Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Stephon averages 17.9 yards per reception. Iím drooling.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    How many more years on his contract?
    4 years? If so then perfect.

Keep in mind too - if Allen ***** the bed then this team is beautifully prepped to draft another qb rd1 and put them in a fantastic situation to start their careers.

Pretty sure our DC was diggs HC when he broke out. Might be wrong about that.

4 years? If so then perfect.
    Yes, he's theoretically cost controlled for 4 years but there's a chance that he may want his deal renegotiated like Hopkins does. My guess is that the Bills see how he does this year and if he's everything they think he is then they'll consider reworking his contract.

And to your comment about the Vikings being a dumpster fire.... huh??? They made it to the divisional round of the playoffs last year. They're a good team. Diggs resigned with them before last season, so he clearly liked it there at one point. I get the impression he was frustrated about the run-first nature of the Vikings offense last year. I think he was also playing a little bit in the shadow of Adam Thielen, or at least sharing the spotlight with him, and was probably looking for a situation where he could be the true #1 WR. That situation concerns me somewhat but I think that McDermott and Beane have built a nice team with a nice culture and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. If Diggs' attitude is good then this could be a lot of fun.

Gotta be able to throw that deep ball, but DAMN this kid makes some contested catches look easy and he can make guys miss after the catch.

Being able to move him around (inside,outside) is key as well. These days you need to get creative with receivers if you want them to put up big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    Yes, he's theoretically cost controlled for 4 years but there's a chance that he may want his deal renegotiated like Hopkins does. My guess is that the Bills see how he does this year and if he's everything they think he is then they'll consider reworking his contract.

And to your comment about the Vikings being a dumpster fire.... huh??? They made it to the divisional round of the playoffs last year. They're a good team. Diggs resigned with them before last season, so he clearly liked it there at one point. I get the impression he was frustrated about the run-first nature of the Vikings offense last year. I think he was also playing a little bit in the shadow of Adam Thielen, or at least sharing the spotlight with him, and was probably looking for a situation where he could be the true #1 WR. That situation concerns me somewhat but I think that McDermott and Beane have built a nice team with a nice culture and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. If Diggs' attitude is good then this could be a lot of fun.
    True. I was considering the mediocrity of cousins and the fact that many of the Vikings players are on the decline. My mistake.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say Allen is more likeable to play for than Cousins. I think that will be an asset for us in this deal.

Still think it would be cool to get some OL/CB/DE help. Jason Peters, Chris Harris, and a good DE. Then we can go any direction in rd 2 of the draft.

We signed Croom and restructured Kroft, so we are not sniffing TE anymore. And we just added a few LBs.

rd 3 I want Cam Akers or Clyde Edwards-Helaire at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say Allen is more likeable to play for than Cousins. I think that will be an asset for us in this deal.

Still think it would be cool to get some OL/CB/DE help. Jason Peters, Chris Harris, and a good DE. Then we can go any direction in rd 2 of the draft.

We signed Croom and restructured Kroft, so we are not sniffing TE anymore. And we just added a few LBs.

rd 3 I want Cam Akers or Clyde Edwards-Helaire at RB.
    Sorry but why do you think we need CB help? We have 4 guys who could start in the NFL.
    I do see a need for some safety depth, but that is more likely to come from internal development and late in the draft.

We lost Jordan phillips to AZ.
    That majorly sucks. Without a 1st beane will need to find a way to improve the pass rush.

Sorry but why do you think we need CB help? We have 4 guys who could start in the NFL.
    I do see a need for some safety depth, but that is more likely to come from internal development and late in the draft.

We lost Jordan phillips to AZ.
    That majorly sucks. Without a 1st beane will need to find a way to improve the pass rush.
    I think they may move Norman into the slot and will still need a CB2 to compete with Levi Wallace.

Agreed on improving pass rush without a 1st. Assume Beane is making calls already

I think they may move Norman into the slot and will still need a CB2 to compete with Levi Wallace.

Agreed on improving pass rush without a 1st. Assume Beane is making calls already
    Tavon is the guy competing with Wallace. I could see them picking up someone late in the draft though. I just donít see the rookie getting much field time regardless.

Right now our DL is in shambles. You take phillips and Shaq our of that line last season and we have the worst DL in the league.

But I agree that LB is sewn up as it stands which should help with the run. If all the remaining cap +2nd rounder goes to the lines then we are in good shape. OL FA + RB in the 3rd and our offence is ready for next season.

Yea, right now we are rolling with Trent Murphy still. Wonder if he gets cut and they go after a more expensive option.

Who are the best DEs left in FA? Clowney and Fowler? Is Reader a DE? Thought he was DT.

Who are the best DEs left in FA? Clowney and Fowler? Is Reader a DE? Thought he was DT.
    Doesnít matter. We could use a DT too.

Yea, right now we are rolling with Trent Murphy still. Wonder if he gets cut and they go after a more expensive option.
    No way I would cut him right now. Our DL is Murphy and phillips who missed all of last season (though he did look great when he played).

We need to add pieces. No need to subtract when we have this kind of cap space.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast