Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Divisional Round: Minnesota Vikings vs San Francisco 49ers 1/11/2020 4:35 PM on NBC

Divisional Round

VS

Saturday, January 11 at 4:35 PM ET on NBC

https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

There is no reason we canít win this game.

Not much to say here. We all know what's on the line. No one will expect us to win this game and the line is -7. 9ers are a great team but there is something about Jimmy G that I'm just not sold on yet. I think he'll give us a few opportunities at a TO and we must take advantage. They key will be limiting Kittle. Will it be Jayron or Dejo? Kendricks has been great at coverage but he is no match for Kittle. We know he'll get his, just have to limit. Just like Mike Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Not much to say here. We all know what's on the line. No one will expect us to win this game and the line is -7. 9ers are a great team but there is something about Jimmy G that I'm just not sold on yet. I think he'll give us a few opportunities at a TO and we must take advantage. They key will be limiting Kittle. Will it be Jayron or Dejo? Kendricks has been great at coverage but he is no match for Kittle. We know he'll get his, just have to limit. Just like Mike Thomas.
    Yep, we also need to attack their #2 CB

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    There is no reason we canít win this game.
    Exactly. What will be key I believe is our Oline playing their best game against the 9ers front 7. They need to come to play.
    What's interesting about the Saints game is what it could do for Kirk. It could be one of those things where he gets that monkey off his back and has the confidence to be the big game QB that he needs to be. Or, it could just be an outlier, but I believe it'll be the former.

Ok since none of you guys will say it then i guess i wiil.

49ERS WE COMING TO KICK YOUR ***** AND THEN LEAVE LEVI STADIUM WITH A MOTHER****ING W AND MOTHER****ING HUNGER FOR OUR NEXT VICTIM. SEATTLE OR GREEN BAY I REALLY DONT GIVE A ****!!!!! SKOL!!!!!

PaVikingsfan-V4LB man you are a crazy guy.

V4LB- Thank you my brother. Skol!!!!!!

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

I'm pumped. We beat the Saints who imo was the best team in the NFC this year. They were also red hot down the stretch.

Jimmy G turns the ball over a decent amount, and SF's defense hasn't been good the 2nd half of the season, especially the last month.

Weeks 1-8: 9.8 PPG allowed
    Weeks 9-13: 20.0 PPG allowed
    Weeks 14-17: 31.7 PPG allowed

If we just play our game there's no reason we lose this game. Saturday can't come soon enough.

I guarantee the Niners spent last week preparing to play the winner of the Eagles/Seahawks game, assuming the Packers would get the Saints.......so from a prep standpoint they didn't quite get the advantage they could have.

That said, Jimmy G ain't no Drew Brees.....but the Saints DL isn't what the Niners' is......so the biggest battle will be whose OL can give their QB the cleanest pockets.

Vikings 34
    Niners 20

Diggs goes off for 160 and 2 TDs
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The 49ers defensive front could give us some trouble. I believe they also get Ford, Alexander, and Tartt back this week.

Edit: That being said, we won when I was super positive last week, so here I am again.

Vikings: 74
    49ers: 11
    Last edited by natelpete; 01-08-2020 at 12:10 PM.

I don't know much about their defense. I know they got some studs and Sherman is still playing really well. How good are their DT's? Which side does Bosa lineup on? That would be a good matchup between him and O'Neill. I think I read that Bosa isn't as strong a run defender.

Crazy stat

Matchups by QB Playoff Starts

Vikings at 49ers, 2 starts
    Kirk Cousins 2
    Jimmy Garoppolo 0

Titans at Ravens, 2 starts
    Ryan Tannehill 1
    Lamar Jackson 1

Texans at Chiefs, 4 starts
    Deshaun Watson 2
    Patrick Mahomes 2

Seahawks at Packers, 31 starts
    Russell Wilson 14
    Aaron Rodgers 17

Saw a stat that said we're 40-0 under Zimmer when we rush the ball 30+ times. Obviously you're going to run more when you have the lead, but that still seems insane. Hopefully we can get something established early.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    The 49ers defensive front could give us some trouble. I believe they also get Ford, Alexander, and Tartt back this week.

Edit: That being said, we won when I was super positive last week, so here I am again.

Vikings: 74
    49ers: 11
    No we won when i was super negative.

49er's 83- vikings 4

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

I am going in with no expectations. I thought we were going to get beat last week, so I am going in expecting nothing. GO VIKES!!

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Saw a stat that said we're 40-0 under Zimmer when we rush the ball 30+ times. Obviously you're going to run more when you have the lead, but that still seems insane. Hopefully we can get something established early.
    Yep that was Dustin Baker that posted that. A lot of people questioned whether it was a relevant stat.

Then he came out and said 164 times in the last 6 seasons other teams have rushed over 30 times and lost.

So in this instance in regards to the Zim and the Vikings...it is relevant.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast