Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Call me crazy, but I would be OK with cutting Trent and adding Clowney on a 2yr deal

Rumors of Melvin Gordon picking up

Gurley’s health doesn’t worry me. The Rams line was in shambles last season and he still managed to find the end zone 14 times. I prefer him to Gordon.

Gurley to the Falcons. Bummer.

Market for Gordon appears pretty dry. We may be able to get him on a reasonable deal. Gurley took a 1-year deal with Atlanta. Gordon may be forced to do the same. I’d be comfortable going 3-years on him at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Market for Gordon appears pretty dry. We may be able to get him on a reasonable deal. Gurley took a 1-year deal with Atlanta. Gordon may be forced to do the same. I’d be comfortable going 3-years on him at a reasonable price.
    I think I would prefer a 2 year deal because in a perfect world Allen needs a big fat contract in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think I would prefer a 2 year deal because in a perfect world Allen needs a big fat contract in 2 years.
    I am also wondering if we should use that money towards OL or DE. And draft RB.

Gordon aint gonna be happy with his next contract. 2yrs 15mil?

nevermind - as posting this, mevlin to broncos

I was close...2 yrs 16mm

Would dig Everson Griffin too.

Maybe Diggs can recruit him.

Where do you guys rank our current needs now that we’ve made some additions in FA?

Edge, WR, RB, S, Interior DL, Interior OL is what I would list our current needs as. Where would you rank them?

I'd say....

1) RB (seems like we are looking for an RB, need depth behind singletary --> def want Cam Akers)
    2) DE (unless we get Everson Griffen)
    3) WR (still need youth behind Smokey and Beasley)
    4) OL (even exterior if Ford moves inside. Wouldn't mind snagging Jason Peters on a 1-2 yr deal)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I'd say....

1) RB (seems like we are looking for an RB, need depth behind singletary --> def want Cam Akers)
    2) DE (unless we get Everson Griffen)
    3) WR (still need youth behind Smokey and Beasley)
    4) OL (even exterior if Ford moves inside. Wouldn't mind snagging Jason Peters on a 1-2 yr deal)
    I agree with this but give me OL before WR and possibly even before DE. I believe the OL could make or break this team/Allen, whereas I believe the D will be top 5 even with a pedestrian pass rush.

I just saw that the Panthers released Cam Newton. It's not too surprising but I'm wondering if the Bills will have any interest. Not sure if Newton would be willing to be a backup or not but we know that Beane and McDermott grab just about any ex-Panther on the market and Cam would be an upgrade over Barkley. With Allen also being a mobile QB, it kind of feels like there's some symmetry there. But the Bills might be afraid to bring in a guy who fans might start clamoring to have start if Allen isn't playing well. I haven't read anything indicating that either Cam or the Bills would pursue this but it just got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    I just saw that the Panthers released Cam Newton. It's not too surprising but I'm wondering if the Bills will have any interest. Not sure if Newton would be willing to be a backup or not but we know that Beane and McDermott grab just about any ex-Panther on the market and Cam would be an upgrade over Barkley. With Allen also being a mobile QB, it kind of feels like there's some symmetry there. But the Bills might be afraid to bring in a guy who fans might start clamoring to have start if Allen isn't playing well. I haven't read anything indicating that either Cam or the Bills would pursue this but it just got me thinking.
    I don’t think so. But I keep waiting for the next FA shoe to drop.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast