Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah this ****ing sucks. We've got $25M in cap space so I hope we bring someone in. A guy like Cameron Wake might be nice. I say that because Chubb still isn't 100% and will be on a snap count... And we're super thin at edge behind those two.

I hope Von continues his career with Denver. I can't imagine the Broncos picking up his option because that's a $22M cap hit for next season. But hopefully they can do something.
    I was saddened to hear about Von Miller. Not just a great player but a class act. I hope for a speedy recovery... the game is better with the great ones.

Nonetheless good luck vs. the Titans tonight. When was the last time our whole division started 1-0?

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I was saddened to hear about Von Miller. Not just a great player but a class act. I hope for a speedy recovery... the game is better with the great ones.

Nonetheless good luck vs. the Titans tonight. When was the last time our whole division started 1-0?
    Thanks Chibber! The rest of the division definitely put pressure on us tonight lol

Honestly, we're better off losing this game. We played like absolute horse **** and if it wasn't for an epically bad performance from Gostkowski, we wouldn't have been in it at all. Very disappointed I'm the game plan and play calling as usual.

Totally get we were an injured squad, but coaching killed us tonight.

Rather lose and look the horse in the mouth than win and get a false sense that we are destined.

Very ****** opening night.

**** Fangio. He's officially entered VJ territory for me. Luckily he can pull himself out of it, but that was a different level of stupid

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    **** Fangio. He's officially entered VJ territory for me. Luckily he can pull himself out of it, but that was a different level of stupid
    That was next level, brutal clock management. I just can't wrap my head around what he was thinking. Lots of nitpicking from this game with Jeudy, Lock, the secondary, Chubb, playcallers, etc.. but at the end of the day we gotta find a way to win those games whether we deserve it or not.

Hopefully Bouye isn't out for long, and Sutton is able to suit up, doesn't sound like we'll have lindsay for a few weeks, but we need to be as close to full strength to compete with Pittsburgh this week.

You can take a lot of different view points from this game. No matter how many times you can tell yourself how ugly it can be early on with this funky off-season/no preseason....you can't ever seem to fully embrace it when it, inevitably, happens. And it certainly happened.

Truthfully, the moment we lost Von. I just knew we weren't going to win this game...and it is probably going to be, yet another, rough quarter of the season to start off. Buckle up. This may get really ugly..

You can tell fairly quickly when you have yourself a legitimate pass rush. Again, once Von was lost, that all went downhill. Chubb is going to take some time and everybody else just doesn't have that explosion to warrant a threat. Dre'Mont is promising and Casey is savvy but they aren't in the game wrecker tier...that's where Von/Chubb was suppose to take over...so that's going to be a constant battle throughout the season. The quicker Agim gets in the lineup over DeMarcus...the better.

All that hype for the offense all off-season long....and we open up...hitting below the 20 point mark. AGAIN. How fitting. Not entirely surprising...you can't expect to not have your #1 WR and your promising rookie burner shelfed...but still major buzz kill.

It's hard to get upset at a performance where you give up 16 points (though if FG's weren't missed..we're probably looking at a semi blow-out)....but jesus how MANY TIMES are we going to lose a ****in game where we have a lead with 1 minute left? This is like the 4th/5th time already. ****, if Gruden didn't go for 2 in the last game of the season last year...we may not win that game. It's infuriating cause at this point...you're just expecting it. I have zero confidence in the defense closing out a game.

Not even going to get into the time management. You'll lose brain cells just thinking about it. How NOBODY was in Fangio's ear about it during the time...is just as bizarre. You got a complete veteran coaching staff...and not ONE person had the know how to tell his HC..."yo, we should probably take a timeout here?"

Ultimately, it will fall on Fangio as it should...but I am simply astonished how we have multiple former HC's on the staff...and everyone just...let it happen.

Not all bad though. Drew didn't have a bad game but he missed some deep balls he absolutely needs to hit. Jeudy has the makings of something fierce....but he blew a golden opportunity to ice the game. I got on Bay-Bay for his concentration drops a lot....I'm not going to go easy on the kid when he was wide *** open over the middle. Got to catch that..have to.

Gordon posted a nice stat line...but I absolutely can not stand fumbles. That's my #1 pet peeve for RB's. That fumble turned the tide of the game.

The offense will change dramatically once Courtland and Hamler are incorporated but still...it'll take time.

We just don't have an advantage over teams that have limited turnover. It may take half the season for these guys to fully gel....even longer if these injuries keep up at this pace.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516