Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    At this point in the season teams know what you do well and do often and they focus on stopping it. Kubiak/Stefanski are bright offensive minds and wouldnít just stop doing something thatís worked for us all season (one would hope). Obviously establishing the run game is important, but thatís always going to be our gameplan. I think the key to this game is gashing their defense with the screen game. San Franís edge rushers are going to be pinning their ears back on passing downs and trying to get up field in a hurry. If we can hit them early with a couple of screens to cook for chunks of yards, that will keep their pass rushers honest and will give Cousins more time to throw downfield in the pocket.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but our screen game has been quiet lately? Who do you guys think Sherman will shadow or does he stay on one side? Personally I think he probably matches up better with Theilan as he's not quite as shifty as Diggs but then again I think I've only watched one game of the 9ers all season so not sure. I think we are gonna need a someone like Irv to eat up on those LB'ers. Also we did utilize the swing out to Cook last game at least one time that was very successful.

What's everyone's gut feeling on the game? My gut is has this same feeling as the NO game. I'm not expecting us to win but I feel like we can if we play a good solid game and can create some TO's.

That SEA/GB game could be very interesting with a big snow storm rolling thru on Saturday. I know here in Cedar Rapids we could see up to 6 inches and I think they are expected to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but our screen game has been quiet lately? Who do you guys think Sherman will shadow or does he stay on one side? Personally I think he probably matches up better with Theilan as he's not quite as shifty as Diggs but then again I think I've only watched one game of the 9ers all season so not sure. I think we are gonna need a someone like Irv to eat up on those LB'ers. Also we did utilize the swing out to Cook last game at least one time that was very successful.
    Sherman stays on one side. Hopefully we take advantage of that and split CJ Ham out wide to Sherman a few times to completely remove him from the play.

Obviously if we were to do that over and over they'd adjust, but I guarantee we could get away with it a few times randomly throughout the game.

What's everyone's gut feeling on the game? My gut is has this same feeling as the NO game. I'm not expecting us to win but I feel like we can if we play a good solid game and can create some TO's.

That SEA/GB game could be very interesting with a big snow storm rolling thru on Saturday. I know here in Cedar Rapids we could see up to 6 inches and I think they are expected to get more.
    I'm way more confident about this game than I was the NO game. Jimmy G threw 12 picks this year and I know just from the few 9er games I watched, I saw him throw several more that were dropped. There were a ton of those in the first 9ers/Seahawks game.

GB vs Sea to me is a toss up. I think both teams are good but not great and it could very well come down to the final minutes. No idea who wins and I don't think I really care. I'm confident we have more talent than both of them and can beat them.

How awesome would it be to march into Lambeau with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line and beat them! Gotta win on Saturday first though.

Im not confident if thielen can't go. Our offense looked alot better with him in it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Our screen game was quiet because Cook was out...he's back, and hopefully Mattison is ready for more touches as well. I've wondered why Irv isn't split out wide much which could create 2 mismatches, but I like the idea of splitting Ham occasionally.

I have the same feeling going in as well...only a little better. I know it's a stretch to think we'll win, but we did pull it off last week, so no reason it can't happen again.

To me it's laughable GB ended up the 2...but then we basically handed it to them by dorking both games against them.......we wouldn't do that a 3rd time if we faced them. Has any team gotten to the Super Bowl having taken out the top 3 seeds?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Our screen game was quiet because Cook was out...he's back, and hopefully Mattison is ready for more touches as well. I've wondered why Irv isn't split out wide much which could create 2 mismatches, but I like the idea of splitting Ham occasionally.

I have the same feeling going in as well...only a little better. I know it's a stretch to think we'll win, but we did pull it off last week, so no reason it can't happen again.

To me it's laughable GB ended up the 2...but then we basically handed it to them by dorking both games against them.......we wouldn't do that a 3rd time if we faced them. Has any team gotten to the Super Bowl having taken out the top 3 seeds?
    Most 6 seeds who make it?

I am still feeling like we lose, but last weeks performance gave me the slightest glimmer of hope.

What worries me is:
    1) Nobody on the 49ers have talked trash on cousins yet.
    2) Talking heads are picking the Vikings (trendy pick after last week); but we play MUCH better as the underdog imo.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Most 6 seeds who make it?
    Ya most likely because that would need a 4 or 5 seed to win out on the other side for that not to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I am still feeling like we lose, but last weeks performance gave me the slightest glimmer of hope.

What worries me is:
    1) Nobody on the 49ers have talked trash on cousins yet.
    2) Talking heads are picking the Vikings (trendy pick after last week); but we play MUCH better as the underdog imo.
    Ya WTF, they know the Kirk curse by now lol.
    As for picks I'm still seeing a lot of straight up picks going with 9ers. I do see more picks for the Vikings against the spread though. So basically people are picking the 9ers to win the game but by less than 7.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm way more confident about this game than I was the NO game. Jimmy G threw 12 picks this year and I know just from the few 9er games I watched, I saw him throw several more that were dropped. There were a ton of those in the first 9ers/Seahawks game.

GB vs Sea to me is a toss up. I think both teams are good but not great and it could very well come down to the final minutes. No idea who wins and I don't think I really care. I'm confident we have more talent than both of them and can beat them.

How awesome would it be to march into Lambeau with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line and beat them! Gotta win on Saturday first though.
    IDK because beating GB to make it to the Super Bowl might almost seem as big as the Super Bowl for us fans lol. Ok, I know it really wouldn't but I bet it would feel pretty damn good.

Personally though, give me Seattle. I feel we just matchup better against Seattle. GB has given us fits with their pass rush and I would rather not face them again. Also, weather wise I think I'd prefer Seattle. Temps are supposed to really start dropping. Game next Sunday in GB would likely be in the teens, possibly cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    in other words, what our game plan is supposed to be every week

whatever happened to all those play action rollouts to Kirk's left that were so successful all October?
    Right. But unfortunately there have been a few games where they decide to not do that, for whatever reason. Also, the Saints were able to figure out how to limit our edge rushes in the second half, so I could see the 49ers copying that. We might have to make it a point of having Mattison bulldoze it up the middle a few times before they back off. Hopefully Stefanski and Kubiak can come up with a good game plan to mix it up in the run and throw off the 49ers D.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sherman stays on one side. Hopefully we take advantage of that and split CJ Ham out wide to Sherman a few times to completely remove him from the play.

Obviously if we were to do that over and over they'd adjust, but I guarantee we could get away with it a few times randomly throughout the game.
    Good idea. Couldn't we also just throw Bisi over there and load Diggs/Thielen on the other side in 3 WR sets, since he doesn't travel?

I'm a bit more confident in this game as well like everyone else than I was in the NO game. Coming into the playoffs is all about momentum which we had none coming in but now after that win in NO this team is riding an all time high.

The only thing that worries me is how our LB's will do against Kittle. I'm still confident Kendricks can get it done, not so sure about Barr or Wilson. The other thing I'm worried about is Shanahan knows Kirk well. I'm hoping the Browns hurry up and hire McDaniels so that Stefanski's head is in the game.

My gut is telling me the same. I don't feel quite as bad as I did going into the Saints game but it's not good. Their secondary is amazing so I expect Kirk will have trouble passing, WRs will also have issues getting open and I also feel like our Oline doesn't stand a chance against the 49ers Dline so Kirk will be on the ground most of the game. The only chance we have is running the ball and the screen game. If we can do both of those well, we will have a chance. I don't think this ends well for us but like last week, I'd love to be surprised.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast