Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Now, basically is scheme fits/BPA/upside picks.

Look for us to nab a DB or two (I have a crush on Amik Robertson...). Yes, I believe we'll target a LB (look for Troy Dye....I'll take DAvis Gaither as well but feeling Dye..). Wouldn't shock me to see a NT...not ideal but Fotu is there.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    At first glance...Hamler at 46 I thought was a little too high.....but, by the grace of the football gods, us nabbing Cushenberry at 83 (who I thought was in strong consideration of us getting at 46) basically cancels all that out in my mind.

No way Hamler would of lasted till 83...so the order doesn't matter when you STILL get the two players you're coveting. Luck? Sure...but that's in every draft. Bottom line we got two awesome pieces that are in line to start.

Every draft has a coach's pick written all over it. Michael Ojemudia is it for Fangio. I'll have to give way to Cy and his Iowa-ness to scope that out but I do have confidence that Fangio knows DB's. System pick it is.

Now, the broncos have a plan with the McTelvin Agim pick. I'm going to get this out of the way but I'm typically bullish on IDL picks that have an upside in pass rushing. And that's exactly with Agim is. He'll need at least a year to get that NFL strength/body but this is back to back years Fangio and company have invested a 3rd round pick that has more pass rushing chops than anything else..and that pass rushing comes from the interior.

I think very highly of Dre'Mont Jones and he started to show flashes by the end of the year...Agim will hopefully follow that same route. His get off and burst is enticing but he's a little bit raw and definitely on the raw side.

We clearly have a goal and objective in mind to develop those IDL prospects to collapse the pocket to counter Mahomes. I'm for it.
    I was very high on Dre'Mont Jones because I watched him make so many plays for the Buckeyes the years he was there. Under the radar, but a playmaker nonetheless.

With regard to McTelvin Agim, I saw his NFL comp was none other than Dre'Mont Jones - which gave me some comfort.

Then I saw this, link below, Agim was the #20 overall national player and #3 SDE coming out of high school. Wow. I had no idea!

https://247sports.com/Player/McTelvin-Agim-34545/

At first glance...Hamler at 46 I thought was a little too high.....but, by the grace of the football gods, us nabbing Cushenberry at 83 (who I thought was in strong consideration of us getting at 46) basically cancels all that out in my mind.

No way Hamler would of lasted till 83...so the order doesn't matter when you STILL get the two players you're coveting. Luck? Sure...but that's in every draft. Bottom line we got two awesome pieces that are in line to start.

Every draft has a coach's pick written all over it. Michael Ojemudia is it for Fangio. I'll have to give way to Cy and his Iowa-ness to scope that out but I do have confidence that Fangio knows DB's. System pick it is.

Now, the broncos have a plan with the McTelvin Agim pick. I'm going to get this out of the way but I'm typically bullish on IDL picks that have an upside in pass rushing. And that's exactly with Agim is. He'll need at least a year to get that NFL strength/body but this is back to back years Fangio and company have invested a 3rd round pick that has more pass rushing chops than anything else..and that pass rushing comes from the interior.

I think very highly of Dre'Mont Jones and he started to show flashes by the end of the year...Agim will hopefully follow that same route. His get off and burst is enticing but he's a little bit raw and definitely on the raw side.

We clearly have a goal and objective in mind to develop those IDL prospects to collapse the pocket to counter Mahomes. I'm for it.
    yeah honestly I wasn't loving the 2nd day till we got cushberry at 83. quite a few mock drafts had him going in the 2nd so if you told me cush went at 46 and the other guys went later it would look way better. You can talk me into what happened yesterday, but I don't get a TE in the 4th though.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    yeah honestly I wasn't loving the 2nd day till we got cushberry at 83. quite a few mock drafts had him going in the 2nd so if you told me cush went at 46 and the other guys went later it would look way better. You can talk me into what happened yesterday, but I don't get a TE in the 4th though.
    I do not get the TE either. Why?

We have an abundance of TEs.

*Jeff Heuerman $4,375,000
    Noah Fant $2,861,528
    *Nick Vannett $2,125,000
    Jake Butt $900,236
    Troy Fumagalli $820,450
    Austin Fort $611,166

Is he good on special teams? Is it a move to have a lower cost guy and cut higher priced TEs?
    That's the only thing I can figure.
    Is this guy comparable to other, higher priced TEs, we already have?
    This guy will make $610k or something like that.
    We just signed Nick Vannett at $2.1M for 2020 and we have Heuerman at $4.375M for 2020.
    Are we saving cap money and going to cut one or both of those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post

*Jeff Heuerman$4,375,000
    Noah Fant$2,861,528
    *Nick Vannett$2,125,000
    Jake Butt$900,236
    Troy Fumagalli$820,450
    Austin Fort $611,166

Is he good on special teams? Is it a move to have a lower cost guy and cut higher priced TEs?
    We just signed Nick Vannett at $2.1M for 2020 and we have Heuerman at $4.375M for 2020.
    Heuerman can be cut with only $500k in dead cap. He won't be on the team

Noah Fant $2,861,528
    *Nick Vannett $2,125,000
    Jake Butt $900,236
    Troy Fumagalli $820,450
    Austin Fort $611,166

Watch his film. Much like Fant he is a tough cover in the seam. Top vertical speed for a 6’5” guy. Not a good blocker now. But he has good hands and anytime the ball is in his radius he gets it. Jeff is a cut at this point. Jake can’t do what Albert can.

You will like this kid. Good hands, fast tight end, excelled against good competition and has the tools to become more polished in every aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Watch his film. Much like Fant he is a tough cover in the seam. Top vertical speed for a 6’5” guy. Not a good blocker now. But he has good hands and anytime the ball is in his radius he gets it. Jeff is a cut at this point. Jake can’t do what Albert can.

You will like this kid. Good hands, fast tight end, excelled against good competition and has the tools to become more polished in every aspect of the game.
    I am really intrigued - and happy that he has his speed and is a good football player. It never ceases to amaze me how some 'big names' aren't as talented as guys I've never heard of. I really look forward to having this guy on the team..........and it doesn't hurt that we will be saving some decent cap money.

Big fan of day 3. High upside guys on day 3, all fell for one reason or another.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus

Noah Fant $2,861,528
    *Nick Vannett $2,125,000
    Jake Butt $900,236
    Troy Fumagalli $820,450
    Austin Fort $611,166

This is a Julius Thomas type of draft pick, personally I'm a big fan of it.

I'd be shocked if Heuerman, and even Butt are still on the team come week 1

Lmao we signed LeVante Bellamy as a UDFA... Bye bye Royce. Bellamy will make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    This is a Julius Thomas type of draft pick, personally I'm a big fan of it.

I'd be shocked if Heuerman, and even Butt are still on the team come week 1
    Funny that you mention that comparison. Because it's almost the perfect comparison on every level. From size, stature, athleticism, skill-set, to weaknesses.

Seriously, teams were weary on picking him because they felt he wanted to be a doctor more than playing football...so they question his commitment to the game. Now, if that doesn't scream Orange Julius...I don't know what does.

The biggest difference is experience. Julius Thomas was a bit of a high upside project..Albert O has more playing experience.

The bottom line here (and the main reason I'm okay with it)....this is Drew Lock's boy. He was his favorite target at Missouri and a close friend...he's not here to be THE guy..he's here to give Lock yet another weapon...and this one he is very familiar with because they both have quite a bit of production together.

I'm not going to talk myself into us "needing" this pick...because we didn't...but who says we can't have more luxuries on offense?? We have two freak athletes at TE now that have proven production at their respective positions.

The smarter draft guys say his game is really not all that and a bag of chips (as in he doesn't play as fast as he ran at combine) but I don't think you can overstate the value of chemistry and familiarity. Lock KNOWS this kid...and he KNOWS Lock...the hook ups should come as natural as breathing for them...which means instant production for the Broncos.

More of a luxury pick....but **** it...we're giving Lock all the weapons.

Day 3 was interesting.

Albert O...Drew Lock pick in every sense. Once you wrap yourself around that notion...it'll lessen the sting. Not ideal...or needed...but if it helps transform us into an upper tier type offense. **** it and roll with it.

Justin Strnad- We finally got our coverage LB!!! His best trait is range and he looks the part of a natural zone coverage defender. Tackling may be an issue early on...so expect him to develop for a few years...but the coverage ability is definitely there. Folks seem rather positive on this pick...I believe Mase Denver called him a steal..

Muti could be a huge get. Huge health concerns with the amounts of injuries he has had...but the skill set/talent is there. PFF loves him...already have a former Steeler guard saying that Munchak is going to develop the hell out of him...and consensus is, if he stays healthy, we have a guy that will force his way into the starting lineup in a few years. About as no risk to all reward as you can have it.

Cleveland just another WR for depth and competition...we have a metric **** ton of them.

Tuszka looks like a lot of fun. Can never go wrong stacking up edge rushing talent and can already tell he'll win the hearts of many bronco fans.

Tuszka’s times/results in the 40-yard dash, veritcal jump, broad jump and short shuttle all finish 7th or better in the Combine’s group of defensive linemen. Tuszka’s three-cone time, a drill often used to measure bend for potential pass rushers, was in the top ten for any defensive lineman tested since 2006.

As for UDFA's....the RB LeVante Bellamy and CB Essang are ones to watch to make this roster.

Day 3 was interesting.

Albert O...Drew Lock pick in every sense. Once you wrap yourself around that notion...it'll lessen the sting. Not ideal...or needed...but if it helps transform us into an upper tier type offense. **** it and roll with it.

Justin Strnad- We finally got our coverage LB!!! His best trait is range and he looks the part of a natural zone coverage defender. Tackling may be an issue early on...so expect him to develop for a few years...but the coverage ability is definitely there. Folks seem rather positive on this pick...I believe Mase Denver called him a steal..

Muti could be a huge get. Huge health concerns with the amounts of injuries he has had...but the skill set/talent is there. PFF loves him...already have a former Steeler guard saying that Munchak is going to develop the hell out of him...and consensus is, if he stays healthy, we have a guy that will force his way into the starting lineup in a few years. About as no risk to all reward as you can have it.

Cleveland just another WR for depth and competition...we have a metric **** ton of them.

Tuszka looks like a lot of fun. Can never go wrong stacking up edge rushing talent and can already tell he'll win the hearts of many bronco fans.

As for UDFA's....the RB LeVante Bellamy and CB Essang are ones to watch to make this roster.
    I don't get why people don't like the Albert O pick. Heuerman won't make the team, and Vannett is our blocking TE. We don't have much behind that and he was only a fourth round pick. Everyone loved when we drafted Jake Butt and he was only taken 27 spots behind Albert. It's the type of pick that is gravy if it works out, but doesn't hurt you if it doesn't work out.

As for Bellamy, I'm a big fan of that signing. I think he's going to turn a lot of heads in training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't get why people don't like the Albert O pick. Heuerman won't make the team, and Vannett is our blocking TE. We don't have much behind that and he was only a fourth round pick. Everyone loved when we drafted Jake Butt and he was only taken 27 spots behind Albert. It's the type of pick that is gravy if it works out, but doesn't hurt you if it doesn't work out.

As for Bellamy, I'm a big fan of that signing. I think he's going to turn a lot of heads in training camp.
    We loved the Jake Butt pick because we were in desperate need of a TE and he was an esteemed player.

We didn't need Albert O...we got a bunch of TE's on the roster and you figure with the amount of 3 WR looks...we won't have many snaps for a 3rd TE..the 2nd TE would be lucky to get a decent chunk.

We could of allocated those resources to another position. So basically it's about value to team need.

As stated, i don't mind the pick after the preliminary confusion. Hats off to Elway for doing everything he can to give Lock PLENTY of weapons....and plenty of toys for Shurmur to utilize.

If we're not scoring.....something went terribly terribly wrong.

This offense is still going to be hella young....but that shouldn't prevent us from seeing a significant change in the scoring department.

Bellamy has got Phillip Lindsay vibes all over him. The dude is ****in jitterbug out there. I hope we're not trying to get rid of phil man.....but yea Freeman is gone. He's redundant with Gordon here..not even close to being as good as him.

Again, Essang is one to definitely keep an eye on. Nickel CB competition is wide open and Fangio has basically already hinted that it doesn't matter if you're a rook or not...if you can play it well..you will play.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast