Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I couldnít possibly begin to compare feelings today to decades before I was born. But I think itís fair to say theyíre the most hated team in sports today and with social media there are many ways to express that hate so it probably feels exaggerated.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Maybe if they were not so smug about it.

Stabler admitted that the roughing call on Sugar Bear was bogus in the 1976 divisional playoffs yet Brady refuses to come clean that Woodson stripped the ball from him to close out the infamous ď Tuck Game.Ē
    https://popculture.com/sports/2019/1...uck-rule-game/

I honestly think the GSW Dynasty was the most hated in all of sports

Quote Originally Posted by The Boztalian View Post
    Hadnít seen that one. The recent interview with Woodson annoyed me. Stand up comments by Brady. I stand corrected and will have my crow medium rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Boztalian View Post
    Hmmmmm 🤔 So they decide to publish that in October of 2019 3 months before their season came too an end.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thereís always gonna be haters of championship winners but when it comes to the patriots, I think itíd be different if they didnít keep getting linked to cheating scandals.
    You're probably right. Remember though, the Niners were fined draft picks and millions of $$ for cheating the salary cap in a year they won the SB. Same with the Broncos a few years later. Cheating isn't new just back then it was looked upon as "gamesmanship." It's always gonna be easy to hate a perceived cheater but the most important element is the cheater has to be winning. A lot. And the more they win (and hang around) the easier they are to hate. The difference in media attention between the 80s Niners and the 2000 Patriots is night and day. Like the Warriors, the Patriots are doing it during the era of social media, click bait journalism and fake news. Repeat a lie often enough and it eventually becomes fact. The media's not even remotely the same as years passed and they're 100x more cynical and mean-spirited. They can create and tear down anyone they choose and they know it. Who knows what the 1950's Yankees or 1960's Packers may have been doing? But their legacy will remain unscathed.

Are the Patriots the most hated dynasty of all time?

The cheating scandals definitely takes some luster from the Patriots dynasty.

As a Raiders fan it would be hypocritical of me to have a negative opinion because the Raiders pushed the envelope for decades when they were relevant.

Bottom line-Belichick is the most brilliant football mind the NFL has ever seen. Halas, Lombardi, Al Davis-The Hoodie surpasses them all.

Itís not just his tenure in New England. His defensive game plan in the Super Bowl against Buffalo was superb.

Thatís why the Patriots have had the most dominant run, ever...

It has nothing to do with any of the scandals. But perception can be reality in the court of public opinion and society likes to tear down success stories.

Last edited by Proximo; 01-08-2020 at 12:11 AM.

I can't get past the use of the singular term "dynasty", because there is no single Patriots dynasty. There are two of them, the 2001 - 2004 dynasty, and the 2014 - present dynasty.

It is just absurd to count the 10-year period between 2004 and 2014 when no Super Bowls were won as "dynasty" years. A dynasty is a time of domination in terms of championships won, a period is a period of time where you where you are winning more titles than anyone and are never going long without winning a title.

You could fit all the other actual dynasties, including the 49ers 1981 - 1989 dynasty, inside the period of time in the alleged "20 year Patriots dynasty" when the Patriots didn't win a championship. That makes the concept of a singular Patriots dynasty silly.

I mean, what if we asked a player who started their NFL career in 2005 and ended it in late December 2014 "how was it to play your 10-year career during the Patriot's dynasty"? He could reply with "well, they never won the Super Bowl while I was playing so I never really thought of it like that".

Crazy.
    Last edited by StephenR897; 01-08-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenR897 View Post
    I can't get past the use of the singular term "dynasty", because there is no single Patriots dynasty. There are two of them, the 2001 - 2004 dynasty, and the 2014 - present dynasty.

It is just absurd to count the 10-year period between 2004 and 2014 when no Super Bowls were won as "dynasty" years. A dynasty is a time of domination in terms of championships won, a period is a period of time where you where you are winning more titles than anyone and are never going long without winning a title.

You could fit all the other actual dynasties, including the 49ers 1981 - 1989 dynasty, inside the period of time in the alleged "20 year Patriots dynasty" when the Patriots didn't win a championship. That makes the concept of a singular Patriots dynasty silly.

I mean, what if we asked a player who started their NFL career in 2005 and ended it in late December 2014 "how was it to play your 10-year career during the Patriot's dynasty"? He could reply with "well, they never won the Super Bowl while I was playing so I never really thought of it like that".

Crazy.
    I guess Patriots fans like to forget 2007 and 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I guess Patriots fans like to forget 2007 and 2011.
    I guess Eagle fans like to forget 1980 and Rod Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenR897 View Post

Crazy.
    You have to admit that their two decades of sustained winning is impressive-especially in the salary cap era.

Yeah-dynasty may be the wrong word to describe the Patriots run and to my knowledge Tom Brady is the only player to be a part of it from A-Z,

Dallas had a similar run. Hell my Raiders were great from 1966-1986 but both organizations fall short of Super Bowl Wins.

Dallas had only a 6 year period of decline between eras.

I do see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I guess Eagle fans like to forget 1980 and Rod Martin.
    Damn, Raider fan out there owning me about events that happened before I was even born.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Damn, Raider fan out there owning me about events that happened before I was even born.
    LoL-been awhile since the Raiders were relevant.
    All kidding aside Vermeil had some great teams in Philly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12