Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,884

    A New Way to be a Lions Fan

    So here's a thought. We're the Lions. We suck. We'll always suck. Why keep rooting for this garbage franchise game in and game out knowing we'll just get our souls crushed?

    Instead of blaming management, coaching, refs, conspiracies, or everyone else under the sun, how bout we simply root AGAINST the Lions?

    I spent the last 75% of this season rooting for the Lions to lose, and it was AMAZING.

    Instead of blaming everyone for how our stupid bastard Lions got screwed, I simply rooted for them to lose.

    I didn't pick a new team, I kept the Lions as my team, and instead of rooting for them to win, I simply switched to rooting for them to lose, and it was the greatest season of fanhood I can remember.

    Join me!

    **** the Lions!
    Last edited by GuySir; 01-07-2020 at 03:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    11,427
    tbh I haven't actually rooted for the Lions to win for like 2 years now. They don't give you any reason to root for them. They don't have any player outside of Stafford that you actually can support.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,776
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    So here's a thought. We're the Lions. We suck. We'll always suck. Why keep rooting for this garbage franchise game in and game out knowing we'll just get our souls crushed?

    Instead of blaming management, coaching, refs, conspiracies, or everyone else under the sun, how bout we simply root AGAINST the Lions?

    I spent the last 75% of this season rooting for the Lions to lose, and it was AMAZING.

    Instead of blaming everyone for how our stupid bastard Lions got screwed, I simply rooted for them to lose.

    I didn't pick a new team, I kept the Lions as my team, and instead of rooting for them to win, I simply switched to rooting for them to lose, and it was the greatest season of fanhood I can remember.

    Join me!

    **** the Lions!
    They're going to **** you and win it all this coming year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,419
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    they're going to **** you and win it all this coming year.
    nsol?
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 01-07-2020 at 10:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,049
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    They're going to **** you and win it all this coming year.
    by win it all he means 4 wins max

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,776
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    by win it all he means 4 wins max
    nah, like 6.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    32,351
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    So here's a thought. We're the Lions. We suck. We'll always suck. Why keep rooting for this garbage franchise game in and game out knowing we'll just get our souls crushed?

    Instead of blaming management, coaching, refs, conspiracies, or everyone else under the sun, how bout we simply root AGAINST the Lions?

    I spent the last 75% of this season rooting for the Lions to lose, and it was AMAZING.

    Instead of blaming everyone for how our stupid bastard Lions got screwed, I simply rooted for them to lose.

    I didn't pick a new team, I kept the Lions as my team, and instead of rooting for them to win, I simply switched to rooting for them to lose, and it was the greatest season of fanhood I can remember.

    Join me!

    **** the Lions!
    I was in a similar boat. Rooting for them to lose to better our draft pick. It was exciting to see them put up just enough of a fight to not make it look obvious. I didnít mind the bad calls, dropped passes or poor play calling.... itís probably the closest Iíll feel to winning.
    ^^ ^^

    click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I was in a similar boat. Rooting for them to lose to better our draft pick. It was exciting to see them put up just enough of a fight to not make it look obvious. I didnít mind the bad calls, dropped passes or poor play calling.... itís probably the closest Iíll feel to winning.
    It was glorious! Watching all the nonsense go against the Lions, and cheering for it to happen, damn near orgasmic

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,734
    I've been rooting against them since the beginning of 2019 season. Will be rooting against them until Quinn/Patricia get fired.

    Unfortunately, that just means Patricia will scrape together 10 wins this season on a favorable schedule and get a contract extension for both of them.

    Then back to the 4-6 win seasons we go pals.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,049
    i will root for them to win until i realize we're not contending which is around week 2

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    i will root for them to win until i realize we're not contending which is around week 2
    bingo!

    trick yourself into thinking we have a chance, buy into the offseason garb, root for a miracle, and then after a couple weeks when it's obvious we're the same loser Lions we'll always be, root for the L's and it's fun again

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    32,351
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    It was glorious! Watching all the nonsense go against the Lions, and cheering for it to happen, damn near orgasmic
    Damn near?
    Let me tell you something Brother! It was running wild!
    ^^ ^^

    click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    24,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Damn near?
    Let me tell you something Brother! It was running wild!
    oh it would be one thing if I was jet stealing, kiss stealing, wheelin' dealin' whatever

    but I was basically just throwing jizz everywhere

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,434
    I honestly wonder what this fan base will do when/if they ever win a Super Bowl. 10 mins will had past since clock strikes 0:00 and we will all complain about the SOL and be worried about them ****ing the parade up or white house visit somehow.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    78,419
    I'd probably be dead from alcohol poisoning watching that game, let alone what I'd consume if they actually won.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •