Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Holy ****...Shelby Harris really resigned with us for 3.25 max mil deal.

Like...what the ****?? That's a big time assurance move. Shelby may not be a pro bowl caliber player....but teamed up with another talent like Casey/Dre'mont's development...+ the edge duo of Von/Chubb....he could be poised for a massive season.

Ultimately, there was nobody who misplayed his market more than him....but we nabbed him back.
    I am excited that he's back but I feel really bad for him. Benjamin Albright said in his radio show a few nights ago that Harris has a sizable contract offer from the Colts. The framework was there and they were just working on the details. Harris and his agent were so confident that he was going to sign with the Colts, that they turned every other offer they had down (Multiple offers according to Albright). Then the Colts traded for Buckner and pulled their other for Harris. So he didn't really have anywhere to go after that.

He got royally ****ed and hopefully he uses this as motivation to be a beast this year.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Sad to see Wolfe sign with the Ravens, loved that guy as a player. Dline got crowded after the shocking Harris signing so the writing was on the wall, but like CHJ, tough not to have a little attachment to the guy. On that note though, this defense is going to be really really good this year. Purcell, Casey, Harris, and Jones inside of Von and Chubb is going to give QBs nightmares. The secondary is going to be able to play aggressive within 10 yards knowing QBs wont have time to let plays develop. Calling it now, we're going to be top 5 in sacks and INT's.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I am excited that he's back but I feel really bad for him. Benjamin Albright said in his radio show a few nights ago that Harris has a sizable contract offer from the Colts. The framework was there and they were just working on the details. Harris and his agent were so confident that he was going to sign with the Colts, that they turned every other offer they had down (Multiple offers according to Albright). Then the Colts traded for Buckner and pulled their other for Harris. So he didn't really have anywhere to go after that.

He got royally ****ed and hopefully he uses this as motivation to be a beast this year.
    Sounds like he (or his agent...probably both) overplayed their hand.

Never put all your chips on one thing. He did...and got burned. Business lesson.

What's crazy was how he was willing to come back on that amount. Was there no other team that could pony up, say what Wolfe got, for a year??

Regardless, he was clearly paying attention to what was going on in Denver and banked on himself to have a monster year considering he's getting another year in Fangio's system...this time..it's going to be at a position where he's best suited...plus all the talent that will be surrounding him. So he'll look better by default.

A small stepping stone for massive gains for him...and we get an upper tier type group at DL. We can cause some serious problems up front. If Dre'Mont takes that leap...woo boy.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Sad to see Wolfe sign with the Ravens, loved that guy as a player. Dline got crowded after the shocking Harris signing so the writing was on the wall, but like CHJ, tough not to have a little attachment to the guy. On that note though, this defense is going to be really really good this year. Purcell, Casey, Harris, and Jones inside of Von and Chubb is going to give QBs nightmares. The secondary is going to be able to play aggressive within 10 yards knowing QBs wont have time to let plays develop. Calling it now, we're going to be top 5 in sacks and INT's.
    If Elway nabs that CB before the draft (just a matter of time for Prince right??) he had a MONSTER off-season. You can't even fault him for the Gordon signing because he was able to get another starting DL and a CB even with it. So...what is there to ***** about at that point?

I'm so stoked with the pieces we have. As mentioned, still need to invest in a vet DB...hit the draft for another DB(s)...then the biggest question mark on defense honestly would be at ILB. It's been very quiet on that front all off-season long. For Fangio's system to really shine...he needs that stalwart off-ball LB. We don't really have one..just a wait and see what Fangio/Elway can muster up...

What we're also doing is massively improving the depth...something we just didn't have last year. If those dawgs on defense can stay healthy....it could be a dynamic season indeed.

I still remember when Bradley Chubb was, arguably, our best defensive player starting off last year. It took an adjustment period for everyone else but he looked the most natural before his injury.

Plenty to be excited about on that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Sounds like he (or his agent...probably both) overplayed their hand.

Never put all your chips on one thing. He did...and got burned. Business lesson.

What's crazy was how he was willing to come back on that amount. Was there no other team that could pony up, say what Wolfe got, for a year??

Regardless, he was clearly paying attention to what was going on in Denver and banked on himself to have a monster year considering he's getting another year in Fangio's system...this time..it's going to be at a position where he's best suited...plus all the talent that will be surrounding him. So he'll look better by default.

A small stepping stone for massive gains for him...and we get an upper tier type group at DL. We can cause some serious problems up front. If Dre'Mont takes that leap...woo boy.
    Yeah which is weird because his agent is Drew Rosenhaus... He just hired Rosenhaus in January. I'm sure he's not super happy how it all unfolded and you wouldn't expect this to happen with that caliber of an agent.

But I'm guessing he could have gotten more and had better offers on the table. But he wants that BIG payday so I'm sure that's why he came back to Denver. With Casey here, Shelby will be fourth on the list of game wreckers for offenses to plan for. He's going to have a monster year this year... I'd put money on it
    Last edited by mgjohnson7851; 03-29-2020 at 11:59 PM.

It will prove to see if he can be a game wrecker. All the pieces are set for him to flourish. If he's not living in the backfield this upcoming year then he probably never will be.

From Joe Marino of the Draft Network

"I don't understand why Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III isn't universally loved as a prospect.

There are some lazy narratives surrounding him and it's time to dispel those misconceptions"

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...eed-production

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    From Joe Marino of the Draft Network

"I don't understand why Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III isn't universally loved as a prospect.

There are some lazy narratives surrounding him and it's time to dispel those misconceptions"

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...eed-production
    I appreciated and respect MG's response to my concerns about "speed" Ruggs. This article really sealed the deal. Wow! The dude is a big playmaker! Thanks MG and Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I appreciated and respect MG's response to my concerns about "speed" Ruggs. This article really sealed the deal. Wow! The dude is a big playmaker! Thanks MG and Doc!
    Yeah it's a shame that John Ross happened because now whenever a receiver runs really fast everyone will make the comparison lol.

That article was great especially with the clips showing everything that Ruggs can do. But another thing is that when people think of a fast receiver, they only think of him as running a fly. But Ruggs has shown the ability in college to make house calls on simple slants or crossing routes. Get him the ball in the open field, and it's going to be incredibly hard for a safety to take the right angle to get to him. And he's just a good receiver, speed aside lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah it's a shame that John Ross happened because now whenever a receiver runs really fast everyone will make the comparison lol.

That article was great especially with the clips showing everything that Ruggs can do. But another thing is that when people think of a fast receiver, they only think of him as running a fly. But Ruggs has shown the ability in college to make house calls on simple slants or crossing routes. Get him the ball in the open field, and it's going to be incredibly hard for a safety to take the right angle to get to him. And he's just a good receiver, speed aside lol
    Whenever he has the ball in his hands he can take it to the house. Absolute playmaker. There is usually one guy in every draft I desperately want. Last year was Lock, this year it is Ruggs.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Whenever he has the ball in his hands he can take it to the house. Absolute playmaker. There is usually one guy in every draft I desperately want. Last year was Lock, this year it is Ruggs.
    Lol you and I clearly see things similarly. I was desperate to get Lock since early November of 2018.... Wanted him even more after Doc fell in love with him (At one point I believe he was saying Lock was what Stafford would have been if he played at Mizzou lol) because it might have been the first time Doc and I agreed on a QB lol.

Now with Ruggs, he can give us something that we've not had here in a really long time. An instant spark and a true threat to make a house call on any play from multiple looks. Bubble screens, sweeps, short passes, and fly's. That's the extra dimension that this offense has been missing!

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    What are the chances we go WR-WR with our first two picks if someone like Jefferson, Shenault or Higgens fall. Been doing those mock draft simulators lately and have had that scenario occur probably 25-33% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    What are the chances we go WR-WR with our first two picks if someone like Jefferson, Shenault or Higgens fall. Been doing those mock draft simulators lately and have had that scenario occur probably 25-33% of the time.
    Slim. There are bigger needs than a 3rd WR. Interior Oline is one. Secondary is one.

I wouldn't hate it but I kinda feel like they're going to go with a WR round one, and then try to get Biadasz, Ruiz, or Hennessy in round two to play Center.

Klis wrote an article saying the Broncos should try to get another second round pick via trade...I don't know if that's what he thinks or if he's got some insider information. So maybe if that happens, we double dip into the receivers?

Thinking the double dip in WR's is a decent bet. I think it's pretty safe to say that if one of the big 3 WR's are there at 15..we jump at it.

I do, now, believe CB/DB is very much in play with these higher picks...how we'll pick it will depend on how the board falls.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast