Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    A.J. Klein coming to Buffalo. 3-years, $18 million.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 03-16-2020 at 10:13 PM.

We just traded for Diggs

Compensation update: Bills are trading a 1st-round pick, a 5th-round pick, a 6th-round pick and a 2021 4th-round pick for Vikings WR Stefon Diggs and a 2020 7th-round pick, source tells ESPN.

Hefty price...WAYYY more for him than Hopkins.

I am happy we got a WR1, this seems like an over-pay.

trading a first stings. there must have been several teams trying to get him (guessing eagles, pats, jets at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    Hefty price...WAYYY more for him than Hopkins.

I am happy we got a WR1, this seems like an over-pay.
    I don't think anyone should compare the Diggs trade to the Hopkins trade because, as has been pointed out by pretty much everyone, Bill O'Brien is the worst GM in the league and got totally fleeced. The late round picks don't matter much, especially because the Bills had extra late rounders. In essence this is Diggs for the #22 overall pick. Talent-wise, the Bills weren't getting a WR as good as Diggs with that pick. In that sense I love this trade.

My only concern is that if Diggs was frustrated with Cousins in Minnesota then there's serious potential for him having the same issues with Allen. Allen may have a higher ceiling but Cousins is definitely a better QB at this moment. I'm curious to know if Diggs was consulted on this trade before it happened or not. I love the culture that McDermott is building but we all know AB didn't want to come to Buffalo last year and it's not exactly a FA hot spot. Fingers crossed that Diggs is on board with it, because if he is and if Knox makes good on the potential he flashed as a rookie then this receiving corps could be filthy.

At the risk of sounding like Sabres (aka Wings n Bleu)... after this trade, this coming season is really all on Josh Allen. He's got weapons around him now including a legit #1 WR. The O-line will, at worst, have consistency from last season to this season. At best, the Bills may still add an impact O-lineman in FA or the draft who could upgrade the unit. With their stellar defense, the team isn't going to ask Allen to win games singlehandedly. But he has to make solid reads, smart decisions and accurate passes. If he can do that then the sky's the limit for this team. But that's still a big if...

Man, I want to get excited about this, but his attitude is terrible. This marks consecutive off-seasons that Beane has pulled a trade for WR1s with bad attitudes. Clearly not afraid of these guysí issues.

I mean...those 5th and 6th round picks this year might not have even made the roster, so trading those isn't too bad I guess.

Ceedee, Jeudy, Ruggs were not falling to pick #22 this year & I am glad we are not relying on a rookie WR if we are getting into win-now mode.

Diggs' attitude the last season or so has been pretty confrontational. Perhaps he had some beef with cousins.

We weren't getting Cooper or AJ Green, so this is about as good as an add talent-wise as we could do. Which I am cool with.

Brady leaving AFC east a well.

Brady leaving AFC east a well.
    Bills are becoming the overwhelming favorites to win the East.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 03-17-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Bye bye Brady!

We just traded for Diggs

Compensation update: Bills are trading a 1st-round pick, a 5th-round pick, a 6th-round pick and a 2021 4th-round pick for Vikings WR Stefon Diggs and a 2020 7th-round pick, source tells ESPN.
    Hopefully that 1st is the 32nd overall next year.

Diggs is really good. And I donít think he will get frustrated with Allen because Allen will force it into him.

Our 1st this year will be spent on a pass rusher it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    I don't think anyone should compare the Diggs trade to the Hopkins trade because, as has been pointed out by pretty much everyone, Bill O'Brien is the worst GM in the league and got totally fleeced. The late round picks don't matter much, especially because the Bills had extra late rounders. In essence this is Diggs for the #22 overall pick. Talent-wise, the Bills weren't getting a WR as good as Diggs with that pick. In that sense I love this trade.

My only concern is that if Diggs was frustrated with Cousins in Minnesota then there's serious potential for him having the same issues with Allen. Allen may have a higher ceiling but Cousins is definitely a better QB at this moment. I'm curious to know if Diggs was consulted on this trade before it happened or not. I love the culture that McDermott is building but we all know AB didn't want to come to Buffalo last year and it's not exactly a FA hot spot. Fingers crossed that Diggs is on board with it, because if he is and if Knox makes good on the potential he flashed as a rookie then this receiving corps could be filthy.

At the risk of sounding like Sabres (aka Wings n Bleu)... after this trade, this coming season is really all on Josh Allen. He's got weapons around him now including a legit #1 WR. The O-line will, at worst, have consistency from last season to this season. At best, the Bills may still add an impact O-lineman in FA or the draft who could upgrade the unit. With their stellar defense, the team isn't going to ask Allen to win games singlehandedly. But he has to make solid reads, smart decisions and accurate passes. If he can do that then the sky's the limit for this team. But that's still a big if...
    Yeah I really like the ceiling on this teams receiving corps. Brown is a perfect #2 and Beasley is a perfect slot. Knox just has to keep doing what he did last season, except more of it. Singletary should be getting a new running mate in the draft too. A good thing with singletary is his style is so unique. You can get a big bruiser RB or a speedy receiving guy and either would contrast singletary nicely. Maybe both?

I think we need 1 more OL.

We really did see a huge improvement in Allen last season and you know heís spending all his practise time working on that deep ball. Iím feeling a lot of optimism about this team.

Hopkins would have been great, but diggs is awesome and heís the speedy small type receiver that we know Allen operates well with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Man, I want to get excited about this, but his attitude is terrible. This marks consecutive off-seasons that Beane has pulled a trade for WR1s with bad attitudes. Clearly not afraid of these guysí issues.
    Links? I look back at Watkins and remember how ****** of a person he was with the bills. But I donít see him causing any issues since he left. Vikings are a dumpster fire right now just like we used to be under Rex. A lot of players would be unhappy on these types of teams - especially WR whoís next several generations of their families wellbeing is hinging completely on the rest of the offence getting them the ball.

How many more years on his contract?

****. I misunderstood. Itís the 1st this year that we traded away. Too bad. Next seasons 1st would have been perfect because we could have added a pass rusher.

Going to have to start spending some of that money right away.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast