Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Chances of the Eagles getting Jamal Adams?

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Chances of the Eagles getting Jamal Adams?
    Personally Id say very low. Hes probably gonna cost a lot not to mention joe Douglas probably will be tough to negotiate with since he probably doesnt want it to look like howie got the best of him. Hed probably be a 1st plus a 3rd or something which I just think you dont pay for a safety. Also, hes gonna want to be paid big money soon and eagles already have a lot of issues going forward with regard to the salary cap.

Your baby can't do this

I would not give up a 1st and extra pick for a safety.

Eagles Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Neither would I. Most I think Id give up is a 2nd but I think its gonna take a lot more than that

Your baby can't do this

Desean trolling

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    We drafted some guys for the interior that I think they like a lot so we'll see. Wouldnt mind bringing in Warford though whos 29 and a vet

Hes declined some but Im sure he can get the job done
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I said this in the main forum but I wonder if jack Driscoll, this years 4th round pick, is an option to temporarily replace brooks. Hes really athletic and smart, just like the eagles like. If hes good then the eagles can flip him to play LG next offseason when brooks comes back
    I think Driscoll will definitely get his chance and we'll really need Lane Johnson to stay healthy this year on that side. There are a couple FA options as depth, Warford is slow & poor for pass protection, but he's a mammoth in the run game. I'd like to add another body there with some experience in case some other injuries occur.

I'd LOVE Adams as much as anybody else would, but don't think we'll make a play for him. He's more of a fantastic box safety with some coverage skills -- where I'd probably like the reverse with how our secondary has been the last few years. The cap situation is a little rough next year so we'll really need to retool with picks to build back up the depth.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 06-24-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Tell that to Steelers and Minkah Fitzpatrick, who absolutely transformed that defense into near elite.

People need to stop looking at positions and value players for their actual talent. Adams is easily a top 50-100 player and definitely worth a first round pick.

But again I wanted Ramsey for a first and id also love Yannick for a first becausw these are proven still young elite players.

However Howie values firsts a lot and rarely throws them around but for a team that's on brink of dynasty level like us, I'd do these deals and im sure Howie would too its just the damn cap that's keeping us from doing all these moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Tell that to Steelers and Minkah Fitzpatrick, who absolutely transformed that defense into near elite.

People need to stop looking at positions and value players for their actual talent. Adams is easily a top 50-100 player and definitely worth a first round pick.

But again I wanted Ramsey for a first and id also love Yannick for a first becausw these are proven still young elite players.

However Howie values firsts a lot and rarely throws them around but for a team that's on brink of dynasty level like us, I'd do these deals and im sure Howie would too its just the damn cap that's keeping us from doing all these moves.
    Yeah, personally I wasn't worried about spending the pick, I was more wondering if there was a way to make the cap work. I mean, who are we conceivably losing next year to lower the cap? It seems like, at this point, we need to rollover the cap space we have left if we want to keep as much of this team as possible. That's another reason I feel like losing Brooks hurts so much. We now almost have to replace him.

I think Driscoll or maybe even The Fresh Prince (Wanogho...Man I hope he sticks just for the name...) may have a chance of starting as well.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950