Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Okay, thanks - that helps.
    It is hard to try and start guessing what I would like to see in the draft because I assume Elway will be VERY active in free agency. Until we see that, it is hard to predict what would be great for the Broncos to do.

The areas of greatest concern for me are: OL, ILB, CB, and WR.

This looks like, to my rudimentary eye, to be a great draft with lots of talent in the first 3 rounds. As you may recall, I am generally very interested in trading back to pick up another 1st or 2nd round pick. This year, with us picking at #15, I input DEN into the Draftek trade value chart (link below), and it looks like it would be great to trade back from #15 in exchange for #25 & #57 from MIN (obviously MIN is still subject to change depending on the playoffs).

Unless there is someone seen as a true game changing player available at #15 (e.g. Isaiah Simmons, etc.), I would like the broncos to trade back for #25 and #57.....or something like that sort of thing.
    I still think we need more 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round talent......of course this whole scenario assumes that we pick the right guys with our draft picks.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=den

However, everything will be different after free agency.
    D line is a HUGE need for us. We're going to lose Harris and there's a decent chance that we also lose Wolfe.

Gotta have that IDL. We can be fine with plug and play type players.

But, if you really want to get the most out of what we have left out of Von and Chubb...you got to have that other dawg that comes in the middle. Game/impact type player. Definitely worthy of consideration if we're picking BPA at 15.

Cy put a Justin smith type comp with Epenesa...he'd look mighty fine in this unit.

James Lynch from Baylor is a surprise declaration. I love him as well for this DL

I still want Derrick Brown really badly

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    D line is a HUGE need for us. We're going to lose Harris and there's a decent chance that we also lose Wolfe.
    Why are we going to lose Harris?
    We have approximately $70M(?) to spend. Harris did not have a very good year.
    Is he a bad fit for Fangio's defense?
    Does Harris think he is worth more than he is actually worth? And will someone pay that amount?
    We signed Talib in free agency after DRC tried to jack up his price. How is this different (or is it actually the same)?

Wolfe said he isn't looking to break the bank; he just wants a fair contract. It seems that Elway is all about 'fair contracts'. They should be able to strike a deal, right?

I would be happy with Isaiah Simmons or some other blue chip guy if that is a position of opportunity by the time the draft rolls around.
    Cy's article on Wirfs is really compelling. He sounds great!

https://predominantlyorange.com/2020...ing-offseason/
    Last edited by dbronco; 01-18-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Why are we going to lose Harris?
    We have approximately $70M(?) to spend. Harris did not have a very good year.
    Is he a bad fit for Fangio's defense?
    Does Harris think he is worth more than he is actually worth? And will someone pay that amount?
    We signed Talib in free agency after DRC tried to jack up his price. How is this different (or is it actually the same)?

Wolfe said he isn't looking to break the bank; he just wants a fair contract. It seems that Elway is all about 'fair contracts'. They should be able to strike a deal, right?

I would be happy with Isaiah Simmons or some other blue chip guy if that is a position of opportunity by the time the draft rolls around.
    Cy's article on Wirfs is really compelling. He sounds great!

https://predominantlyorange.com/2020...ing-offseason/
    It sounds like Harris isn't a fan of Fangio's system, and to be fair, he's not really a good fit in Fangio's system.

I'd like to see Wolfe come back... I'd be fine with a tackle in the first round as well

Shelby is probably going to demand top IDL dollar....but he's not that type of player. If he was combined with a true stalwart in the interior..he would look really really good..but he's not "the" guy there.

He'd be okay in Fangio's system as long as he's not NT..but again he's not the type of player that will wreck the interior consistently.

A nice piece to have...but not at the price he will likely command.

A Calais Campbell pickup (if cut) can honestly be considered a significant upgrade..

Nick Kendell's Denver #Broncos Mock Draft 1.0.

Used mock draft machines multiple times and scoured the web for Big Boards to try to get a general consensus on value prior to the NFL Combine to make this mock as realistic as it could be for this time of year.

This time last year:

"If you want Drew Lock you have to use a Top 10 pick on him"

"Dalton Risner won't fall to Denver Round 2"

"No way Cody Ford falls out of the Top 20"

"Denver needs CB and Greedy, Byron, Baker all go Round 1"

ETC...

It's fluid and we are privy to all the information (medicals or character) and sometimes it just takes one team to love a guy to make a pick that is considered a 'reach'. So just enjoy the mock for what it is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft...ft-version-2-0

I'm just not sold on Wirfs. If we're taking a tackle in the first round, I'd prefer it be a left tackle. We owe James too much money to draft a guy at right tackle and even though Wirfs might be able to play guard, it's not a sure thing that he will be able to play guard at a competent level... Especially in his first year. On top of that, I'm not sure that either James or Wirfs are upgrades to Bolles if you move them to left tackle.

I'm not doubting Wirfs as a player... I actually really like him. I just think he needs to go to a team where he can be a true right tackle. And that team is not Denver.

My main man made it! I am honestly more excited about 27s induction than any other HOFer we have. Atwater was a ****ing beast.

Now if Randy (53) ever gets in, I'll change my mind without hesitation.

The Smiling Assassin is in!! Fantastic news. That dude was truly the hitman. Denver Broncos are on the rise on getting in on the HOF.

So, John Pagano was hired as our OLB coach in replace of Stanley. Anybody else noticing how Fangio and Elway has quietly assembled a coaching staff that is completely loaded with experience?

Quite an impressive group all across the board. If there is any evidence that Fangio has HIS stamp on this team....it's what has occurred over the weeks with this coaching staff. He has got guys he has worked with and has his trust.

This could really shape up to be a franchise changing type off-season.

So, it sounds like we're double dipping at WR in the draft..2 in the top 100 the rumor..

Not exactly opposed to that option. With Shurmur, WR's are of utmost priority. Plenty of talent to be had in that position group in this draft.

My thing is.....are we settling DL in FA then? Cause I'm, to no surprise whatsoever, am looking at IDL (Kinlaw) at 15.

My dream scenario......resign Wolfe...pick up D.J Reader (one of the big "splashes" in FA) AND Calais campbell (banking on his Denver roots and a lower deal to come back home to finish his career)....AND draft Kinlaw with the 15th pick.

So Campbell, a hopeful spike in production in Dre'Mont Jones, and Kinlaw rotating in the interior...with Kinlaw and Campbell able to play 5 tech in bigger packages.....while we have Von/Chubb on the outside.

LETHAL!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast