Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Love the Jeudy pick. Part of me was hoping only 1 was left on the board at that point so we don't have to watch Lamb and wonder.

Whats everyone thinking for today? If McKinney or Delpit drop to us is that the way to go? Whats the first run on a position, OL, WR, CB?
    I think Jeudy is the best receiver in the class so I'm thrilled to get him. I think Ruggs would have been a great Tyreek Hill type player for us, but if one player's ceiling is Antonio Brown minus the headache, and the other player's ceiling is Tyreek Hill, I'll take the former every day.

Woody Paige has some serious connections in the front office and this is what he tweeted:

https://twitter.com/woodypaige/statu...474767366?s=19

I really like Jones, Fulton, Cushenberry, and Wilson... If we can get a couple of those tonight, I'm absolutely thrilled with the draft

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Well hot diggity...we stood pat and still was able to get 1 of the big 3....even had our choice with Lamb still there as well.

Raiders getting Ruggs is whatever..they were bound to get a good WR with where they were picking.

The growing concern was NONE of the big 3 would be there and we had to trade up to get one.

Threat avoided. Tonight was a win on any account. Jeudy is the most polished WR in the draft. He's the ideal fit for Shurmur's offense and the ideal compliment to Sutton.

Big time get, men.
    I agree. I was willing to trade up for Jeudy so the fact that we got him without trading up is awesome.

It's going to suck playing against Hill and Ruggs 4 times a year but at least Carr doesn't throw deep lol

If you are bored tonight watching the NFL Draft and want some #Broncos specific Draft Banter, join me and the rest of the Mile High Huddle Drafters to discuss Day 2!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7b...SaiSznPXZVbwEw

We will be going live on Youtube (link) as well as Twitch and Periscope.

With four picks in today's two rounds and lots of talk Denver could be aggressive and be moving around, tonight should be fun.

What? I totally did not take BK's post seriously that we would double dip on WRs. Wow.

I like the pick. Donít love it, but if we want to be a more aggressive offensive you need a guy that can blow the top off the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I like the pick. Donít love it, but if we want to be a more aggressive offensive you need a guy that can blow the top off the defense.
    This is how I feel. I also thought we needed another wr because Hamilton sucks so we needed a slot receiver

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This is how I feel. I also thought we needed another wr because Hamilton sucks so we needed a slot receiver
    Man! This tells me all I need to know about what the Broncos think of Lock. They are arming him to the hilt.

I watched KJ Hamler burn the Buckeyes two years ago. He was GONE in a streak on a simple over the middle crossing route (just like DT against the Steelers in the playoffs).

Not a fan, but from schematic prospective he fits Fangios system

Michael Ojemudia. Well, we kept wondering about whether the Broncos were going to sign Prince A.
    Prince A. is the NFL comp for Michael Ojemudia.

I'll trust Fangio with the corner cause I've never heard of him lol

LOVE getting Cush at pick 83 though!

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Man! This tells me all I need to know about what the Broncos think of Lock. They are arming him to the hilt.

I watched KJ Hamler burn the Buckeyes two years ago. He was GONE in a streak on a simple over the middle crossing route (just like DT against the Steelers in the playoffs).
    Yeah no kidding lol. If he doesn't succeed, it's all on him

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I'll trust Fangio with the corner cause I've never heard of him lol

LOVE getting Cush at pick 83 though!
    Me too! I was hoping we would get him. I am happy we have a legit center now.

McTelvin Agim DL, ARK.............who? Never heard of him. I was hoping for Akeem Davis-Gaither.
    I am constantly amazed at how much faith we have in Todd Davis - he is obviously better than I think.

In Elway and Fangio I trust.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/vid...-mctelvin-agim
    Last edited by dbronco; 04-24-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    What? I totally did not take BK's post seriously that we would double dip on WRs. Wow.
    This is a historic draft for WR's. Knew we wouldn't just settle for 1..and I definitely wanted more than 1.

I also loved how denver really did their homework on these guys...cause not only are they dangerous football players. They ALL literally complement each other.

Sutton/Jeudy/Hamler are going to work so damn well off each other...and that's what will make this group incredible. All can win 1 on 1's, all can beat you deep, all can beat you intermediate, and all can create separation.

This trio is going to be Bay-Bay/Decker/Welker type thrills.

Tack on that Noah Fant is just chilling as that freakish TE with whoever he's matched up with. This has the makings of a very very special receiving core.

At first glance...Hamler at 46 I thought was a little too high.....but, by the grace of the football gods, us nabbing Cushenberry at 83 (who I thought was in strong consideration of us getting at 46) basically cancels all that out in my mind.

No way Hamler would of lasted till 83...so the order doesn't matter when you STILL get the two players you're coveting. Luck? Sure...but that's in every draft. Bottom line we got two awesome pieces that are in line to start.

Every draft has a coach's pick written all over it. Michael Ojemudia is it for Fangio. I'll have to give way to Cy and his Iowa-ness to scope that out but I do have confidence that Fangio knows DB's. System pick it is.

Now, the broncos have a plan with the McTelvin Agim pick. I'm going to get this out of the way but I'm typically bullish on IDL picks that have an upside in pass rushing. And that's exactly with Agim is. He'll need at least a year to get that NFL strength/body but this is back to back years Fangio and company have invested a 3rd round pick that has more pass rushing chops than anything else..and that pass rushing comes from the interior.

I think very highly of Dre'Mont Jones and he started to show flashes by the end of the year...Agim will hopefully follow that same route. His get off and burst is enticing but he's a little bit raw and definitely on the raw side.

We clearly have a goal and objective in mind to develop those IDL prospects to collapse the pocket to counter Mahomes. I'm for it.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast