Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Such a savvy move by beane trading out off the first round and getting a big piece with term. He read the tea leaves.

I am also wondering if we will come out of this draft with just like 4 picks, where we trade late rounders into the 3rd/4th round range as opposed to 6th/7th rd picks that may not make the roster.

Beane knows if we keep all our picks, not all will make the roster.

2 weeks baby! Although the new format may seem weird, will find out soon enough.

I saw that Brandon Aiyuik had core muscle surgery, if that makes him slip he could be a great value as well.

Alright guys, who are some of your favorite players in this draft? I'm going to exclude those who are out of reach for us. But, here who is I really like...

Jonathan Taylor, Shane Lemieux, Kyle Dugger, Jaylon Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk, John Simpson, Chase Claypool, Jeremy Chinn, Cam Akers, Stanford Samuels III, Reggie Robinson II, Antonio Gibson.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

LB
    Patrick Queen (most likely not happening)

RB
    Cam Akers
    Clyde Edwards Helaire

CB
    Kristian Fulton
    Bryce Hall

WR
    Brandon Aiyuk
    Antonio Gandy Golden
    Chase Claypool
    Van Jefferson
    KJ Hill

OT
    Matt Peart
    Ezra Cleveland
    Saadiq Charles

I love Queen as well, but yea, I don't see him getting anywhere close to the Bills striking distance. He's been trending up the board.

There's a lot of corner talent in this draft. There's a bigger need in the secondary than a lot of people realize. Little depth behind Poyer/Hyde and we could do much better than Wallace and Johnson opposite Tre.

I had some hope for D'Andre Swift, but he's trending up the board also.

My interest in Jonathan Taylor is growing as we're getting closer to draft day.

I also heard Trevon Diggs could slip to us, that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I also heard Trevon Diggs could slip to us, that would be interesting.
    Take a look at the top corner prospects. Every one of them in this draft, with the exception of Gladney, are 6' or taller. Incredible how that position has changed so much.

I don't think we take a corner early after signing Norman. We'd lose a year off of that entry contract on a guy that isn't going to step in and play a lot. More likely that if we take a corner it will be later in the draft.

Even as much as I love Taylor, I'm not even sure how high the Bills will spend a pick on a RB. That all depends on how much of a workload they want to give Singletary. If Taylor comes in, you're looking at about a dozen touches for each on average.

Gauging the Bills this year is a lot more difficult than it has been in the past.

Player A:
    XXX has been a very productive safety for the XXX over the past three years. He has an outstanding combination of size and strength for the position. XXX is more of a box safety in that he is much better defending the run than in coverage. He has decent range off the hash and could be effective in combination zone schemes but may be a liability in pure man coverage schemes. He uses his hands well to ward off blockers when filling the alley and flashes to make the big hit. XXX is inconsistent with his angles and instincts with the ball in the air. XXX is a good football player and should be effective in the right system at the next level. XXX should contribute early as a special teams player and a goal line safety.

Player B:
    Safety prospect with compelling size, speed and athletic ability. He has man cover skills. Very willing and able as a tackler, but despite his diverse skill set, his effectiveness can wane when asked to multitask. XXX is at his best when he's actively engaged and not sitting in space dissecting what comes next. His ball skills and athleticism are strengths that help define his value and teams will need to find ways to put him in position to utilize both without exposing his inconsistent field awareness. He might find a future role as a big nickel or a cover linebacker who can drag tight ends around the field in sub-packages.

Fun comparison. Player A is a 4x Pro Bowler. Player B is Jeremy Chinn. Identical in size and weight. Player A wasn't scouted as possessing the ball skills that Chinn has and also received some criticism for his inability to cover. Don't sleep on Chinn. Believe me.

They could literally go in any direction in rd 2. That's good to be able to do.

anyone else seeing this news of the Vikes potentially getting Odell for a 2nd and 5th rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    anyone else seeing this news of the Vikes potentially getting Odell for a 2nd and 5th rounder?
    It’s interesting. Tbh I don’t think he would be a good fit here.

Yea...def agree not being a fit. He still is pretty awesome, albeit injury prone. That price tag is pretty nice (if that is what it actually is).

More on Jeremy Chinn:

What’s your favorite part about playing the safety position?
    JC: I had a really great defensive coordinator at Southern Illinois. When you watch the film on me, you see me moving all over the place. I played in the slot, I played single-high, I played in the box. During my junior year, I actually played a lot of cornerback on the outside. I love being able to play so many different spots. That’s my favorite aspect of playing the safety position. I’m rangy enough to play up high and make those interceptions, or I can come down in the box and blitz or impact the run game. There’s so many beautiful aspects to playing the safety position. I get to do so much on the field.

When a team uses a draft pick on Jeremy Chinn, what kind of guy are they getting?
    JC: They’re gonna get a leader. They’re getting a high impact player. I love the game of football and I love learning new things. I’m always working to get better. I love the work that comes with it. That’s really what I’m most excited about as I continue to prepare for the next level. I can’t wait to get better.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast