Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 142
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,764
    I'm all for Wirfs at 15 though... Assuming we're moving on from Leary at least. Wirfs would make a damn good guard, and he could easily replace James after the season at RT if we move on from James. I really don't think Wirfs will end up being a LT though.

    Bolles
    Risner
    McGovern?
    Wirfs
    James

    That line has some damn good potential.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,257
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I don't understand. In your first Broncos top 50, Fulton was your #13 and the 2nd CB overall.

    Now in this link (btw, thanks for the link - really enjoyed the article!)



    Fulton is your #17 and still your 2nd CB.

    And yet, you "don't love" Fulton at 15. Is that because you are hoping one of your higher ranked (lower #) players will be there at 15? .............or since Okudah will certainly be gone, are you hoping that CB is resolved through free agency?

    Who do you want at 15?
    it's a non QB BB and no edges besides Young. So hoping to get somone in that top 10-12 rankings. and yes, CB DEFINITELY in FA. THat seems obvious at this point coming out of DV


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,257
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    You've got Wirfs not only as the highest lineman on your draft board, but you've got him as number 5 overall? Yikes, that's bold! Lol
    Just wait until the Combine. More and more buzz Gettleman has googoo eyes for him


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    it's a non QB BB and no edges besides Young. So hoping to get somone in that top 10-12 rankings. and yes, CB DEFINITELY in FA. THat seems obvious at this point coming out of DV
    Yeah it's pretty much settled that they're going after Byron Jones lol

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Just wait until the Combine. More and more buzz Gettleman has googoo eyes for him
    Interesting

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    it's a non QB BB and no edges besides Young. So hoping to get somone in that top 10-12 rankings. and yes, CB DEFINITELY in FA. THat seems obvious at this point coming out of DV
    Yes, I get that it is a non-QB BB. And that 3-5 QBs will be drafted before the Broncos pick at 15 which could push as many as 5 non-QBs towards the Broncos.

    Gone by pick 15:
    1. Chase Young, EDGE | Ohio State
    2. Jeffrey Okudah, CB | Ohio State
    3. Isaiah Simmons, LB/S/NB | Clemson
    4. Derrick Brown, IDL | Auburn

    Wide Receivers...I hope we don't take one at 15 because we can get a good one in the 2nd round (KJ Hamler?)
    8. Jerry Jeudy, WR | Alabama
    9. CeeDee Lamb, WR | Oklahoma
    10. Henry Ruggs, III WR | Alabama
    12. Laviska Shenault, Jr., WR | Colorado
    16. Jalen Reagor, WR | Texas Christian

    These would be my choices at 15 (from your BB):
    O-Line. Are any of these guys true blue-chip studs like Joe Thomas or Quenton Nelson? If not, then we can pick a very good OL guy later.

    5. Tristan Wirfs, OL | Iowa
    6. Jedrick Wills, Jr OL | Alabama
    13. Andrew Thomas, OL | Georgia
    15. Mekhi Becton, OT | Louisville
    18. Josh Jones, OT | Houston

    Defense - same question - are any of these guys true blue-chip guys? If not, we can get a very good player later.

    7. Javon Kinlaw, IDL | South Carolina
    11. A.J. Epenesa, DL | Iowa
    14. Xavier McKinney, NB/S | Alabama......what is the deal here? If we get Byron Jones...and have Will Parks, Justin Simmons, and Kareem Jackson.....where does Xavier McKinney fit in? As a CB? Is he another swiss army knife guy like Isaiah Simmons?
    17. Kristian Fulton, CB | LSU
    19. Jeff Gladney, CB | TCU
    20. Trevon Diggs, CB | Alabama

    If we can't get a true blue-chipper at 15, then trading back to 25 (and then picking one of the above guys) and trading up and being aggressive on Day 2 would be my strategy. Of course, everything will change after free agency.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Yes, I get that it is a non-QB BB. And that 3-5 QBs will be drafted before the Broncos pick at 15 which could push as many as 5 non-QBs towards the Broncos.

    Gone by pick 15:
    1. Chase Young, EDGE | Ohio State
    2. Jeffrey Okudah, CB | Ohio State
    3. Isaiah Simmons, LB/S/NB | Clemson
    4. Derrick Brown, IDL | Auburn

    Wide Receivers...I hope we don't take one at 15 because we can get a good one in the 2nd round (KJ Hamler?)
    8. Jerry Jeudy, WR | Alabama
    9. CeeDee Lamb, WR | Oklahoma
    10. Henry Ruggs, III WR | Alabama
    12. Laviska Shenault, Jr., WR | Colorado
    16. Jalen Reagor, WR | Texas Christian

    These would be my choices at 15 (from your BB):
    O-Line. Are any of these guys true blue-chip studs like Joe Thomas or Quenton Nelson? If not, then we can pick a very good OL guy later.

    5. Tristan Wirfs, OL | Iowa
    6. Jedrick Wills, Jr OL | Alabama
    13. Andrew Thomas, OL | Georgia
    15. Mekhi Becton, OT | Louisville
    18. Josh Jones, OT | Houston

    Defense - same question - are any of these guys true blue-chip guys? If not, we can get a very good player later.

    7. Javon Kinlaw, IDL | South Carolina
    11. A.J. Epenesa, DL | Iowa
    14. Xavier McKinney, NB/S | Alabama......what is the deal here? If we get Byron Jones...and have Will Parks, Justin Simmons, and Kareem Jackson.....where does Xavier McKinney fit in? As a CB? Is he another swiss army knife guy like Isaiah Simmons?
    17. Kristian Fulton, CB | LSU
    19. Jeff Gladney, CB | TCU
    20. Trevon Diggs, CB | Alabama

    If we can't get a true blue-chipper at 15, then trading back to 25 (and then picking one of the above guys) and trading up and being aggressive on Day 2 would be my strategy. Of course, everything will change after free agency.
    I shouldn't have said "blue chip" guys since those are typically only the top 5-10 in a draft. What I mean is would a particular guy at 15 be demonstrably better than a guy at 25 such that it is clearly worth taking the guy at 15 at the cost of not having an additional 2nd round pick of a really good player.........but y'all probably knew that already. I might change my mind after free agency, but all I see right now is that the Broncos have so many needs.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,764
    Personally I want two receivers in the first 3 rounds so I wouldn't mind drafting one in the first. Hamilton has been pretty uninspiring so if we can get Lock a solid Z and a slot, I'd be pretty happy.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,971
    With a high probability that we are getting at least 2 WR's this off-season...Hamilton is already in deep waters. I'm still a fan of his but he's got a lot of work to do to get himself in the rotation.

    It's going to be a young WR core though...so he has that advantage (sort of) for him....that and Shurmur is more inclined with 3 WR sets...so he'll have his opportunities to earn a spot.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,365
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    With a high probability that we are getting at least 2 WR's this off-season...Hamilton is already in deep waters. I'm still a fan of his but he's got a lot of work to do to get himself in the rotation.

    It's going to be a young WR core though...so he has that advantage (sort of) for him....that and Shurmur is more inclined with 3 WR sets...so he'll have his opportunities to earn a spot.
    So my thing with Hamilton is 100% hands. The guy has found an open area on the vast majority of his routes. He's been thrown to a lot and he's been used as a 'go to' on many plays. The dude has the skills for slot

    His hands are at best, okay. He grabs a lot of balls but drops a **** load to. Typically ones that seem to alter a potential outcome.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,257
    Awesome piece on trends drafting offense in the NFL Draft from PFF.

    It is behind a paywall but I, a man of the people, have copy/pasted it to a google doc.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,971
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So my thing with Hamilton is 100% hands. The guy has found an open area on the vast majority of his routes. He's been thrown to a lot and he's been used as a 'go to' on many plays. The dude has the skills for slot

    His hands are at best, okay. He grabs a lot of balls but drops a **** load to. Typically ones that seem to alter a potential outcome.
    He only showed the "go to" in the last couple of weeks in the season. He's been largely MIA before that. Now, not all of that is his fault...Flacco basically refused to throw to him....but with Courtland being our only main WR...Hamilton had a prime opportunity to make a name for himself and again he only did so in the last few weeks of the season.

    I still very much like his game. He always showed tenacity in run blocking and I'm a believer in his route running ability with coverage recognition.

    The drops are odd. He never showed those type of issues in college but if you do them multiple times at the worst times....yea...you'll get a poor reputation.

    Bottom line, we should take advantage of this generational type WR class. We need multiple WR's and we can double dip in this draft to get them.

    Hamilton will have to earn his spot. Which he will..Shurmur is a good fit for him.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Awesome piece on trends drafting offense in the NFL Draft from PFF.

    It is behind a paywall but I, a man of the people, have copy/pasted it to a google doc.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    You're a national treasure Cy. Truly.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,257
    The Broncos have yet to decide whether or not to exercise Garett Bolles' Rookie Contract Fifth-Year Option. Why the wait and what is the right decision?

    I dive in.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...th-year-option


  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    The Broncos have yet to decide whether or not to exercise Garett Bolles' Rookie Contract Fifth-Year Option. Why the wait and what is the right decision?

    I dive in.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...th-year-option
    Great article! Thank You!

    Also, check out this mock - we trade down from #15 to #21, get another 2nd round pick (#53), and give up our 3rd pick of the 3rd round (#95). In this mock, we could still pick Fulton, Epenesa, Ruggs, Josh Jones, or Austin Jackson at #21...some of the guys that we might take at #15 anyway (although Kinlaw would be gone in this mock by #21).

    Hmmm...I just saw the hypothetical picks the Broncos would get from the Eagles (Broncos get No. 21, No. 85, No. 151 [I think he means No. 103, not No. 151]; Eagles get No. 15). I like my trades better than those by Ryan Wilson. In his scenario we end up with five 3rd round picks..I guess we could always use them to trade back into the 2nd round.

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...wide-receiver/
    Last edited by dbronco; 02-27-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •