Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 852
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,692
    Chances of the Eagles getting Jamal Adams?

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Chances of the Eagles getting Jamal Adams?
    Personally Id say very low. Hes probably gonna cost a lot not to mention joe Douglas probably will be tough to negotiate with since he probably doesnt want it to look like howie got the best of him. Hed probably be a 1st plus a 3rd or something which I just think you dont pay for a safety. Also, hes gonna want to be paid big money soon and eagles already have a lot of issues going forward with regard to the salary cap.

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,768
    I would not give up a 1st and extra pick for a safety.

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517

    Eagles Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    I would not give up a 1st and extra pick for a safety.
    Neither would I. Most I think Id give up is a 2nd but I think its gonna take a lot more than that

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Desean trolling


    Your baby can't do this

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,502
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    We drafted some guys for the interior that I think they like a lot so we'll see. Wouldnt mind bringing in Warford though whos 29 and a vet

    Hes declined some but Im sure he can get the job done
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I said this in the main forum but I wonder if jack Driscoll, this years 4th round pick, is an option to temporarily replace brooks. Hes really athletic and smart, just like the eagles like. If hes good then the eagles can flip him to play LG next offseason when brooks comes back
    I think Driscoll will definitely get his chance and we'll really need Lane Johnson to stay healthy this year on that side. There are a couple FA options as depth, Warford is slow & poor for pass protection, but he's a mammoth in the run game. I'd like to add another body there with some experience in case some other injuries occur.

    I'd LOVE Adams as much as anybody else would, but don't think we'll make a play for him. He's more of a fantastic box safety with some coverage skills -- where I'd probably like the reverse with how our secondary has been the last few years. The cap situation is a little rough next year so we'll really need to retool with picks to build back up the depth.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 06-24-2020 at 09:48 AM.

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,714
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    I would not give up a 1st and extra pick for a safety.
    Tell that to Steelers and Minkah Fitzpatrick, who absolutely transformed that defense into near elite.

    People need to stop looking at positions and value players for their actual talent. Adams is easily a top 50-100 player and definitely worth a first round pick.

    But again I wanted Ramsey for a first and id also love Yannick for a first becausw these are proven still young elite players.

    However Howie values firsts a lot and rarely throws them around but for a team that's on brink of dynasty level like us, I'd do these deals and im sure Howie would too its just the damn cap that's keeping us from doing all these moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Tell that to Steelers and Minkah Fitzpatrick, who absolutely transformed that defense into near elite.

    People need to stop looking at positions and value players for their actual talent. Adams is easily a top 50-100 player and definitely worth a first round pick.

    But again I wanted Ramsey for a first and id also love Yannick for a first becausw these are proven still young elite players.

    However Howie values firsts a lot and rarely throws them around but for a team that's on brink of dynasty level like us, I'd do these deals and im sure Howie would too its just the damn cap that's keeping us from doing all these moves.
    Yeah, personally I wasn't worried about spending the pick, I was more wondering if there was a way to make the cap work. I mean, who are we conceivably losing next year to lower the cap? It seems like, at this point, we need to rollover the cap space we have left if we want to keep as much of this team as possible. That's another reason I feel like losing Brooks hurts so much. We now almost have to replace him.

    I think Driscoll or maybe even The Fresh Prince (Wanogho...Man I hope he sticks just for the name...) may have a chance of starting as well.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Desean Jackson "claims" the the anti-Semitic statements that he posted were "misconstrued".
    That's a good way to get cut.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,768
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Desean Jackson "claims" the the anti-Semitic statements that he posted were "misconstrued".
    That's a good way to get cut.
    Nah, Eagles didnt cut Riley Cooper when he said the N word.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Desean Jackson "claims" the the anti-Semitic statements that he posted were "misconstrued".
    That's a good way to get cut.
    They were. It was an extremely misguided attempt to spread the "black people are the original israelites" message. It was an idiotic post and he should be taught better rather than just condemned, like the other guy said riley cooper literally threatened violence against black people while using a racial slur and got a contract extension. But cancel culture is much stronger these days so who knows

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,303
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    They were. It was an extremely misguided attempt to spread the "black people are the original israelites" message. It was an idiotic post and he should be taught better rather than just condemned, like the other guy said riley cooper literally threatened violence against black people while using a racial slur and got a contract extension. But cancel culture is much stronger these days so who knows
    I'm not sure this is cancel culture. The man shared an Adolf Hitler, anti-semetic quote. DeSean Jackson has a brain and can read "Hitler" and understand who that is. You cannot post that ****.

    The team ****ed up the Riley Cooper thing. That moron should never have put another Eagles jersey on. Im not sure how I'd handle this one (and thankfully I dont have to), but I have no problem with the team or anyone who thinks Jackson needs to sail off into the sunset here.

    You can't blame cancel culture for a guy getting cut after reposting a Hitler quote. That is like, a universal "no-no". Just about everyone on the planet knows that's dumb beyond reason. That it's beyond stupid.

    I certainly hope for Jackson that he just really is that dumb and unaware of...I guess literally everything (though what a low bar we are clearing hoping that an individual is this stupid), but whatever comes to him for this regarding his status with the Philadelphia Eagles will likely be deserved.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-07-2020 at 01:07 PM.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,472
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not sure this is cancel culture. The man shared an Adolf Hitler, anti-semetic quote. DeSean Jackson has a brain and can read "Hitler" and understand who that is. You cannot post that ****.

    The team ****ed up the Riley Cooper thing. That moron should never have put another Eagles jersey on. Im not sure how I'd handle this one (and thankfully I dont have to), but I have no problem with the team or anyone who thinks Jackson needs to sail off into the sunset here.

    You can't blame cancel culture for a guy getting cut after reposting a Hitler quote. That is like, a universal "no-no". Just about everyone on the planet knows that's dumb beyond reason. That it's beyond stupid.

    I certainly hope for Jackson that he just really is that dumb and unaware of...I guess literally everything (though what a low bar we are clearing hoping that an individual is this stupid), but whatever comes to him for this regarding his status with the Philadelphia Eagles will likely be deserved.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    It wasn't a Hitler quote.

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,303
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It wasn't a Hitler quote.
    He didn't know that. What he posted was what HE thought was a quote from Adolf Hitler. He typed "as Adolf Hitler said". It honestly doesn't matter where the origins come from. If you, in your utter stupidity, share a quote and attribute it to Adolf Hitler...you are literally setting the fire to your own home. He doesn't get a pass because he couldn't source his material correctly. He thought it was a Hitler quote, he attributed it to Hitler, he posted it.

    Thats like, rule number 1 of social media. Don't share a Hitler quote. Its the most basic of basic things to not do. "Dont post your penis" is the other "no duh" rule. Shockingly, people don't want to see either of those things. Especially your employer.

    If he gets cut from the Eagles he deserves every bit of it for being an absolute idiot. I truthfully don't care if he ever plays another down for the Eagles after this. Im glad I'm not the one who has to make a decision on his future employment because its a very difficult decision to make.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-07-2020 at 04:18 PM.

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,833
    Its one of those things that I recognize is wrong, and incredibly stupid. But its one of those things that I just have a hard time believing he is anti Semitic

    And if he is then ya hes kinda just playing into ignorance and discrimination

    But this screams stupidity over discrimination to me

    I have no preference on cut or not cut

    I thought joe banners comments were a bit toting the line to say the least even if they were probably true

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •