Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the Patriots the most hated dynasty of all time?

Rather or not you root for them or despise them you have to give them credit for what they've accomplished the last 20 yrs. But do they deserve all the hate? Or would you put another team/s as the most hated dynasty of all time? And what will people say if another team replicates the same success will they get a free pass because it's not New England or will they give them the same criticism?

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Thereís always gonna be haters of championship winners but when it comes to the patriots, I think itíd be different if they didnít keep getting linked to cheating scandals.

Your baby can't do this

One scandal after another, B&B's relentless arrogance, on and on and on.

They're just incredibly easy to hate, and I say that as someone who stands in awe of what they've achieved over these past two decades. I literally flew to Boston for the Super Bowl last year because I wanted to experience it with my college buddy/lifelong Pats fan friend, as I was pretty sure it would be their last ride, so I myself am no hater.

But yeah I would say they probably top the Yankees. Most hateable. Gotta be.

I don't hate the Pats.

I hate that they cheat though.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

I hate the pats as much as i love the vikings. Im deep in patriot territory though, so the rest of the country will probably have a different opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

No, they're just the most recent (and current) one. I'd hate the 90s cowboys, 80s 49ers, and 70s Steelers too if I were in those decades; i can say this with certainty because their fans are the ****ing worst when they're relevant even without winning SBs because they just talk about their ancient dynasties.

Hate them or love them, it's insane what they've achieved with a salary cap.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Maybe if they were not so smug about it.

Stabler admitted that the roughing call on Sugar Bear was bogus in the 1976 divisional playoffs yet Brady refuses to come clean that Woodson stripped the ball from him to close out the infamous ď Tuck Game.Ē

That said-The hoodie is a genius and Brady would never be in the GOAT conversation without him.

Personally-I am looking forward to the empire collapsing. Though I think Belichick can continue to win without Brady.

If we are talking across all sports I feel like the 2010's Heat (depending on your definition of dynasty)had to be up there. In football I can see the Patriots being up there, especially with social media and forums around it is hard to not interact or see something about them, sparking discussions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, they're just the most recent (and current) one. I'd hate the 90s cowboys, 80s 49ers, and 70s Steelers too if I were in those decades; i can say this with certainty because their fans are the ****ing worst when they're relevant even without winning SBs because they just talk about their ancient dynasties.

Hate them or love them, it's insane what they've achieved with a salary cap.
    You canít put all Patriots fans in the same basket Iíve said some negative things about them and Iím a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Maybe if they were not so smug about it.

Stabler admitted that the roughing call on Sugar Bear was bogus in the 1976 divisional playoffs yet Brady refuses to come clean that Woodson stripped the ball from him to close out the infamous ď Tuck Game.Ē

That said-The hoodie is a genius and Brady would never be in the GOAT conversation without him.

Personally-I am looking forward to the empire collapsing. Though I think Belichick can continue to win without Brady.
    Smug? Wouldnít you also say the 70s Steelers, 80s Cowboys etc were probably also smug?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    You canít put all Patriots fans in the same basket Iíve said some negative things about them and Iím a fan.

No, but I can make big generalizations that tend to be true about a large percentage of Pats fans. I know probably a dozen Pats fans in real life, and theres maybe 3 who don't make my brain bleed when talking football. Also all but one are just bandwagoners from the early 2000s who have literally never seen a bad season by their favorite team. The closest they've seen to a bad season was 11-5 with no playoffs and 12-4 losing in the wild card round.

That said, reread what I posted because I was talking about Cowboys/Steelers/49ers fans. The Pats are still relevant, you got a few more years before the fan base has to resort to "well look at da ringzzzzzz" levels of desperation.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Smug? Wouldnít you also say the 70s Steelers, 80s Cowboys etc were probably also smug?
    No-I wouldnít. And to qualify my remarks the smugness doesnít apply to the Boston sports media or the fans. I always have had awesome interactions with the Patriot faithful when I am in Boston. I even see a few Patriot Jim Plunkett jerseyís and the Patriot beat writers have always been first rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-06-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Itís spelt SMOG. [emoji849]

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, but I can make big generalizations that tend to be true about a large percentage of Pats fans. I know probably a dozen Pats fans in real life, and theres maybe 3 who don't make my brain bleed when talking football. Also all but one are just bandwagoners from the early 2000s who have literally never seen a bad season by their favorite team. The closest they've seen to a bad season was 11-5 with no playoffs and 12-4 losing in the wild card round.

That said, reread what I posted because I was talking about Cowboys/Steelers/49ers fans. The Pats are still relevant, you got a few more years before the fan base has to resort to "well look at da ringzzzzzz" levels of desperation.
    Well I guess the only good thing is I don't remember much of the Dallas dynasty during the 90s was born in 85 so don't recall anything before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    No-I wouldnít. And to qualify my remarks the smugness doesnít apply to the Boston sports media or the fans. I always have had awesome interactions with the Patriot faithful when I am in Boston. I even see a few Patriot Jim Plunkett jerseyís and the Patriot beat writers have always been first rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To me you can walk around wearing any teams jersey has long as your respectful and want to talk football I'm all for it.
    I've seen people walking around with Jets, Steelers, Giants jerseys etc while I'm wearing Patriots gear and none have been rude.

They're definitely the dynasty believed by their own fans to be hated the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast