Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    On another note...that Chargers secondary is really damn good with Scrap signing with them. With their two bookend pass rushers as well....they're a problem.

I would love to hear people's thoughts on CHJ.
    He/his agent obviously overplayed their hand last year.
    He could have gotten $12M per year from the Broncos, but he turned it down. Now he is getting a max of $9.75M per year.
    And what about all the comments in articles I would read that CHJ would not be dinged for "having a down year last year"? It certainly seems that he is absolutely being graded on his down season last year.

Is Bouye a better CB than CHJ?
    Bouye is getting $13.44M and $13.5M the next two years. Given the cost, I assume he is a better CB than CHJ (Bouye is also 2 years younger)....is the contract $$ difference representative of the talent difference at this point in their careers?

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    He could have gotten $12M per year from the Broncos, but he turned it down. Now he is getting a max of $9.75M per year.
    And what about all the comments in articles I would read that CHJ would not be dinged for "having a down year last year"? It certainly seems that he is absolutely being graded on his down season last year.

Bouye is getting $13.44M and $13.5M the next two years. Given the cost, I assume he is a better CB than CHJ (Bouye is also 2 years younger)....is the contract $$ difference representative of the talent difference at this point in their careers?
    It's a fallacy that he took less money... His guaranteed money is higher than what Denver offered

I love CHJ with all my heart. Probably my favorite Bronco of this generation.

But Bouye can play the outside. CHJ did struggle not playing slot. Callahan was an elite slot CB when healthy but who knows where he will be. Going into the draft....

1st round- WR assuming Lamb, Ruggs or Juedy.
    2nd Round- DL or CB.
    3rd-OL, DL or CB

I think Denver would be a trade back candidate if they donít get their WR, and move up early day 2 to get who they like there. Day 2 for WR there will be tons of talent, and day 1 you can draft a CB where they should be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It's a fallacy that he took less money... His guaranteed money is higher than what Denver offered
    Guaranteed in case he got hurt or the team (whichever one) cuts him after the first year?

CHJ's contract with the Chargers is: 2 years $17M ($8.5M per year) and $9.5M guaranteed.

How much was the guaranteed portion of the 3 year $36M ($12M per) contract the Broncos offered?

I just read, link below, that Elway last fall offered 2 years $26M, $13M guaranteed.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...denver-broncos

CHJ didn't want to bet on himself. Sounds to me like the Broncos made a good decision and CHJ got arrogant about his worth and had hard feelings. I think this all falls on Harris and Elway made good decisions.

Lets us all send our thoughts and prayers to Cy. For if the COVID19 didn't make him sickly....the fact the Broncos threw $$$ at Melvin Gordon certainly would of.

Perhaps things would of been different if we had a "normal" off-season..with no travel limitations and everything. I can't imagine how that would affect his market that much but he was definitely one of the better CB's available. He should of gotten a pretty penny...but he did play his hand. Settled for less(er) and went to a team that finished last.

Shelby Harris is another shocker. Would not have guessed that he would be past the 3rd wave of FA signings and still not find someone interested in his services.

The fit is quite good for Scrap though. He's not THE #1 guy for top targets so he could bounce off and cover other pesky options which is what he's best suited for and what he has made his career on.

Scrap has never had the athleticism or stature of being the true boundary type CB. He's no Champ Bailey but he's a master technician and a savant on the field. In terms of production...he's been better than Bouye.....but in terms of matchup...this is where Bouye provides more value.

I made the comparison of Bouye being "Talib like" for this secondary. A longer, physical, athletic CB that can match up with the physical specimens and keep up with the faster ones. We'll see how he bounces back with fangio...but his make-up has always been a plus for a boundary type CB like himself something that Scrap has never really had.

When it's all said and done...Scrap is going to the ROF. He's a unique stalwart DB that had the ability to cover inside and out, at a high level, facing all types of WR's. Not many CB's can claim this skillset.

As far as the Gordon deal goes...it's not "good" value...nor is it ideal...but it's not exactly a catastrophe here.

We're looking for a potent 1/2 punch...well...we basically got it. Gordon is the best pass blocking back we've had in awhile, adds to the receiving game, good runner...now if Lindsay can work on his receiving ability...we can really get cooking with this..that way both are interchangeable.

The biggest thing we're going to see here is who is getting the snaps. Just copy and paste the "give Lindsay more carries" post...cause its coming.

But this really looks like a Shurmur/Munchak bump to me. The RB is dependent on the system...and I'm willing to wager the Shurmur/Munchak team can get Gordon/Lindsay duo looking quite good.

Guaranteed in case he got hurt or the team (whichever one) cuts him after the first year?

CHJ's contract with the Chargers is: 2 years $17M ($8.5M per year) and $9.5M guaranteed.

How much was the guaranteed portion of the 3 year $36M ($12M per) contract the Broncos offered?

I just read, link below, that Elway last fall offered 2 years $26M, $13M guaranteed.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...denver-broncos

CHJ didn't want to bet on himself. Sounds to me like the Broncos made a good decision and CHJ got arrogant about his worth and had hard feelings. I think this all falls on Harris and Elway made good decisions.
    IDK I'm just going off of what some insiders have said.

Personally, I don't think it was vengeful or anything like that. He took less money to play with the Chargers than he could have gotten with Las Vegas. I think it has A LOT to do with fit. Chris Harris has done several interviews before free agency where he said that what he really wants to do is go back to playing inside... Meaning he wants to play in the slot. That obviously wasn't a possibility here because we have the oft injured Callahan penciled in at that spot. I think that's ultimately why he turned down the Raiders offer as well. They likely wanted him on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    As far as the Gordon deal goes...it's not "good" value...nor is it ideal...but it's not exactly a catastrophe here.

We're looking for a potent 1/2 punch...well...we basically got it. Gordon is the best pass blocking back we've had in awhile, adds to the receiving game, good runner...now if Lindsay can work on his receiving ability...we can really get cooking with this..that way both are interchangeable.

The biggest thing we're going to see here is who is getting the snaps. Just copy and paste the "give Lindsay more carries" post...cause its coming.

But this really looks like a Shurmur/Munchak bump to me. The RB is dependent on the system...and I'm willing to wager the Shurmur/Munchak team can get Gordon/Lindsay duo looking quite good.
    Yeah I'm not thrilled with the signing, but don't hate it necessarily either. I'm glad that they moved on from the Freeman/Lindsay combo idea. Freeman just isn't good. It's amazing to me that the Broncos front office can sell themselves on rookie running backs that have no vision lol

They definitely valued high volume production over the years with these RB's. They clearly have struggled with their scouting with these RB's....purposely drafting RB's with poor vision is moronic. Need to tighten up in that area.

But we have a combo that works. Gordon is proven. Lindsay is proven in running.

All up to how Shurmur utilizes them.

One if the best parts of this off-season is that they're finally moving on from Wadman lol

Sam Martin looks to be a good one too. McMahon's last chance as a ST. If we can't get this guy to boom punts at ****in altitude...just cut weight.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Sam Martin looks to be a good one too. McMahon's last chance as a ST. If we can't get this guy to boom punts at ****in altitude...just cut weight.
    For real. If he tries to **** up another punter, he should be forcefully removed from the facility.

Holy ****...Shelby Harris really resigned with us for 3.25 max mil deal.

Like...what the ****?? That's a big time assurance move. Shelby may not be a pro bowl caliber player....but teamed up with another talent like Casey/Dre'mont's development...+ the edge duo of Von/Chubb....he could be poised for a massive season.

Ultimately, there was nobody who misplayed his market more than him....but we nabbed him back.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast