Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Thinking the double dip in WR's is a decent bet. I think it's pretty safe to say that if one of the big 3 WR's are there at 15..we jump at it.

I do, now, believe CB/DB is very much in play with these higher picks...how we'll pick it will depend on how the board falls.
    On my drive into work today the morning show said that Albert Beer has heard that the Buccs, Broncos, and Panthers all want to trade up in the draft.

If we do trade up, it's got to be for an offensive lineman imo

I would think it would be for Ruggs...which I wouldn't be a fan of either considering how loaded this class is.

I don't like the idea of giving up major draft capital to get a OL.

Far more likely to trade back into the 1st round instead of trading up from 15th.

It is lying season though.

I sure hope we don't trade up in the first. We are still not a team with only one or two holes to fill (even though it could be a truly elite player in the 1st) - free agency didn't change much to close all our holes, although I think FA was definitely successful.
    Seems like we still need OL, WR, DL, LB, and CB.
    I still want to move back in the first and get another 2nd. And then move up in the 3rd and maybe even back into the 2nd.
    I want guys like Josh Jones / Ruiz / Cushenberry, Jalen Reagor or someone like that, Patrick Queen or Kenneth Murray or..??, AJ Epenesa / Kinlaw (i know he'll be gone but he is there in some mocks) / ??, and whatever CBs Fangio likes.

Six guys-
    1 OL
    1 WR
    1 LB
    1 DL
    2 CBs

I would love to see Cy's latest Broncos-specific big board.
    Last edited by dbronco; 04-14-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Albright thinks one of the big 3 WR will be there at 15. Then that's basically who we're going with.

Stand pat gentlemen. We'll nab us a good one.

Albright thinks one of the big 3 WR will be there at 15. Then that's basically who we're going with.

Stand pat gentlemen. We'll nab us a good one.
    Yeah he thinks 4 QB's will go in the top 15, but I don't buy it. I don't think Love goes that high. If there's anything to be learned from last year's draft, it's that the mocksters are over valuing QB's. Last year there were some mocks with Lock going as high as 2 to the Raiders. Plenty had him going to us at pick 10... And we all know where we actually drafted him at lol

The Denver Broncos' Defense has a chance to be one of the better ones in the entire league come 2020. Despite the talent on all three levels, the secondary still remains a projection.
    While on paper the corner back position seems like the obvious area of weakness on this defense, could safety be an area to help negate some of their coverage concerns heading into the draft?
    With Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons already on the roster that answer would appear to be 'no', but a closer look at NFL trends and Vic Fangio's defensive usage in the past, perhaps that third safety is more of a need than meets the eye.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-talking-about

Fangio seems to be ahead of the curve in this transformation of defenses. He'll definitely be dabbling in the 6 DB look...and finding a swiss army knife as a piece for the secondary will be on his radar. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that is the route we take.

Really liking the feel our Broncos have going into this draft. We're loaded in experience/coaching on both sides of the ball and Elway and his draft philosophies have been getting better these past few years....so it almost feels like whatever route we end up taking...we'll be okay....but the proof is in the pudding. 1 more week.

Woody Paige dropped an interesting tidbit....he believes the broncos can go up as high as 8 (or 10) to nab Jeudy...

Maann....I guess it depends on what we give up but trading up for a WR doesn't sit well with me. The WR's that we're getting are not the problem...just the price we're bound to give up.

Need these pieces to build that roster....thoughts?

Woody Paige dropped an interesting tidbit....he believes the broncos can go up as high as 8 (or 10) to nab Jeudy...

Maann....I guess it depends on what we give up but trading up for a WR doesn't sit well with me. The WR's that we're getting are not the problem...just the price we're bound to give up.

Need these pieces to build that roster....thoughts?
    I love Ruggs and said it before. But depending on draft capital, I would even prefer trading back before trading up. Elway has had a ton of success with it.

Trading down and nabbing CJ Henderson than trading up into the late first to nab Justin Jefferson or Mims. I would love it as equally as not trading up to get Ruggs.

If we're able to get Jeudy, I'm all for it. Dude is a monster!

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    If we're able to get Jeudy, I'm all for it. Dude is a monster!
    I donít think you can go wrong with any of the top 3 WRís. And to be honest the top 6 depending how your board falls.

Trading up for a WR in such a loaded class makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I donít think you can go wrong with any of the top 3 WRís. And to be honest the top 6 depending how your board falls.

Trading up for a WR in such a loaded class makes no sense to me.
    Jeudy to me is the safest pick in the draft so I wouldn't mind it. I personally feel that there's a decent drop in talent after the top 3.

Depends on how you define talent. This draft is loaded with talent at WR. You'll find them in all rounds. If you want an upper tier/WR1..you can't go wrong with any of the big 3.

Jeudy is probably the best fit for Shurmur's scheme. Elite separation and route running as your trademark bodes very well in the NFL level.

I can't help but remember Kliz statement of that "curveball" that could happen. We may not trade up for a WR if a stalwart defensive player falls...

Crazy to say it's still kinda too early to tell...the board has to fall a certain way.

Guess I need to mentally prepare myself for this trade up. I know we're going to trade these picks regardless, considering we have 10, but I hope we nail these returns.

Depends on how you define talent. This draft is loaded with talent at WR. You'll find them in all rounds. If you want an upper tier/WR1..you can't go wrong with any of the big 3.

Jeudy is probably the best fit for Shurmur's scheme. Elite separation and route running as your trademark bodes very well in the NFL level.

I can't help but remember Kliz statement of that "curveball" that could happen. We may not trade up for a WR if a stalwart defensive player falls...

Crazy to say it's still kinda too early to tell...the board has to fall a certain way.

Guess I need to mentally prepare myself for this trade up. I know we're going to trade these picks regardless, considering we have 10, but I hope we nail these returns.
    Elway said today that because of all the moving parts and how spread apart each front office is, that there may not be many trades this year. So we'll see if we actually trade.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast