Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    If I have to hear one more idiot complain that we didnít take Dobbins or get Claypool. I swear these people hear one person on a podcast hype a player and decide itís him or bust. As if they know better than the guys whoís job it is to scout these players.

Beane revealed that the Bills were targeting Moss before the 86th pick ever arrived. They wanted to trade up to make sure they landed the 22-year-old rusher, but teams ahead of them didnít want to move back. Beane had to stress a little bit while waiting for the pick but ultimately got his target. Beane said that the Bills had a higher grade on Moss than where they drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Beane revealed that the Bills were targeting Moss before the 86th pick ever arrived. They wanted to trade up to make sure they landed the 22-year-old rusher, but teams ahead of them didnít want to move back. Beane had to stress a little bit while waiting for the pick but ultimately got his target. Beane said that the Bills had a higher grade on Moss than where they drafted him.
    Both Espenesa and Moss were generally ranked one round higher than where the Bills actually got them. Time will tell how effective they are at the NFL level, but that's good value any way you look at it.

I was thinking about this last night... How refreshing is it to see the Bills being run by competent people? Look at the way they handled their WR and RB needs this offseason. Some people gave them grief for trading for Diggs when this year's draft was so deep at WR. But realizing that WRs usually take a few years to really develop and that they're in "win now" mode, the Bills decided to go with a proven commodity. More recently, when Jax made Fournette available, the Bills chose not to bite on the big name and instead drafted a power RB who should be ready to step in on day 1, will compliment Singletary perfectly, costs a fraction of Fournette's salary and will be under contract for at least 4 seasons.

Compare that to what O'Brien is doing in Houston where he essentially traded a franchise WR for an expensive, aging RB. I realize that any GM would look good in comparison to O'Brien, but my point is that these guys seem to see the bigger picture and we haven't been able to say that about the Bills since the early 90's.

I was thinking the same thing.... Espenesa was mocked so much in Rd 1, Moss mocked a lot in Rd2 and we got them each a round later.

We're on the clock soon, and it's refreshing knowing they won't do anything dumb.

I'm also hopeful we move up some time today. Our roster is too deep for these late rounders to make the squad. Let's package some picks to get into 4th or 5th round again

Bryce Hall continues to fall. He's too good of a corner to fall this far.

Cowboys have picked up two now, including Reggie Robinson II, who I really liked. Amik Robertson is still on the board as well.

My opinion on moss after watching a fe highlight packages:
    Iím a little less excited for him than I was singletary, but I can see why beane sees an NFL player there.

You could see in the tape that singletary had premier shiftiness, and as soon as he comes in he will be one of the shiftiest players in the league. He had a stand out skill that would mask some of his deficiencies (top end speed, size).

With moss - the only skill I see that is really impressive is his ability to avoid tackes for losses. seems like he turned a lot of blown up plays behind the LOS into big runs. He enjoyed having a QB who wasnít afraid to get involved in run blocking in college, and he will have the same in Allen.
    His top end speed is pretty good, but probably average in the NFL. It wonít hold him back like it does with Singletary. His size and physicality is not going to stand out in the NFL either - he has baseline size and physicality imo. He also has very good hands and has shown a lot more ability to catch the football than singletary did in college. he also looks a lot bigger than singletary did out in the field, despite the similar build. Speaks to the style of running.

Overall a good pick and really good value at that spot. He will be a big part of the offence. He will break some runs and turn some blown up plays into positive yardage. If he bulks up without losing his speed then he could be a star. I just donít see that stand out skill that will separate him from day 1. has all the tools to stick in the league, and if he develops one of those skills further then he could be great.

Zack Moss was 2nd in avoided tackles on rush attempts (89). Last year, Singletary was 2nd (98).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Zack Moss was 2nd in avoided tackles on rush attempts (89). Last year, Singletary was 2nd (98).
    Those numbers could even be low. Some of the highlights I saw he was dodging 4 guys in the backfield and finding a hole on the fly for 10 yards. And when he gets the space he has another gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    My opinion on moss after watching a fe highlight packages:
    Iím a little less excited for him than I was singletary, but I can see why beane sees an NFL player there.

You could see in the tape that singletary had premier shiftiness, and as soon as he comes in he will be one of the shiftiest players in the league. He had a stand out skill that would mask some of his deficiencies (top end speed, size).

With moss - the only skill I see that is really impressive is his ability to avoid tackes for losses. seems like he turned a lot of blown up plays behind the LOS into big runs. He enjoyed having a QB who wasnít afraid to get involved in run blocking in college, and he will have the same in Allen.
    His top end speed is pretty good, but probably average in the NFL. It wonít hold him back like it does with Singletary. His size and physicality is not going to stand out in the NFL either - he has baseline size and physicality imo. He also has very good hands and has shown a lot more ability to catch the football than singletary did in college. he also looks a lot bigger than singletary did out in the field, despite the similar build. Speaks to the style of running.

Overall a good pick and really good value at that spot. He will be a big part of the offence. He will break some runs and turn some blown up plays into positive yardage. If he bulks up without losing his speed then he could be a star. I just donít see that stand out skill that will separate him from day 1. has all the tools to stick in the league, and if he develops one of those skills further then he could be great.
    I haven't watched much of him, but everything I've read says that he's a violent runner who punishes defenders at the point of contact. He's got 223 lbs packed onto a 5'9" frame, so he's clearly way more muscular and powerful than Singletary. I wouldn't say that he needs to bulk up. His pass catching ability is a nice side benefit but it kind of feels like the main thing he brings to the Bills is that he's stylistically a complete change up from Singletary. Defenses will have to alternate between chasing a smaller moving target and then getting punched in the mouth by a very physical back. If they can scheme effectively then that combo can really wear down a defense over the course of a game.

With the 167th pick, we've selected Jake Fromm.

Would rather have gone elsewhere. Too similar to Barkley.

My only guesses are Fromm is highest rated on Beane's board and/or cost cutting on Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Would rather have gone elsewhere. Too similar to Barkley.
    We had a depth need at QB. Fromm may be something or he may not, but I think we can all agree that none of us feel comfortable with Barkley stepping in for Allen should he miss an extended period of time. I like drafting a QB until someone in that backup position sticks.

Mel Kiper just said it. "Josh Allen is a little reckless." Which is why there's a need for a QB to step in behind him and be able to win games.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast