Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Itís one of those things that I recognize is wrong, and incredibly stupid. But itís one of those things that I just have a hard time believing he is anti Semitic

And if he is then ya heís kinda just playing into ignorance and discrimination

But this screams stupidity over discrimination to me

I have no preference on cut or not cut

I thought joe banners comments were a bit toting the line to say the least even if they were probably true
    I won't lie, I do think it's hard to believe that he's anti-semetic. But I also have a hard time believing anyone could be stupid enough to think "I'll go ahead and post this quote I think is from Adolf Hiter, that is expressly anti-semetic, but I don't mean it anti-semetic". I also have a hard time believing anyone could think "I'll go ahead and post this quote I think is from Adolf Hitler on my social media. And yet, here we are.

All of this is so hard to believe that it's in a weird gray area where any bit of it could be sheer stupidity, or truthful and his beliefs. I just cannot believe any human being could post that on their social media, let alone a public figure like this, and not see where there would be a major backlash.

End of the day, I find whatever ends up happening with Jackson to be likely deserved. If the Eagles keep him, I get it. If the Eagles cut him, I get it. I'm just glad, as I've said, that I don't have to make the choice.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-07-2020 at 05:14 PM.

I dont know desean personally so i can only hypothesize but i believe he truly is that stupid. No educated black man would ever post a hitler quote, real or not, and think he was on his side or thought of him as any less than sub human.

Regardless of intention the post was wrong. However me personally, i believe the intention matters a lot when it comes to punishment. If hes simply fired he walks away with millions of dollars in severance pay and learns nothing, this should be a teaching moment. Teach him why what he said was hateful and help him be better going forward, because the alternative is let him continue to hold ignorant beliefs and get a nice pay day for not working and spreading hate. Unless you can void his contract over this its a financial issue as well as a moral issue

Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    I dont know desean personally so i can only hypothesize but i believe he truly is that stupid. No educated black man would ever post a hitler quote, real or not, and think he was on his side or thought of him as any less than sub human.

Regardless of intention the post was wrong. However me personally, i believe the intention matters a lot when it comes to punishment. If hes simply fired he walks away with millions of dollars in severance pay and learns nothing, this should be a teaching moment. Teach him why what he said was hateful and help him be better going forward, because the alternative is let him continue to hold ignorant beliefs and get a nice pay day for not working and spreading hate. Unless you can void his contract over this its a financial issue as well as a moral issue
    the fact no nfl player spoke out against his antisemitic comments says a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the fact no nfl player spoke out against his antisemitic comments says a lot...
    Most nfl players dont speak out against most things so i dont understand this arguement. The few that do have been vocal about very specific issues in support of a specific cause so i dont get why people expect them to jump to say something when they themselves may be misinformed/ignorant on this specific subject

Marquise Goodwin is now running his mouth about the Jews.

6th rounder Quez Watkins signed his contract and so has the Prince, another 6th rounder.
    Last edited by John S; 07-10-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Thinking that we could take an opportunity to highlight some players we are either expecting a leap in production, simply excited to see play this year, or feel is critical to the teams overall success.

Starting with: Derek Barnett

I see Barnett as someone who hasn't lived up to the potential of his draft pedigree yet. We've heard the hype on him the last two years, but so far he's been about an average starter. Still only 24 years old -- this year could go a long way to solidifying our defensive front for years to come. The flashes have been there and seemed to take a step forward in 2019, especially towards the end of the season after the ankle injury healed up. At the same time he was second on the team in defensive penalties so his discipline and consistency will need to improve if he's going to take another step forward in 2020.

I think it's critical that he takes a leap next year for us to really come together as a defense. We'd made some changes in the secondary, but it really starts upfront with consistent pressure. If Barnett can become a force on the outside that will open the door for Graham and Cox to flourish even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Thinking that we could take an opportunity to highlight some players we are either expecting a leap in production, simply excited to see play this year, or feel is critical to the teams overall success.

Starting with: Derek Barnett

I see Barnett as someone who hasn't lived up to the potential of his draft pedigree yet. We've heard the hype on him the last two years, but so far he's been about an average starter. Still only 24 years old -- this year could go a long way to solidifying our defensive front for years to come. The flashes have been there and seemed to take a step forward in 2019, especially towards the end of the season after the ankle injury healed up. At the same time he was second on the team in defensive penalties so his discipline and consistency will need to improve if he's going to take another step forward in 2020.

I think it's critical that he takes a leap next year for us to really come together as a defense. We'd made some changes in the secondary, but it really starts upfront with consistent pressure. If Barnett can become a force on the outside that will open the door for Graham and Cox to flourish even further.
    I feel like we kinda need him to...I mean, Cox and Graham aren't getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I feel like we kinda need him to...I mean, Cox and Graham aren't getting any younger.
    Agreed, he's one of our most critical players at this point. If he's unable to become more consistent and make the impact we've been expecting then I would expect pass rusher at the top of the list next off season. We already beefed up the middle of the line with the Hargrave addition and Graham is a FA after 2021.

I'll roll with another one: Dallas Goedert

The front office clearly wanted to add speed on the outside and they were able to do that with Reagor, Goodwin, and the return of DeSean. We can all safely say that the element of speed was sorely lacking last year, but I'm starting to believe that the additions equally have to do with unleashing Goedert.

Can both Ertz and Goedert be top tier tight ends in 2020? Talent wise? Absolutely

The Eagles have 128 targets (21.1% of all targets) with 1,260 air yards available. That excludes the 73 targets that Jeffery received, who is likely to begin on the PUP list, or the 40 from Greg Ward. I'm sure DeSean who had 10 targets, Reagor, and Goodwin will eat into some of those numbers. Our offense was top 10 in pass attempts, averaging 37.7 in 2019 and 37.2 in 2018. I'd expect another 600-620 attempts next year with a more efficient scoring offense.

The Eagles ran 11 personnel 41% of the time and 12 personnel 52% in 2019. That was a large increase compared to 2018 where we ran 56% in 11 and 36% in 12. Part of that increase can be attributed to the injuries on the outside, but also the clear emergence of Goedert. How do you utilize the 12 personnel the best? Having speed that will keep the defense honest in opening the middle of the field and offers the opportunity to have both tight ends wreak havoc out of the slot more freely.

Ertz had 135 targets and Goedert with 87 -- The last team to have two tight ends over 100 targets were the Patriots in 2011 with Gronk having 124 and Hernandez 113. I think it's reasonable to expect Ertz will maintain 130 and Goedert can hover right around 100-110 given the makeup of our roster.

Goedert is one of my favorite Eagles and has Travis Kelce type talent..we should be doing everything we can to utilize him.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 07-13-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Jason Peters was signed to play right guard in place of Brandon Brooks and Jalen Mills is moving to safety.

Hopefully the next thing I read is Everson Griffen to Philly on a 1 year deal

I rather Yannick over anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

If the Eagles play, the city has announced that there will be NO fans in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    If the Eagles play, the city has announced that there will be NO fans in the stands.
    My whole family opted out of the season tickets before this news and I know that was the general censuses when discussing with friends.

Yannick is saying that he would play under the tag if traded....hmmmm....

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast