Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Denver Broncos 2020 Draft Thread

It's Draft Szn baby. While the PSD Broncos page may be slowing down, I'm here to bring some draft discussion back to brighten ya'lls life lmao

Here is my current top 50 for the Broncos Specifically

# Name Position Team
    1 Chase Young EDGE tOSU
    2 Tristan Wirfs OL IOWA
    3 Derrick Brown IDL AUB
    4 Jeffery Okudah CB tOSU
    5 Jedrick Wills Jr OT ALA
    6 Ceedee Lamb WR OU
    7 Andrew Thomas OT ALA
    8 Jerry Jeudy WR ALA
    9 Henry Ruggs III WR ALA
    10 AJ Epenesa DL IOWA
    11 Isaiah Simmons LB/S/NB CLEM
    12 Javon Kinlaw IDL SCAR
    13 Kristian Fulton CB LSU
    14 Laviska Shenault Jr WR COLO
    15 Trevon Diggs CB ALA
    16 Grant Delpit S LSU
    17 Austin Jackson OT USC
    18 Jalen Reagor WR TCU
    19 Xavier McKinney S/NB ALA
    20 Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    21 Lucas Niang OT TCU
    22 Neville Gallimore DL OU
    23 Kenneth Murray LB OU
    24 KJ Hamler WR PSU
    25 Josh Jones OT HOU
    26 Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE PSU
    27 Mekhi Becton OT LOUIS
    28 Tee Higgins WR CLEM
    29 Isaiah Wilson OT UGA
    30 Tyler Biadasz IOL WISC
    31 Creed Humphrey IOL OU
    32 D'Andre Swift RB UGA
    33 AJ Terrell CB CLEM
    34 Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    35 Jonathan Taylor RB WISC
    36 Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU
    37 DeVonta Smith WR ALA
    38 Raekwon Davis IDL ALA
    39 Travis Etienne RB CLEM
    40 K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU
    41 Paulson Adebo CB STAN
    42 Shane Lemieux OG ORE
    43 Bryce Hall CB VIR
    44 JK Dobbins RB tOSU
    45 CJ Henderson CB FLA
    46 Prince Tega Wanogho OT AUB
    47 Malik Harrison LB tOSU
    48 Trey Adams OT WASH
    49 Jaylon Johnson CB UTAH
    50 Asytn Davis S CAL

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    I have a man crush on the idea of putting Delpit in Fangio's defense. Not the biggest need, sure, but a year from now it's going to be a bigger need when KJ's deal is up and he's well into his 30's. Tell me why I'm right and/or wrong

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I have a man crush on the idea of putting Delpit in Fangio's defense. Not the biggest need, sure, but a year from now it's going to be a bigger need when KJ's deal is up and he's well into his 30's. Tell me why I'm right and/or wrong
    His missed tackle per every 3.6 attempts has me leaning on a hard pass on him atm

Tackling, especially from the safeties, is such a huge component for the Fangio defense. Some defenses try to deny receptions but Fangio's Ds have been ones that will give up receptions and yardage underneath and rely on the back 7 to keep the play in front of them and tackle in the open field. Delpit's tackling is a concern for me. Also people more in the know than myself are saying Delpit is more of a 21-32 overall pick than top 20.

Dane Brugler Top 100 1/7/2020

This year’s wide receiver draft class has historic potential with the volume of pass-catchers who tease impact-level talent. Offensive tackle, cornerback and edge rusher will also be well-represented early in the 2020 NFL Draft.
    But running back is another position that is well-stocked with early round talents for this year’s draft, including a few first-round possibilities. Since I started scouting this class in the summer, Georgia’s D’Andre Swift was my top-rated back and that hadn’t change – until now. He is now my No. 2 running back behind a player that has been too good not to put at my top spot.
    The deadline for underclassmen to declare is Jan. 17 and there are several decisions still pending. However, I did not include a few underclassmen (like QB Jake Fromm and OC Creed Humphrey) who are rumored to be returning to school.
    As always, my rankings are a mix of my own evaluations along with input from a handful of NFL decision-makers, who offer their insight.
    *Indicates draft-eligible underclassmen who have yet to declare
    1. Chase Young, EDGE1, Ohio State (6-5, 266, 4.76)
    Despite not recording a sack in the final three games (Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson), Young was a dominant presence on those game tapes due to his persistent disruption. The Ohio State product started the season as the top player in the country and he ends it the same way. There is a very high chance that Young will soon join former teammates Dwayne Haskins and Terry McLaurin in Washington.
    2. Joe Burrow, QB1, LSU (6-3, 212, 4.88)
    Burrow will be dinged throughout the process for having good, but not great, physical traits (arm strength, size, athleticism). But the rest is near-elite, boasting the accuracy, poise and intangibles that are required to play quarterback at a high level in the NFL. With the No. 1 overall pick, the Bengals shouldn’t overthink this.
    3. Jeffrey Okudah, CB1, Ohio State (6-1, 200, 4.45)
    Entering the season with only one career start and zero interceptions, Okudah was talked about as a possible top-10 pick due to his raw traits, setting the bar almost too high. But he lived up to the lofty expectations, leading the Buckeyes in passes defended (12) and interceptions (three). Okudah’s athletic gifts and mental development are why he is worthy of a top-five pick.
    4. Tua Tagovailoa, QB2, Alabama (6-0, 219, 4.78)
    On the field, Tagovailoa is a dynamic talent with the natural instincts and accuracy to pick apart defenses. However, the durability concerns are a bright red flag, notably his hip injury that is currently an unknown in terms of his long-term outlook. Where Tagovailoa ultimately ends up on this (and every) draft board will depend on the medical feedback at the combine and re-checks.
    5. Jedrick Wills Jr., OT1, Alabama (6-5, 322, 5.28)
    My top-ranked offensive tackle, Wills is a former five-star recruit and put together a strong sophomore season in 2018, meaning he was already on the NFL radar. But he took his game to another level this past season. Wills is an explosive run blocker and ascending pass protector due to his fluid athletic traits to mirror rushers in space.
    6. Derrick Brown, DT1, Auburn (6-4, 325, 5.02)
    At this time last season, Brown was considered a first-round prospect on the rise. He shocked many by deciding to return to Auburn for his senior year, boosting his draft grade from mid-first round pick to potential top-five selection. Not only does Brown have the explosive power desired at the position, but his motor doesn’t have an off button, affecting the game with his effort.
    7. *Isaiah Simmons, LB1, Clemson (6-3, 228, 4.47)
    With his ability to make impact plays at every level of the defense, Simmons has the talent to be an immediate difference-maker if utilized correctly. An every-down player, he is an explosive blitzer with the range to cover every inch of the field.
    8.*Tristan Wirfs, OT2, Iowa (6-5, 320, 5.08)
    While he has some technical issues that need to be cleaned up, Wirfs makes it look easy with his ability to reset on the move and shut down edge rushers. He has the big man twitch and maturity that will appeal to NFL teams during the process.
    9. CeeDee Lamb, WR1, Oklahoma (6-1, 192, 4.48)
    Between Oklahoma’s offensive system and the lack of cornerback talent in the conference, it can be difficult to fully evaluate Big 12 receivers. But Lamb makes it easier with his combination of ball skills, fluidity and football IQ. He starts the process as my WR1 – we’ll see if that changes.
    10. Javon Kinlaw, DT2, South Carolina (6-5, 308, 5.06)
    Entering his senior season as a projected top-20 pick, Kinlaw didn’t disappoint in his final collegiate season and has a legitimate chance to land in the top-10. He looks like an NFL player with his broad-shouldered frame, length and explosive quickness to be a homewrecker on the interior.
    11. Jerry Jeudy, WR2, Alabama (6-1, 195, 4.50)
    Only the second receiver in school history with back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons, Jeudy can run every route in the playbook. He is a very quarterback-friendly target with his ability to separate, making sharp, collected cuts at full speed that defenders can’t match.
    12. Andrew Thomas, OT3, Georgia (6-5, 318, 5.11)
    A blocker with experience at both left and right tackle, Thomas is an athletic big man who finds a way to get the job done. He needs to improve his punch timing and balance to stay off the ground, but he projects as a future NFL starter.
    13. Henry Ruggs III, WR3, Alabama (5-11, 192, 4.32)
    More than anything else, the NFL is looking for speed, which is good news for Ruggs and his 4.3 (maybe 4.2) wheels. With his ability to throttle down and instantly accelerate, he is a nightmare for cornerbacks in space who have to try and stick with him.
    14. *A.J. Epenesa, EDGE2, Iowa (6-5, 284, 4.75)
    A downhill force player, Epenesa plays with explosive hands and a flexible body type that helps him create rush lanes. Even though he rarely wins with pure speed, he creates knockback and plays with the savvy that makes him a reliable power rusher and run defender.
    15. Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE3, Penn State (6-5, 264, 4.67)
    A long, agile athlete with acceleration to win the edge, Gross-Matos has all the tools to be a high-impact edge rusher who can reduce inside on passing downs. His shed skills are a tad undeveloped right now, but he is physical vs. the run and flashes violent rip moves.
    16. Jordan Love, QB3, Utah State (6-3, 224, 4.68)
    Although his 2019 season didn’t go as planned (20-17 touchdown-interception ratio), Love’s raw traits give evaluators hope that he can develop into an impact NFL player. He is a loose, athletic passer with natural downfield touch, but does he have the mental makeup to take the necessary steps in his development? Scouts are hopeful the Senior Bowl will help answer that question.
    17. Justin Herbert, QB4, Oregon (6-6, 240, 4.68)
    Will Herbert be drafted higher than this? Almost certainly. The Eugene native checks every box on paper with his size, athleticism, arm talent and intelligence. And Herbert finished with a quality performance in the Rose Bowl, putting an exclamation point on his career. However, the questionable instincts left me wanting more on his game film.
    18. Mekhi Becton, OT4, Louisville (6-7, 365, 5.47)
    Most blockers north of 360 pounds struggle with their movement skills and body control, but Becton is the exception, showing the foot quickness of a much smaller player. Although there are some sloppy elements to his game, Becton is a lump of clay NFL coaches will want to mold.
    19. Trevon Diggs, CB2, Alabama (6-2, 202, 4.42)
    While better known as Stefon’s little brother to NFL fans, Diggs has the athletic talent to change that. His game clearly lacks refinement, which will get him in trouble vs. savvy route runners, but all the traits are there for him to develop into a long-term press-man starter.
    20. Kristian Fulton, CB3, LSU (6-0, 194, 4.46)
    Although he must improve his tackling and body positioning, especially if he wants to handle slot duties in the NFL, Fulton stays in the pocket of receivers with his patient process and athletic traits. He shows the natural feel for reading route breaks that plays at every level.
    21. J.K. Dobbins, RB1, Ohio State (5-9, 219, 4.56)
    One of the most improved players in the country, Dobbins won me over with his instinctive vision and trust in the play design. He is very skilled at hitting holes at the right time, showing off his elusive traits and power at the second level. Dobbins is built for the NFL with the skill set to be an every-down back.
    22. D’Andre Swift, RB2, Georgia (5-9, 215, 4.47)
    Averaging 6.6 yards per rush vs. SEC competition over his three-year career in Athens, Swift has a dynamic blend of elusiveness and power to dart through creases and create yardage. With 73 receptions in college, he is also a proven pass-catcher.
    23. *Austin Jackson, OT5, USC (6-6, 308, 5.08)
    There is no question that Jackson could benefit by returning to school and becoming a more seasoned player, possibly putting himself in the top-10 discussion next year. But he also has a legitimate chance at the first round this year due to his smooth movements.
    24. CJ Henderson, CB4, Florida (6-1, 196, 4.43)
    If he had better ball skills and was a more reliable tackler, Henderson would be much higher on this list. But he is still worthy of a spot in the first round due to his athletic skill, length and competitive mindset. Henderson is one of the better press-man corner prospects in this class.
    25. Kenneth Murray, LB2, Oklahoma (6-2, 243, 4.67)
    While he is occasionally late to read and his strike zone lacks discipline, Murray has elite play speed and competitive makeup for the position. He uses his explosive traits as a blitzer and shows the range to be a reliable cover man as well.
    26. *K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE4, LSU (6-3, 239, 4.64)
    Athletes who can get after the quarterback will always be coveted by NFL teams. And although Chaisson must get stronger and diversify his rush attack, he displays impressive edge speed to stress blockers, converting his first-step quickness to power.
    27. *Grant Delpit, DS1, LSU (6-2, 206, 4.56)
    Despite winning the Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back, Delpit did not have the 2019 season that many expected, especially vs. the run (22 missed tackles). But an ankle injury is partially to blame and his range and instincts in coverage are still desirable traits.
    28. Jonathan Taylor, RB3, Wisconsin (5-10, 218, 4.53)
    No running back in college football history rushed for more yards through his junior season than Taylor, who finished with 6,080 rushing yards over his three years at Wisconsin. There are some questions about ball security and reliability in the passing game, but Taylor will be a productive ball carrier in the NFL.
    29. *Tee Higgins, WR4, Clemson (6-3, 205, 4.47)
    The top tier of my wide receiver rankings is CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs. Higgins is at the top of the next tier, but he is part of a crowded group with 5-6 other pass-catchers. His quick-twitch reflexes and rangy catch radius are what gives him a shot at the first round.
    30. Xavier McKinney, DS2, Alabama (6-1, 204, 4.60)
    A terrific tackler in space, McKinney covers a lot of green and does a great job settling his feet and exploding through his target. He needs to improve his awareness and spacing in coverage, but he is a good-enough athlete to hang with backs and tight ends in the NFL.
    31. Josh Jones, OT6, Houston (6-5, 309, 5.31)
    Similar to Andre Dillard in last year’s draft class, Jones has occasional anchor issues and his body type might turn off some teams. But he has terrific feet, lateral movements and hip sink to cut off speed rushers. Jones’ pass pro skills might get him drafted in round one.
    32. Laviska Shenault, WR5, Colorado (6-2, 224, 4.55)
    Although he is still young as a route runner and his injury history is a concern, Shenault offers a versatile package of size, acceleration and natural instincts. He is a beast after the catch and his play-making skills make him tough for single tacklers to finish him.
    33. Zack Baun, LB3, Wisconsin (6-2, 227, 4.69)
    One of the biggest senior risers this year, Baun finished second in the Big Ten in both sacks (12.5) and tackles for loss (19.5) behind only Chase Young. While he projects more as an off-ball linebacker than full-time rusher in the NFL, he is a terrific space athlete with football smarts.
    34. Isaiah Wilson, OT7, Georgia (6-7, 339, 5.42)
    While Thomas received most of the spotlight at left tackle, Georgia’s “other” starting tackle has a bright NFL future himself. He has the bad habit of allowing defenders to enter his frame, but his length and balance are the key traits that will attract NFL coaches.
    35. *Travis Etienne, RB4, Clemson (5-9, 212, 4.52)
    With his immediate speed, Etienne is a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the football. He needs to become a better inside runner and convince teams that he can be reliable on passing downs, but Etienne has the rare ability to make sharp cuts at full speed.
    36. Jalen Reagor, WR6, TCU (5-10, 196, 4.42)
    A first-round caliber athlete, Reagor didn’t have the 2019 season that most expected due to TCU’s erratic offensive identity and inconsistent quarterback play. He offers the explosive traits to be a threat at all three levels of the defense, before and after the catch.
    37. *Justin Jefferson, WR7, LSU (6-3, 192, 4.53)
    Although he won’t run the fastest 40-yard dash, Jefferson is an easy player to appreciate due to his toughness, play strength and details at the position. Lining up primarily in the slot in 2019, he uses subtle quickness at the stem to stack and separate from coverage, breaking tackles after the catch.
    38. Brandon Aiyuk, WR8, Arizona State (6-0, 203, 4.45)
    The definition of a playmaker is a player who turns small plays into big plays and that is exactly what Aiyuk does with his dynamic athleticism. He is a “runway” style athlete – if given any type of runway, he has the explosive gears and top-end speed to stretch out plays.
    39. Khalid Kareem, EDGE5, Notre Dame (6-4, 262, 2.84)
    Although he won’t test as well as Julian Okwara, Kareem is a better football player right now with his ability to set the edge and create pressure rushing the passer. He might not have as much upside as some other rushers in this class, but that is only because he is closer to his ceiling right now.
    40. Terrell Lewis, EDGE6, Alabama (6-5, 258, 4.65)
    Different than most Alabama pass rushers under Nick Saban, Lewis has a long, explosive frame with the sudden athleticism to disrupt the pocket. While still unrefined with his setup and feel as an upfield player, he flashes Danielle Hunter-like upside if he can stay healthy.
    41. Cole Kmet, TE1, Notre Dame (6-6, 255, 4.68)
    A physically impressive pass-catcher, Kmet has all the baseline traits needed to be a dependable starting tight end in the NFL. He has balanced playing both baseball and football most of his life, but his development should be accelerated now that he is focusing only on football
    42. KJ Hamler, WR9, Penn State (5-9, 174, 4.44)
    A blur athlete, Hamler has the home run speed that can add another dimension to an NFL offense. He had a problem with drops in 2019 and his size makes him a smaller target for passers, but Hamler is a big play waiting to happen when the ball is in his hands.
    43. Damon Arnette, CB5, Ohio State (6-0, 195, 4.47)
    Arnette always had the talent, but he was a flag magnet as an underclassman and struggled to find any consistency. He returned for his senior season and looked like a different player, developing better confidence and allowing his athleticism to blanket receivers.
    44. Julian Okwara, EDGE7, Notre Dame (6-5, 242, 4.56)
    Although the production hasn’t always been there, his athletic traits are really impressive for his size, which is something that will shine during the testing portion of the process – if he is ready after he had surgery in November to repair a broken fibula.
    45. Jeff Gladney, CB6, TCU (5-10, 184, 4.43)
    Gladney is a junkyard dog – I’ve used that term to describe linebackers or linemen, but this may be the first time I’ve used that term to describe a cornerback. If he can improve his route anticipation and play with a dash more subtlety, Gladney will be a 10-year NFL starter.
    46. Jacob Eason, QB5, Washington (6-5, 230, 5.06)
    Eason is a challenging evaluation because it is tough to gauge where he is in regards to his mental development. He has outstanding size and a power arm to put the ball anywhere he wants on the field, but his slow feet and struggles vs. pressure are an anchor on his draft grade.
    47. Neville Gallimore, DT3, Oklahoma (6-2, 302, 4.92)
    There are very few 300-plus pound humans on this planet who have the speed and redirection skills like Gallimore. The production hasn’t always been there, but he frequented the backfield more in 2019 and the traits (burst, power, speed) are certainly present on film.
    48. *A.J. Terrell, CB7, Clemson (6-1, 192, 4.49)
    A well-built athlete with steady speed, Terrell keeps one eye on the quarterback and the other on the route, baiting and jumping throws. His grabby hands will get him in trouble with officials, but his size and aggressive nature will translate well to the NFL game.
    49. *Lloyd Cushenberry, OC1, LSU (6-3, 312, 5.21)
    Currently the top center on my draft board, Cushenberry is a very smooth mover with the intelligence that makes him the glue of LSU’s offensive line. With 27 straight starts, he is also an ironman, rarely leaving the field and playing through minor injuries.
    50. Hunter Bryant, TE2, Washington (6-2, 244, 4.63)
    A hybrid pass-catcher, Bryant doesn’t offer much as a blocker, but he fits the mold as an oversized slot option who can separate from safeties or outmuscle cornerbacks. As long as the medicals are clean, his ascending catch-and-run skills will be an attractive trait on draft weekend.
    51. Ezra Cleveland, OT8, Boise State (6-6, 315, 5.25)
    52. Jaylon Johnson, CB8, Utah (5-10, 194, 4.45)
    53. Cesar Ruiz, OC2, Michigan (6-4, 320, 5.10)
    54. Jonathan Greenard, EDGE8, Florida (6-3, 265, 4.84)
    55. Darrell Taylor, EDGE9, Tennessee (6-3, 259, 4.67)
    56. Marlon Davidson, EDGE10, Auburn (6-3, 286, 4.88)
    57. *Chuba Hubbard, RB5, Oklahoma State (6-1, 211, 4.49)
    58. Justin Madubuike, DT4, Texas A&M (6-3, 303, 5.17)
    59. Lucas Niang, OT9, TCU (6-6, 336, 5.26)
    60. Josh Uche, EDGE11, Michigan (6-2, 242, 4.78)
    61. Michael Pittman, WR10, USC (6-4, 223, 4.55)
    62. Zack Moss, RB6, Utah (5-9, 218, 4.52)
    63. Prince Tega-Wonogho, OT10, Auburn (6-5, 307, 5.23)
    64. *Trey Smith, OG1, Tennessee (6-5, 330, 5.27)
    65. Raekwon Davis, DT5, Alabama (6-6, 315, 5.14)
    66. Malik Harrison, LB4, Ohio State (6-3, 251, 4.73)
    67. Cameron Dantzler, CB9, Mississippi State (6-2, 184, 4.48)
    68. Jordan Elliott, DT6, Missouri (6-4, 325, 5.20)
    69. John Hightower, WR11, Boise State (6-2, 184, 4.41)
    70. Ashtyn Davis, DS3, California (6-1, 201, 4.44)
    71. Bryan Edwards, WR12, South Carolina (6-3, 218, 4.52)
    72. Adam Trautman, TE3, Dayton (6-5, 256, 4.76)
    73. Bryce Hall, CB10, Virginia (6-2, 202, 4.53)
    74. Kyle Dugger, DS4, Lenoir-Rhyne (6-1, 218, 4.45)
    75. Curtis Weaver, EDGE12, Boise State (6-3, 254, 4.79)
    76. Matt Hennessy, OC3, Temple (6-3, 293, 5.05)
    77. Jason Strowbridge, EDGE13, North Carolina (6-4, 261, 4.90)
    78. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR13, Michigan (6-2, 211, 4.46)
    79. Leki Fotu, DT7, Utah (6-5, 332, 5.07)
    80. Jabari Zuniga, EDGE14, Florida (6-3, 256, 4.79)
    81. *Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB7, LSU (5-8, 211, 4.56)
    82. Quintez Cephus, WR14, Wisconsin (6-1, 198, 4.53)
    83. Gabriel Davis, WR15, UCF (6-3, 214, 4.54)
    84. Trey Adams, OT11, Washington (6-8, 304, 5.27)
    85. Ross Blacklock, DT8, TCU (6-4, 331, 5.20)
    86. *Najee Harris, RB8, Alabama (6-1, 232, 4.57)
    87. Davon Hamilton, DT9, Ohio State (6-4, 317, 5.43)
    88. Terrell Burgess, DS5, Utah (6-0, 194, 4.50)
    89. *Tyler Biadasz, OC4, Wisconsin (6-2, 322, 5.26)
    90. Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR16, Liberty (6-4, 216, 4.50)
    91. Albert Okwuegbunam, TE6, Missouri (6-4, 264, 4.76)
    92. Chase Claypool, WR17, Notre Dame (6-4, 230, 4.52)
    93. *Patrick Queen, LB5, LSU (6-2, 233, 4.72)
    94. Cam Akers, RB9, Florida State (5-11, 214, 4.48)
    95. Harrison Bryant, TE7, Florida Atlantic (6-5, 244, 4.79)
    96. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB6, Appalachian State (6-2, 214, 4.54)
    97. A.J. Green, CB11, Oklahoma State (6-1, 194, 4.50)
    98. Devin Duvernay, WR18, Texas (5-11, 209, 4.45)
    99. Logan Wilson, LB7, Wyoming (6-2, 245, 4.78)
    100. Robert Hunt, OG2, Louisiana (6-5, 314, 5.35)

Get me Derrick Brown please!

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    His missed tackle per every 3.6 attempts has me leaning on a hard pass on him atm
    Yeah, that's definitely the biggest concern. But tackling is a teachable skill, a lot of times its about the 'want to', if that's the issue then I'd be more hesitant. Instincts are what has me the most intrigued. You can't teach those, either you have them or you don't.

Fangio will not tolerate some kid who doesn't want to tackle. I bet once Fangio puts on the tape of Delpit...he'd turn it off within a minute.

And anyway, I will put trust/confidence in Fangio/Donatell when it involves the secondary. I mean just look at what they did throughout the course of the season with these unknowns. It was practically a merry go round of players being plugged back there and there were stretches where they made it work. A full off-season and draft season of scouting players in the secondary...I'm sure Fangio and company will find a few pieces that will provide a significant upgrade (ala Kareem Jackson).

This is Cy's time to shine.

Personally, I don't think we'll miss out on a top tier talent even if we're picking at 15.

So the question becomes...if we're picking BPA......where would YOU go.

WR
    OL
    IDL
    other?

This time of year, I'm always bullish on defense. I've been yearning for a Malik Jackson type impact in the interior of the DL. Give Von and Chubb a dawg in the middle of the DL and we will see some serious glory in this Fangio defense. I have high hopes for Dremont Jones...but we need that other game changer type player.

Imagine ya'll, Bradley Chubb looked the best in Fangio's defense before he got hurt...it started to click for the unit after Purcell/A.J Johnson's insertion...but get Chubb back...get Von back...and get a guy that creates hell in the middle....we're going to feast.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Fangio will not tolerate some kid who doesn't want to tackle. I bet once Fangio puts on the tape of Delpit...he'd turn it off within a minute.

And anyway, I will put trust/confidence in Fangio/Donatell when it involves the secondary. I mean just look at what they did throughout the course of the season with these unknowns. It was practically a merry go round of players being plugged back there and there were stretches where they made it work. A full off-season and draft season of scouting players in the secondary...I'm sure Fangio and company will find a few pieces that will provide a significant upgrade (ala Kareem Jackson).

This is Cy's time to shine.

Personally, I don't think we'll miss out on a top tier talent even if we're picking at 15.

So the question becomes...if we're picking BPA......where would YOU go.

WR
    OL
    IDL
    other?

This time of year, I'm always bullish on defense. I've been yearning for a Malik Jackson type impact in the interior of the DL. Give Von and Chubb a dawg in the middle of the DL and we will see some serious glory in this Fangio defense. I have high hopes for Dremont Jones...but we need that other game changer type player.

Imagine ya'll, Bradley Chubb looked the best in Fangio's defense before he got hurt...it started to click for the unit after Purcell/A.J Johnson's insertion...but get Chubb back...get Von back...and get a guy that creates hell in the middle....we're going to feast.
    If Ruggs is on the board, him. He has blow the top off the defense speed with elite athleticism. It’s definitely a need specifically for big arm Lock.

Depends how you look at the oline. PFF has them as a quality unit, yes even Bolles grading out very damn well. McGovern contract is up and we most certainly have to patch up the interior.

My favorites for some needs
    WR-Ruggs
    CB- Henderson
    DL-Brown or Kinlaw

But Cy is the man and knows way more than me

If you want IDL at 15 there are 3 guys
    Brown
    Epenesa (he's a really good fit at DE in this scheme)
    Kinlaw

If you want IDL at 15 there are 3 guys
    Brown
    Epenesa (he's a really good fit at DE in this scheme)
    Kinlaw
    What? Epenesa for IDL?
    I thought he was an edge rusher and would not be of interest to us since we have Chubb & Von.
    I clearly don't understand how this works.
    Does that mean edge of the front 3..... and Von & Chubb are edge rushers of the next 4?

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    If Ruggs is on the board, him. He has blow the top off the defense speed with elite athleticism. It’s definitely a need specifically for big arm Lock.

Depends how you look at the oline. PFF has them as a quality unit, yes even Bolles grading out very damn well. McGovern contract is up and we most certainly have to patch up the interior.

My favorites for some needs
    WR-Ruggs
    CB- Henderson
    DL-Brown or Kinlaw

But Cy is the man and knows way more than me
    I'm honestly not worried about center. If McGovern commands 10+ mil annually...he can walk, honestly. Evidently, this is a good draft for centers as well..can nab one in the mid/later rounds.

In Munchak I trust. I'd have to imagine he'd be all over our OL picks. We definitely need a OT...hopefully can get one in the later rounds.

Allbright has been quoted saying that Ruggs will go no later than Denver. So if Ruggs is there...that's our pick...more than likely.

Definitely would love Brown...but he's a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'm honestly not worried about center. If McGovern commands 10+ mil annually...he can walk, honestly. Evidently, this is a good draft for centers as well..can nab one in the mid/later rounds.

In Munchak I trust. I'd have to imagine he'd be all over our OL picks. We definitely need a OT...hopefully can get one in the later rounds.

Allbright has been quoted saying that Ruggs will go no later than Denver. So if Ruggs is there...that's our pick...more than likely.

Definitely would love Brown...but he's a top 10 pick.
    Doc and I were debating McGovern on Twitter a little while back. In no way will I feel happy if we pay him $10M a year. He's so average that I don't think it will be extremely hard to find a replacement that's a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    What? Epenesa for IDL?
    I thought he was an edge rusher and would not be of interest to us since we have Chubb & Von.
    I clearly don't understand how this works.
    Does that mean edge of the front 3..... and Von & Chubb are edge rushers of the next 4?
    at 6'6" 285 he's easily a 3-4 DE for Denver. Check out these last few reps here in the Minnesota game where they have him lined up at DT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cARpJJ1Wqjs#t=8m34s

Honestly... 3-4 DE might be his BEST fit because the lack of true juice and bend from edge. He's a SDE in a 4-3 but gimme him as a 3-4 DE with how strong his hands are and how he has juice to 1 gap from inside but also sledgehammers for hands to 2 gap

at 6'6" 285 he's easily a 3-4 DE for Denver. Check out these last few reps here in the Minnesota game where they have him lined up at DT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cARpJJ1Wqjs#t=8m34s

Honestly... 3-4 DE might be his BEST fit because the lack of true juice and bend from edge. He's a SDE in a 4-3 but gimme him as a 3-4 DE with how strong his hands are and how he has juice to 1 gap from inside but also sledgehammers for hands to 2 gap
    Okay, thanks - that helps.
    It is hard to try and start guessing what I would like to see in the draft because I assume Elway will be VERY active in free agency. Until we see that, it is hard to predict what would be great for the Broncos to do.

The areas of greatest concern for me are: OL, ILB, CB, and WR.

This looks like, to my rudimentary eye, to be a great draft with lots of talent in the first 3 rounds. As you may recall, I am generally very interested in trading back to pick up another 1st or 2nd round pick. This year, with us picking at #15, I input DEN into the Draftek trade value chart (link below), and it looks like it would be great to trade back from #15 in exchange for #25 & #57 from MIN (obviously MIN is still subject to change depending on the playoffs).

Unless there is someone seen as a true game changing player available at #15 (e.g. Isaiah Simmons, etc.), I would like the broncos to trade back for #25 and #57.....or something like that sort of thing.
    I still think we need more 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round talent......of course this whole scenario assumes that we pick the right guys with our draft picks.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=den

However, everything will be different after free agency.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast