Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Eh, it’s just a position the eagles have not cared about the last couple of years. Not surprised. Would’ve liked that kind of talent and athleticism but it’s just not their style at all. I expect moreso for them to keep investing in the trenches. I would’ve moreso expected Fowler than Littleton. It’s just how they operate

And they aren’t entirely wrong with horrible LB play they were still #1 in rushing defense I believe

I think they need to bolster pass rush and the secondary at this point. I foresee LB being “helped” in the 3rd/4th round

For now I moreso see us signing a pass rusher and CB. I think as of now the more interesting situation is Alshon Jeffrey and WR

We haven’t heard a peep there. At this point I expect they’re trying to trade him instead of releasing him and I have a feeling they won’t make any WR moves until that happens.

Also as of right now draft wise the raiders with their LB signings are wide open to draft WR, I think the 49ers may do so, granted they have a gaping hole with Buckner gone so they may choose to fill that

Broncos are still a threat

Benefit is it’s a deep WR class. That helps us in terms of guys slipping because the cowboys aren’t a threat anymore which they would’ve been had they let Cooper walk. I’m hoping the broncos and or raiders sign someone. Or the 49ers even. It’s becoming likelier that jeudy and lamb won’t both go top 15. Which means they’re in a more trade up space for us. I think we can possibly get one of them at 13-14 tbh just have to leap frog Denver. I think the raiders are a shoe in to take one. Especially with them fixing their defense through free agency it seems

The landing spots before us:

11. Jets
    12. Raiders
    13. 49ers
    15. Broncos
    18. Miami (Doubtful, but they have ammo long term if they love someone)
    19. Raiders

I'd expect there could be another team or two (Vikings at 22 & 25) looking at the receivers for a move up, but if you make it in that certain range with both of them available then it's not in bad shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    The landing spots before us:

11. Jets
    12. Raiders
    13. 49ers
    15. Broncos
    18. Miami (Doubtful, but they have ammo long term if they love someone)
    19. Raiders

I'd expect there could be another team or two (Vikings at 22 & 25) looking at the receivers for a move up, but if you make it in that certain range with both of them available then it's not in bad shape.
    The benefit for us is I believe the 49ers probably are looking at Kinlaw to replace Buckner

I think the jets and raiders are both going to look WR possibly. I also think that with the raiders and them having 12 and 19 I actually think you could trade up with them. I believe they wouldn’t mind taking a WR at 19 or 22 if they can get other assets

I wonder if they’d also take Alshon as Gruden has always liked him

I’m positive teams will look at the raiders to trade up. They’re doing a great job rebuilding and Jon Gruden getting a 1st, 3rd and 4th would be thrilled

I could also see the dolphins liking jeudy if they draft tua

Also if the Vikings want a WR which I doubt because they could get a useful replacement at 22-25. They don’t need a #1 guy. But they have the assets to move up.

WR is one of those positions that I’ve always believed to be a luxury. When you’re the jets or raiders your first thing should be getting the line right. Especially the jets who are pummeling Darnold

But these teams stay in the negative for a reason raiders are in more of a position.

Also I still believe they won’t make any moves at WR until Alshon and/or DeSean are figured out. Eagles don’t typically value WR that much and they have a lot of money tied to it right now. I believe the first domino to fall is Alshon and then we’ll see something

Robinson seems likeliest unless we take too long

Wouldn’t mind seeing Demarcus Robinson and maybe drafting a guy still at 21 like Jefferson or Higgins. Or I guess ruggs if he slips

Jalen Mills coming back on a 1 year deal and moving to safety.

I'm not liking how the legal tampering period has gone by so far. Not just with the lack of impactful signings from eagles but how the rest of the NFC is changing.

Jalen Mills coming back as a safety is both interesting from a CB perspective and a Rodney McLeod perspective. Guess that means he’s gone

Smart move for jalen Mills though. Probably saw his market was weak and thought a 1 year prove it deal as a safety could lead to big money come next year. Smart move on his end.

For the eagles it’s strange. Bringing a guy like Mills back means you intend to start him. And maybe it works out but it’s an odd move.

Also means they’re still open for business at CB.

I’m interested to see his effectiveness at safety. I’m not as down on mills as most. I think he’s a smart player who is very team oriented. Still concerned about Jenkins though. And with McLeod seemingly gone I’m not sure we can afford to lose Jenkins. Nor am I sure we have his eventual replacement yet

Looks like we declined Malcom Jenkins option

“Malcolm Jenkins has been an outstanding player for us and we are proud of everything he accomplished both on and off the field during his time in Philadelphia,” the team said in a statement. “Malcolm was a great teammate and leader, as well as one of the toughest and most reliable players to ever play in our city. After thorough discussion with Malcolm and his agent, Ben Dogra, both sides agreed on the difficult decision to turn the page on what was an incredible six-year relationship. We wish Malcolm and his family all the best as he pursues his next opportunity.”
    Very interesting..didn't want to commit guaranteed $$ for aging, albeit very good, safety. I'd imagine Mills will be in a hyprid role as S/CB

Mills might be the new Jenkins?

Man, it was a pleasure watching 27.

Damn, Jenkins was the first guy that actually replaced Dawkins. Took forever to find that. Someone is gonna get a hell of a player. Hopefully not Dallas lol

That means Mills is guaranteed to start. Hoping we bring McLeod back then. But the free agency pool is getting wonky with safeties

I have my doubts that we draft a WR in the first

This is some BS.

Clinton-dix and Adrian Phillips are still out there. Both young

Would like to see the eagles swing on them

Jenkins will get paid and ball out wherever he goes. This is ridiculous imo. We have a good thing going and now created a new position of need we have to fill. Like someone said it took ages to find Dawkins replacement and now it will take time to find a Jenkins replacement.

This is stupid. **** howie that ****ing loser. He cant even ****ing draft for ****. WTF is he doing. Mother****er cant draft, cant sign and lets jenkins go. ****ing loser hasn't done **** for the eagles lately.

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast