Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rank the current season for these 4 players

who is having the best year between

simmons
    ingram
    tatum
    dmitch

Tatum and simmons have been defensive monsters this year where is ingram/Dmitch offensively are better. Id still give simmons the nod over these 4

Good decision to leave Bam off as heís clearly been the best player from his rookie class this season.

Iíd go:

Mitchell
    Simmons
    Ingram
    Tatum

Simmons having a skill so bad that it literally losses his team multiple games just by a team switching to a zone is why I have him behind Mitchell who is on a tear right now.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    who is having the best year between

simmons
    ingram
    tatum
    dmitch

Tatum and simmons have been defensive monsters this year where is ingram/Dmitch offensively are better. Id still give simmons the nod over these 4
    Simmons should be running away from the others with his height and skills but the gaping hole in his game brings him right down. I think you could go any direction with this list. Important to note Ingram's not doing much winning so his stats could be difficult to gauge with those on winning teams. It'll be interesting to see his value this off season but even then he'll be a centerpiece in a no talent free agent class. So again it might be hard to gauge cuz someone will likely overpay. Mitchell's pretty much the same as last season, consistently good. Tatum's shooting has been inconsistent and downright dreadful some nights but he's a clearly better defender, rebounder and even play maker than in his 2 previous seasons. And he still doesn't turn 22 until March. Give me any of these guys and I'd be pleased. I think your 1-4 one night could go the exact opposite direction three nights later.

Simmons should be first but he's last on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Simmons should be first but he's last on my list.
    statistically overall he is probably first.... but i dont even blame you to put him last until he grows a set.

Top two can go either way..

Mitchell
    Tatum

Simmons
    Ingram

Simmons SHOULD be at the top..but i just cant. Ingram is hard to put up there also due to not winning games and what would happen if he had multiple the main scoring option? A guy like Tatum is still putting up solid numbers even with other good scoring options around him.

Just this year

Simmons, Ingram, Mitchell, Tatum.

Simmons is far and away the biggest contributor to his team of the 4, regardless of what you think about the holes in his game. Ingram might be MIP. Mitchell is pretty average on high volume, but his team needs someone to be high volume. Tatum needs to find his place on offense. Jaylen Brown is overshadowing him pretty severely atm.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Just this year

Simmons, Ingram, Mitchell, Tatum.

Simmons is far and away the biggest contributor to his team of the 4, regardless of what you think about the holes in his game. Ingram might be MIP. Mitchell is pretty average on high volume, but his team needs someone to be high volume. Tatum needs to find his place on offense. Jaylen Brown is overshadowing him pretty severely atm.
    I would agree that Brown is overshadowing him atm. However, Tatum's skills set is incredible, he just need to figure out how to be more consistent with it. However, averaging 21/7/3 with other credible options around him isn't anything to sneeze at either.

I have a hard time putting Simmons up there with a 15/7/7 stat line and shooting 59% from the line and absolutely no outside game. He hurts his team (how PHI is currently constructed) just as much as his athleticism and such helps them.

statistically overall he is probably first.... but i dont even blame you to put him last until he grows a set.
    how so?

I think its close. There is probably an argument for each, but I'll go with Ingram so far this year. After that, probably Simmons or Mitchell with Tatum last.

I like the dude though. His defence is balls out.. How does he carry that over to the other end. If he can figure that out he's super star tier

I like the dude though. His defence is balls out.. How does he carry that over to the other end. If he can figure that out he's super star tier
    He carries it by having a team around him that moves at a more frantic pace.

I heard an interesting one the other day:
    When the Sixers play at a 110 pace or higher, Simmons BPM, VORP, and almost every other metric is top 5.

When the Sixers play at a 95 pace or lower, Embiids metrics all come top 5.

Right now we play at a 98 pace with no Simmons but having Embiid. 105 with Simmons but not Embiid. 101 with both. So the team isnít really optimized to work with either and they are both in some of their worse pacing with both in.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He carries it by having a team around him that moves at a more frantic pace.

I heard an interesting one the other day:
    When the Sixers play at a 110 pace or higher, Simmons BPM, VORP, and almost every other metric is top 5.

When the Sixers play at a 95 pace or lower, Embiids metrics all come top 5.

Right now we play at a 98 pace with no Simmons but having Embiid. 105 with Simmons but not Embiid. 101 with both. So the team isnít really optimized to work with either and they are both in some of their worse pacing with both in.
    It's unfortunate that the best players the 76ers got out of their rebuild don't suit one another very well. But Atleast they both have value

It's unfortunate that the best players the 76ers got out of their rebuild don't suit one another very well. But Atleast they both have value
    Problem is it's a true and false statement at the same time. The two following lineups optimized the advanced metrics of both players and played at a 102 pace (so a great blend): Simmons/JJ/RoCo/Saric/Embiid and Simmons/JJ/Belinelli/Ilyasova/Embiid.

Hence why I think Brand has been so bad.

Tatum is ripping Ingram a new ******* as we speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast