes I know the only real value of a Mock Draft is to mock the mocker...
    Alas here I am to be made fun of lol
    My second and final Denver Broncos Seven Round Mock Draft of the Year.
    Here's to hoping Elway and the Broncos nail it this week. https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ft-version-7-0
    I donít see anything to make fun of. Definitely would love to see this.

My final pre-draft piece of the year looking at the #Broncos options in the first round.

Stand pat, trade down, or trade up?

What are the best options for Denver and how can the multitude of scenarios play out for Elway on Thursday Night?

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-down-trade-up

My plan if I were the Broncos:
    Trade back from #15 with the Vikings. We get #25 in the 1st and #58 in the second.

At #25 I was thinking Josh Jones because of the article Cy posted about how OT's generally have better odds of turning out when picked in the first round. But, OT is not a true position of need for us (fingers crossed Bolles & James hold down their positions). It would be great to get one for the future, but that is a luxury we don't have this year. And Elway seems to always think "win now".
    Then I thought WR, but the class is deep, so not WR. Get a WR with #46.
    Ruiz is possible, but we should be able to get a good C with #58.
    We don't truly need IDL at #25 either for this year.

So that leaves Patrick Queen (or Kenneth Murray) at #25. It seems like a position where need meets up with talent and we have danced around this dilemma for years. Perhaps we could finally cover RBs & TEs. Of course, I love Isaiah Simmons....but that seems out of reach at #15 and not worth the cost of trading up to actually land the guy.

#46 = WR Reagor or Mims or ??...........and, if the supply is running low, then trade back up to make sure we get a great WR.
    C with #58....or again, perhaps trade up to make sure we get a good one, but we shouldn't have to.
    Reevaluate after day 2 if all goes as planned....of course reevaluate after day 1 also.

Well there goes Ruggs to the ****ing Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Well there goes Ruggs to the ****ing Raiders
    Yeah Iím hurt.

Donít get me wrong though, the draft played out in Denverís favor with Lamb and Juedy on the board

I'm stoked that we got Jeudy!!!

Well hot diggity...we stood pat and still was able to get 1 of the big 3....even had our choice with Lamb still there as well.

Raiders getting Ruggs is whatever..they were bound to get a good WR with where they were picking.

The growing concern was NONE of the big 3 would be there and we had to trade up to get one.

Threat avoided. Tonight was a win on any account. Jeudy is the most polished WR in the draft. He's the ideal fit for Shurmur's offense and the ideal compliment to Sutton.

Big time get, men.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Love the Jeudy pick. Part of me was hoping only 1 was left on the board at that point so we don't have to watch Lamb and wonder.

Whats everyone thinking for today? If McKinney or Delpit drop to us is that the way to go? Whats the first run on a position, OL, WR, CB?

The Denver Broncos took care of one of their biggest 'needs' on their roster at wide receiver with the first round selection of Alabama's Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy compliments the likes of Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant perfectly and gives Drew Lock another shiny toy to play with going forward.

However, John Elway's work isn't done yet.

With Day Two of the NFL Draft set to kickoff today, what are the remaining biggest holes on the Broncos' current roster? A quick look at the board and how it aligns with Denver's biggest needs:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...day-2-revealed

Round one is in the books and the Denver Broncos got a GOOD one in standing pat and selecting Jerry Jeudy with the 15th overall pick.

However there is far more that makes up the NFL Draft than the first round. With ample talent still available, who should John Elway and the Broncos look to draft Round Two at the 46th overall pick?

I breakdown eight of my favorite prospect fits for the Broncos left on the board as we enter Day Two of the NFL Draft.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft...2-of-nfl-draft

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast