Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Give me James Urban.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I'm also seeing Jim Caldwell. Sign me up for that too.
    Convince me.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Convince me.
    Track record with QBs speaks for itself in my opinion. Manning, Flaccos's Super Bowl year, Stafford statistically, Fitzmagic against us this year (lol).

#24ever

Don’t know much about O’Connell, I know that Caldwell fits a bill similar to shurmur as a trusted stable veteran

I’d be open to him for sure

O’Connell tbh I don’t remember much from the redskins offense

I like shurmur obviously

And James urban has done a lot with Lamar

Mike Kafka was someone I wanted last year. I’m sure there’s potential there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be a hell of a coordinator

Very smart guy.

Eagles need to replace reich, they never did and we hurt for it

Carson needs a guy to rest on. I’m on board with josh Mccown as our qb coach as well. That’s big time on my list

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Track record with QBs speaks for itself in my opinion. Manning, Flaccos's Super Bowl year, Stafford statistically, Fitzmagic against us this year (lol).
    I think Caldwell would be a nice hire as well. He's not as flashy and "offensive guru" style as many hope with the younger options, but he's been with some productive offenses.

He likely would offer long term continuity for the next 3-5 years. We've had a lot of turnover the last couple years so I think it's also important to give Wentz someone he can work with and build confidence in.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I think Caldwell would be a nice hire as well. He's not as flashy and "offensive guru" style as many hope with the younger options, but he's been with some productive offenses.

He likely would offer long term continuity for the next 3-5 years. We've had a lot of turnover the last couple years so I think it's also important to give Wentz someone he can work with and build confidence in.
    This is where I would invest highly in getting McCown as a WR or QB coach. He, in theory, would be your "young" offensive mind. Work his way up to OC whenever/if Caldwell leaves.

#24ever

I don’t need “young clever mind”

But I’d like one unless you have a guy like shurmur or Caldwell come in who know offensive football

Reich wasn’t some wizard. He just was a good fit with both Carson and Doug. You could tell the eagles schemed better during the week. They always came out firing and the in game adjustments were on point. And Carson had a consistent guiding hand

Now getting someone who is a young clever mind ideally could do both

But I just don’t want these brutal play calls we’ve had for the past 2 years. Seemed like we were scheming people covered

Eagles Offseason Thread

I think my top choice would be mike Kafka for OC

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Don’t know much about O’Connell, I know that Caldwell fits a bill similar to shurmur as a trusted stable veteran

I’d be open to him for sure

O’Connell tbh I don’t remember much from the redskins offense

I like shurmur obviously

And James urban has done a lot with Lamar

Mike Kafka was someone I wanted last year. I’m sure there’s potential there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be a hell of a coordinator

Very smart guy.

Eagles need to replace reich, they never did and we hurt for it

Carson needs a guy to rest on. I’m on board with josh Mccown as our qb coach as well. That’s big time on my list
    I don't believe that Urban thing at all. I think that's more to do with Greg Roman, especially seeing he was the same guy who helped Karpernick lead that team to the SB. I'll pass on Urban.

Caldwell also is 64, so how much long does he truly have left in the league or how creative can he be? I'll pass on him too.

I don't get the Kafka hype either.

I wish we can convince Tony romo to leave the booth and be our O coordinator, would be amazing.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

https://youtu.be/2fzR4DqCyG8

A very up and down season, but I think this kid has shown enough to think that he could be a nice building block going forward. If he cleans up some things I think he could be a pretty damn good player in this league and will be one less position for this team to worry about.

Your baby can't do this

Convince me.
    He is supposedly great with QB's. I'll share the link.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think my top choice would be mike Kafka for OC
    Why? Guys getting so much hype. I am not being negative, i just want to know?

We previously mentioned Caldwell as a Frank Reich replacement in 2018. The allure is that quarterbacks have excelled when he’s worked with them.

Caldwell was the Indianapolis Colts’ assistant head coach and quarterbacks from 2002 through 2008. Peyton Manning’s accomplishments in that seven-year span: two-time NFL MVP, one-time Super Bowl MVP, four-time first-team All Pro, seven-time Pro Bowler. Pretty good. Caldwell was promoted to head coach and went 24-8 in his first two seasons before Manning missed the 2011 season with a neck injury and the Colts went 2-14.

Caldwell landed with the Baltimore Ravens, where he served as their offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2012 through 2013. Joe Flacco went on an ELITE tear in the 2013 playoffs en route to a Super Bowl win. His numbers from that run : 14 TD, 0 INT, 117.2 passer rating. Just another mark in Caldwell’s favor.

Caldwell’s success in Baltimore inspired the Detroit Lions to give him a second chance as a head coach. The Lions went 36-28 over four years before firing him. Matthew Stafford made the only Pro Bowl of his career in Caldwell’s first year on the job and posted a 93.7 overall passer rating during the four years.

Caldwell spent two seasons out of the NFL before returning to the league as the Miami Dolphins’ assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach in 2019. Ryan Fitzpatrick went 5-8 as a starter, which was pretty good for working with a talent-depleted roster on a team that was aiming to tank.

I’m not perfectly sure what new schematic ideas the 64-year-old Caldwell would be bringing to the table in Philly but there’s no denying that quarterbacks have produced under his tutelage. I like the idea of pairing him with Carson Wentz.

It’s worth noting that Caldwell does have a Philly connection: he overlapped with current Eagles vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl in Baltimore
    bgn

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Why? Guys getting so much hype. I am not being negative, i just want to know?
    He’s supposedly great with QBs

Your baby can't do this

I want to see a veteran coach with a resume that gives him respect from the coaching staff and players day one. I think Kafka is a smart guy but give me a guy like Caldwell or Shurmur that comes in with a solid resume of having success as an OC.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast