Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I Love Smokey and Beasley; they're getting up there in age though.

No way we touch TE. They restructured Kroft (who I thought would be cut) and signed Croom. also have Lee Smith, Sweeney, and Knox. Who knows though....remember last offseason?...LOTS of TE injuries in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I Love Smokey and Beasley; they're getting up there in age though.

No way we touch TE. They restructured Kroft (who I thought would be cut) and signed Croom. also have Lee Smith, Sweeney, and Knox. Who knows though....remember last offseason?...LOTS of TE injuries in the summer.
    Only 2 of them MIGHT be worth a damn though - Knox and croom.
    If they have an opportunity to get a guy as good as Knox then they should do it.

My expectation is that we see a RB and DB with the first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    My expectation is that we see a RB and DB with the first two picks.
    I would be pleased with this.

I think RB for sure and either DE/WR

Bills are reported to have interest in S Kyle Dugger. I mentioned that they've had a FaceTime interview with Jeremy Chinn as well. Safety is a sneaky need right now. After Poyer and Hyde, the depth is incredibly thin.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Bills are reported to have interest in S Kyle Dugger. I mentioned that they've had a FaceTime interview with Jeremy Chinn as well. Safety is a sneaky need right now. After Poyer and Hyde, the depth is incredibly thin.
    Yeah Iíve been saying this, but Iím happy to see management agrees.

RB, S, G, CB, EDGE. Those are the positions I really want to see addressed.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

RB, S, G, CB, EDGE. Those are the positions I really want to see addressed.
    I still can not comprehend why people think we need a CB. The only reason I would want them to pick one in the draft is because they shoot like 100% on them.

I def think we will take a WR. This class is historically deep. I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade into the 3rd round if one we like slips.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I still can not comprehend why people think we need a CB. The only reason I would want them to pick one in the draft is because they shoot like 100% on them.
    They need a long term/cheap answer next to White, but I donít think itíll be a priority this season after bringing in Norman and Gaines.

Based on Beaneís Zoom conference, I donít think OT is a priority either and theyíll likely take a flier after round 3 rather than drafting one on day two.

They have very few holes so I do think this will be a BPA strategy, but with WR, S, G, and EDGE in mind.

Jeremy Chinn and Kyle Dugger seem to be popular names linked to the Bills in the 2nd round at S. Chinn has moved up a lot and they may have to trade up for him.

At WR, Iím personally hoping that Shenault drops to them in the 2nd. If not him, Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, and Bryan Edwards are other good options in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-04-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I def think we will take a WR. This class is historically deep. I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade into the 3rd round if one we like slips.
    Theyíve already made statements basically saying that it will be hard for all draft picks to make the team. Based on that, I fully expect them to trade up at some point or maybe even trade picks for picks in future years. Beane has always been aggressive, so I think itíll be the former.

There are some good corners in this draft that will drop a few rounds. Stanford Samuels III and Reggie Robinson II are two that I really like that will be there in the mid-to-late rounds. Thatís a position that you can never have too much depth at.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They need a long term/cheap answer next to White, but I donít think itíll be a priority this season after bringing in Norman and Gaines.
    But donít they already have that in Johnson and Wallace? They played their roles perfectly imo. The only upgrade to one of them would be a superstar to form a tandem with white. And I donít see that player coming late in the draft (never say never?). Thatís why Norman is intriguing.. if he finds is superstar groove then he could be an upgrade over those guys, if he is Average or below them he becomes CB depth behind Wallace and Johnson.

As I said, Iíll take a CB because I cannot think of a CB they have drafted since joining the bills that was a total bust. But given the depth that the quality drafting as built up, I only see them drafting a CB if they see superstar potential in a player.

But donít they already have that in Johnson and Wallace? They played their roles perfectly imo. The only upgrade to one of them would be a superstar to form a tandem with white. And I donít see that player coming late in the draft (never say never?). Thatís why Norman is intriguing.. if he finds is superstar groove then he could be an upgrade over those guys, if he is Average or below them he becomes CB depth behind Wallace and Johnson.

As I said, Iíll take a CB because I cannot think of a CB they have drafted since joining the bills that was a total bust. But given the depth that the quality drafting as built up, I only see them drafting a CB if they see superstar potential in a player.
    Johnson plays the slot and I donít think Wallace is the long term answer. He struggled at times last season.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast